• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like we will be going to Old Oyster Factory.

Is there anything I should request when making the reservation?
(we are down to only four adults now).

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

A view, but that's not difficult. It's mostly windows. I don't imagine they are seating people outside this time of year.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to update this thread, by printing all the new information. It is just full of excellent suggestions and food photos. IMHO.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Make reservation via CONCIERGE if you cannot otherwise.
Absolutely request window table "straight ahead" on main level....straight back from hostess stand.
AWESOME view from there. (note: sitting along the south window has a horrible glare if it's really sunny on an early reservation----
so just ask to change tables if they take you there). Straight Back window wall tables or nearby in middle/second row, away from S window, are ideal.
Just before sunset is awesome.... or later....Best time (but depending on your preference), imho, is 5:30 - 6:45, but not later.
Use Marriott CONCIERGE for "Call ahead" seating, and you'll be seated almost immediately, no wait.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just returned from Hilton Head (wife's there for 2 weeks, but I'm only there for the weekends),
and we had the very distinct and enjoyable pleasure of dining with our good TUG buddy "jont" on 4 occasions.
His lovely bride wasn't able to make it (it was actually a golfing trip for John, with his son and a friend) and we definitely missed her.
We had one great lunch, one awesome breakfast, and two outstanding dinners. We were toasting everything, LOL.
What can I say? It was another stellar line-up, but now I have to wait another week to go back to HH. John, hold down the fort, my friend.
BUT reservations are on the books for next weekend, and that'll get me through my work week.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Just returned from Hilton Head (wife's there for 2 weeks, but I'm only there for the weekends),
and we had the very distinct and enjoyable pleasure of dining with our good TUG buddy "jont" on 4 occasions.
His lovely bride wasn't able to make it (it was actually a golfing trip for John, with his son and a friend) and we definitely missed her.
We had one great lunch, one awesome breakfast, and two outstanding dinners. We were toasting everything, LOL.
What can I say? It was another stellar line-up, but now I have to wait another week to go back to HH. John, hold down the fort, my friend.
BUT reservations are on the books for next weekend, and that'll get me through my work week.
Thank you so much Marty. You are such a gracious host! It is truly my honor and privilege to share meals with you and Mona. BTW, Ella’s was outstanding! A new favorite.
Until the next time please stay safe and eat well.
Ramble on
Dude

Reactions: jme

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make reservation via CONCIERGE if you cannot otherwise.
Absolutely request window table "straight ahead" on main level....straight back from hostess stand.
AWESOME view from there. (note: sitting along the south window has a horrible glare if it's really sunny on an early reservation----
so just ask to change tables if they take you there). Straight Back window wall tables or nearby in middle/second row, away from S window, are ideal.
Just before sunset is awesome.... or later....Best time (but depending on your preference), imho, is 5:30 - 6:45, but not later.
Use Marriott CONCIERGE for "Call ahead" seating, and you'll be seated almost immediately, no wait.

Should I just ask for Marty's table?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
And slip the hostess a 20

What? ..........they actually slip ME a $20..........:)

EDIT:
NOT! I was responding 100% in jest to my good friend "jont". Ask him, he knows.
They don't know me from Adam.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
What? ..........they actually slip ME a $20..........:)

Hmmm...so is this an admission you are getting kickbacks from the restaurants on your list?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Hmmm...so is this an admission you are getting kickbacks from the restaurants on your list?

How impartial is this list???:unsure:

I was KIDDING.
Absolutely NOT.
I started this as a one-time restaurant recommendation to a friend, then again to a TUG stranger in a PM,
then people began to ask for more, so it ballooned to what it is today.
But it was an enjoyable hobby, and being that I go to Hilton Head often, it served a helpful purpose.

Nobody at any of the restaurants knows anything about me except that I'm a regular, at best. I never mention any list or such,
and nobody there ever has a clue that my impressions are printed on TUG.
As far as anyone knows I'm just an ordinary diner....which is what I am, in fact. This hobby of mine is purely fun,
and believe me, I'm 100% an amateur at this.

But I think I have good taste, excuse the pun, and that I can rightly and fairly judge.
I'm too darn busy in my full time dental practice to EVER think of any endeavor other than what it is.
In some ways it's an escape into a world that I enjoy.
If the recommendations help, and I've had communications that it does help a lot from individuals all over the US and abroad,
then it spurs me on, and it just keeps me going.
Hilton Head is a popular place, but restaurants can be quite unknown (signage codes, many don't advertise, etc),
so I sincerely think I've dug deep to find the good ones, and to let them be known.

