• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
First visit - got 5 th floor end unit in Cobia Blg with nice water view on 2 wk II exchange booked just last month using retrade from exchanges to Palm Springs for same time. Our unit has recently updated sofa, carpet, and drapes. Also, looks like floor tile and cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms were recently updated as well as glass shower enclosure. However, the vanity tops are old and in need of updating- which is strange given the cabinets look new??

Very limited front desk and concierge services. No one answers phone at front desk. Concierge has no information- unable to even provide map of local area for us first timers.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Given first time in area - is there any citrus stands to purchase fresh Indian River oranges or grapefruits in the area or off I-95 when heading back north when returning home?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
However, the vanity tops are old and in need of updating- which is strange given the cabinets look new??

Consider the vanity tops a shabby chic vintage touch and enjoy that coveted 5th floor end unit. II exchanges never get those.

Use Goole maps. It’s better than the concierge ever was as they just offered approved selections.

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
Given first time in area - is there any citrus stands to purchase fresh Indian River oranges or grapefruits in the area or off I-95 when heading back north when returning home?
I am interested in citrus markets too. I have not been to this market but here is one I found in Fort Pierce. http://www.nelsonfamilyfarms.com

There are also several green markets in the area which are very good and fun.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Consider the vanity tops a shabby chic vintage touch and enjoy that coveted 5th floor end unit. II exchanges never get those.

Use Goole maps. It’s better than the concierge ever was as they just offered approved selections.
We also got a 5th floor, south-facing end unit in Dolphin through a II exchange and would up extending it 5 days with DC points. Outstanding room.

2Pale2Tan

Reaction score
Younger couple visiting OP for the first time in late February - I have heard about the 5 year soft-refurb schedule and am wondering if anyone can confirm that Kingfish got their 2020 refurb done even during the pandemic? We are not sure what building is best, but if it has the newest refurb we will request it. Cleanliness is important to us, so we will sacrifice some exclusion for a cleaner/newer looking unit. If anyone has any input on what building would suit us best - I'm all ears! I have learned a lot on TUG, especially about OP, very thankful for all the posters.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Younger couple visiting OP for the first time in late February - I have heard about the 5 year soft-refurb schedule and am wondering if anyone can confirm that Kingfish got their 2020 refurb done even during the pandemic? We are not sure what building is best, but if it has the newest refurb we will request it. Cleanliness is important to us, so we will sacrifice some exclusion for a cleaner/newer looking unit. If anyone has any input on what building would suit us best - I'm all ears! I have learned a lot on TUG, especially about OP, very thankful for all the posters.

I believe Sailfish has had the most recent refurbishment.

Liberty76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OP
Well Kingfish is closest to the inlet and has a zero entry pool if either is important to you. Otherwise I'd go by the beach access (if used a lot) or pool type to select building. Lap style pool near Cobia/pompano vs play pools near Sailfish/Dolphin .

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
Does anyone know if the state of Florida recognizes timeshare deeded weeks' owners as residents?

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Have a weeks reservation late April and want to extend it but stay in the same unit and view for 4 nights. It is available now for part of the extended stay but not all. I made a reservation using $$$ for the 2 nights that I could not get using points but wondering if I book the other two nights using points can I rebook them if after the 59 day limit if they are available? We are Chairmans club so it would be saving points but will Mvci allow for me to do that?
Thanks!

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We are also chairman club. If you cancel points under 60 days, then you can only use them 2 to 4 months out. So you would have to cancel the reservation you hold now and rebook at the 59 days. That way the points will have been put back in your account for you to use. I would call owner services and have them do it. That way you won't loose the dates you want. Also you could be put on a waitlist for the days you want to use points for and are currently paying cash. We have had wonderful luck with the waitlist. That has to be done with owner services. Owner services seems to be less strick, now that they are working from home. No big brother watching.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Thank you for your quick reply! I have not made the points reservation yet. So would it be prudent to make the 2 day points reservation now and then ask to be put on the waitlist for the 2 days that were not available using points? I am a 30 year owner but the points system is new to me! Thanks again!

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
If you are put on the waitlist, you have surrender from your account the points that are needed. That way when your date becomes available they already have the points. I would just go ahead and make the 2 day point reservation now, that way you know you have those dates. Also the dates you want may be available. I wanted to extend my Christmas stay in 2021 into 2022. I looked at the point system online, and there were no rooms available. So I called owner services to be put on a waitlist and she had those dates available. I was looking at the Marriott website and talking with her, they were not on it. So maybe those two sites aren't complete in harmony. You can get your money back up to 24 hours. Also make sure if you are looking at two bedrooms, you get the right two bedrooms. Sometimes a two bedroom pops up, but it is part of the three bedroom unit. (2-twin beds) not the lock off as the second bedroom. I have had that happen to me. Hope this helps.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are put on the waitlist, you have surrender from your account the points that are needed. That way when your date becomes available they already have the points. I would just go ahead and make the 2 day point reservation now, that way you know you have those dates. Also the dates you want may be available. I wanted to extend my Christmas stay in 2021 into 2022. I looked at the point system online, and there were no rooms available. So I called owner services to be put on a waitlist and she had those dates available. I was looking at the Marriott website and talking with her, they were not on it. So maybe those two sites aren't complete in harmony. You can get your money back up to 24 hours. Also make sure if you are looking at two bedrooms, you get the right two bedrooms. Sometimes a two bedroom pops up, but it is part of the three bedroom unit. (2-twin beds) not the lock off as the second bedroom. I have had that happen to me. Hope this helps.
Thanks again! I will secure the two days and then ask to be put on the waitlist!

happyguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott ocean pointe, marriott desert springs
they are all great. kingfish gives you an ocean and inlet view

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Which is the better building for High Floor Ocean front ?

Most important is to ask for a high floor. Some of the lower floors will have the ocean views blocked by trees.

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
You will be pleased with the view from oceanfront high floor in all the buildings.

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished a week in a studio and now have 9 nights in a one bedroom. Very happy with our room. First time in Pompano, but I asked for south side and high floor, any building but Kingfish, and that's what they gave us. The pink building is now white and while we were in our studio on the 6th floor we were looking down on its roof, now on 5th floor we are even with its top floor. Great view of the ocean, inlet, and sun all day! The temps are low and the windspeed is high today, but I am a happy camper.
We have visited many Marriott timeshares, but OP is our favorite.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We like the Pompano building. It doesn't really matter what floor we are on. Are there many restrictions with the Covid precautions? What activities are still available?

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only activities are aqua fit and tie dye. You have to register in advance for those. The mini-golf, bocci, shuffleboard and tennis courts are open.
You must wear a mask when you walk around the campus but not when seated or in the pool/spa.