(A non-TUG friend of 15+ years, currently at MGO where we originally met, was flabbergasted last week when my list was mentioned
and I gave him a printout. He couldn't believe the long, long list of restaurants noted,
and he said, "You have restaurants that I've never heard of". And he's been coming down each year from NJ for 15-20 years
and stays at least 10-12 weeks each time. Go figure, but that's sort of how it is. )
My friends from TUG with whom I've dined out, and they are many, know what I do and what I don't do.
Frankly it never occurred to me to let anyone at a restaurant know anything other than I'm just a normal customer
sharing experiences (like we all do for resorts and everything else, etc).

EDIT:
And another thing....My values and morality would never allow me to benefit personally from such an endeavor in any way, shape, or form.
My list is and has always been 100% fair and unbiased.
Frankly I don't care WHAT anyplace thinks, my list is my list, and I'll write pro or con recommendations based on my impressions.
There are several restaurants which don't get such good words spoken, and I issue caveats for those, as anyone can go back and see,
so as the (stupid) saying goes, "It is what it is".

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Just for the record, On Marty’s behalf, I was kidding.

Marty, you can Venmo me the $$$

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
So were we. Well at least I was. I can't speak for @JIMinNC :p

No problem, you two are very good TUG friends and I just wanted to set the record straight before
somebody who doesn't know me thinks that it could even be possible.
So nooooo harm done. Just go forward knowing that my "hobby" is truly only that, and completely above board.

I WISH sometimes the restaurants knew of my glowing remarks, but I don't ever want them to know,
because I also don't want the ones to which I've given marginal or downright bad reviews to know.

Maybe symbolic or a "tell", but I'm not one that likes a table in the middle of the place, or under the brightest overhead light,
but I prefer strongly the lower-lit wall or window tables for privateness with my wife and friends.
In other words, I don't really care to be known.
I RUN FROM any sort of spotlight, always have and always will, and that transfers across the board in my life.
I'm actually a very private and quiet person, perhaps unbeknownst to most people.
"Jont" would laugh at that, but it's true.
Occasionally I am somewhat different in closer friends' presence, tho. ;)

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, that is why timeshare is just so great. Friendship.
True Friendship and having a good time.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not want or needs to be in the spotlight. That is for thrill seekers and young folks, who needs attention. LOL.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem, you two are very good TUG friends and I just wanted to set the record straight before
somebody who doesn't know me thinks that it could even be possible.
So nooooo harm done. Just go forward knowing that my "hobby" is truly only that, and completely above board.

I WISH sometimes the restaurants knew of my glowing remarks, but I don't ever want them to know,
because I also don't want the ones to which I've given marginal or downright bad reviews to know.

Maybe symbolic or a "tell", but I'm not one that likes a table in the middle of the place, or under the brightest overhead light,
but I prefer strongly the lower-lit wall or window tables for privateness with my wife and friends.
In other words, I don't really care to be known.
I RUN FROM any sort of spotlight, always have and always will, and that transfers across the board in my life.
I'm actually a very private and quiet person, perhaps unbeknownst to most people.
"Jont" would laugh at that, but it's true.
Occasionally I am somewhat different in closer friends' presence, tho. ;)
I'm sure everyone knew it was a joke but then you can never be too careful. It only takes on person to take it the wrong way and then it's on.

Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I'm sure everyone knew it was a joke but then you can never be too careful. It only takes on person to take it the wrong way and then it's on.

You said a mouthful there..........

I've never addressed that subject, or thought to, so I had to respond and make sure it was understood, joking or no joking.
Thanks

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was KIDDING.

EDIT:
And another thing....My values and morality would never allow me to benefit personally from such an endeavor in any way, shape, or form.
My list is and has always been 100% fair and unbiased.
Frankly I don't care WHAT anyplace thinks, my list is my list, and I'll write pro or con recommendations based on my impressions.
There are several restaurants which don't get such good words spoken, and I issue caveats for those, as anyone can go back and see,
so as the (stupid) saying goes, "It is what it is".
I have noticed a few of these restaurants with a sign on their doors saying 'Dentist Approved'. ;)

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC: