• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
enjoyed johnny longboats....seemed a very popular place with both inside and outside seating less than a mile up the road from the resort. they even had a handmade pizza/italian kitchen right next door if you were hankering for that.

also ate at two drunken goats... it seemed like more of a bar than a restaurant but they had advertised breakfast so we gave it a shot. not terribly impressed and would not suggest.
I would recommend Waterway Cafe on PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens, Duffy's on Route One and PGA in the plaza there. For Mexican I would go to Rocco Taco's on PGA west of Military Trail.
Hopes this helps. We also like Grease in West Palm Beach, was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Then we walk down to the yachts and look around. Hope this helps.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
enjoyed johnny longboats....seemed a very popular place with both inside and outside seating less than a mile up the road from the resort. they even had a handmade pizza/italian kitchen right next door if you were hankering for that.

also ate at two drunken goats... it seemed like more of a bar than a restaurant but they had advertised breakfast so we gave it a shot. not terribly impressed and would not suggest.

I think Johnny Longboats and two drunken goats are run by the same people. Their menus are very similar.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Guakamoles is our favorite nearby restaurant for the food. It may seem pricey but the portions are large enough to share entrees.

I said "for the food" with Guakamoles because I think everything is excellent. For waterside atmosphere we enjoy the walk to Sailfish Marina for lunch on the patio, appetizer and beer in the outdoor bar or sunset dinner. Food is good. Sitting by the marina is the main purpose for going.

larry gulick

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, Wyndham Bonett Creek, Spinnaker Waterside
stay wasnt exactly ideal...we wound up leaving early...but this was more due to our kids than anything else. have typed up a lengthy review and will post shortly....but ill share this pic.

you truly dont appreciate all the childproofing you did to your own home until you stay somewhere that has zero childproofing!
Guakamoles is our favorite nearby restaurant for the food. It may seem pricey but the portions are large enough to share entrees.

I said "for the food" with Guakamoles because I think everything is excellent. For waterside atmosphere we enjoy the walk to Sailfish Marina for lunch on the patio, appetizer and beer in the outdoor bar or sunset dinner. Food is good. Sitting by the marina is the main purpose for going.

larry gulick

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, Wyndham Bonett Creek, Spinnaker Waterside
The last three or four years we have returned going to Johnny Longboats and have been satisfied with the food. drinks, and service. The last two or three years we have also returned to going the Sailfish Marina. We go one night for a family dinner with six to twelve people,always enjoyable. Every year both places some comment here they like these two places and some comment how bad they are. I would suggest go and make a decision. A place we haven't been for several years is Guanabonas (hope spelling is correct}. Love the atmosphere and location, but we did have a problem and have never returned. My wife ordered a salad and changed her mind to have chicken added. The salad was overpriced to begin with (not that they have a monoply on this), but they charged us additional fifteen dollars for a small amount of chicken added. Left with less than stellar opinion. Again go and see if you like it.

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
The last three or four years we have returned going to Johnny Longboats and have been satisfied with the food. drinks, and service. The last two or three years we have also returned to going the Sailfish Marina. We go one night for a family dinner with six to twelve people,always enjoyable. Every year both places some comment here they like these two places and some comment how bad they are. I would suggest go and make a decision. A place we haven't been for several years is Guanabonas (hope spelling is correct}. Love the atmosphere and location, but we did have a problem and have never returned. My wife ordered a salad and changed her mind to have chicken added. The salad was overpriced to begin with (not that they have a monoply on this), but they charged us additional fifteen dollars for a small amount of chicken added. Left with less than stellar opinion. Again go and see if you like it.

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We like Guanabonas, but they do not take reservations, and there is always a wait. Not sure how they social distance.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Thank you all for the restaurant recommendations - we will likely give Guanabonas and Johnny Longboats a try.

My research shows that OP has 5 buildings. Which building should we request in priority order? Are there ocean views from all rooms? We are there for 2 wks in Jan thru II exchanges for the first time, but given some priority since we our multi-week Marriott owner’s.

Thanks again for your help.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Thank you all for the restaurant recommendations - we will likely give Guanabonas and Johnny Longboats a try.

My research shows that OP has 5 buildings. Which building should we request in priority order? Are there ocean views from all rooms? We are there for 2 wks in Jan thru II exchanges for the first time, but given some priority since we our multi-week Marriott owner’s.

We just came back from Ocean Pointe after spending a week at Oceana Palms. This was our first time at Ocean Pointe.

I know I shouldn’t compare since we had a newly remodeled ocean front unit at Oceana Palms which had a spectacular view.

It was quite a come down when we moved to Ocean Pointe to a unit badly in need of updating. We were in Dolphin. The kitchen appliances need to be replaced. Dents in refrigerator, dishwasher sounded like it was dying, microwave was extremely low over cooktop and the light button was depressed in so you could not use it. The bathroom vanities are low. Still have the large jetted bath tub in master. The soft goods were ok and I liked the lamps. We knew we had an Oceanside unit and we could see the ocean. Since we had to be out of Oceana Palms by 10:00 (asked if we could stay a bit longer and told no due to time to clean units). I had called Ocean Pointe ahead of time and told them our situation and asked to be assigned to first available. When we got there about 10:30 we were able to get in. It might have helped that it was a Friday which I think is less popular for check-ins.

We did not eat out. Primarily cooked in villa. Got carry out from Two Drunken Goats (not very good) and pizza carry out from someplace I can’t remember.

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Exchanging with II will only give you the unit that the owner put into II. If they put an ocean view in that's what you get, if they put an ocean front in that's what you get. You can request a certain building, but since you are trading with II and not an owner, there are no guarantee's. Many Ocean Pointe owners come to Ocean Pointe for many weeks or the whole season. Of course they have priority. But then as owners we don't even know for sure which building we will get or floor until we check in. You will receive an email letting you know all of this. At this time there's not a lot of activity going on because of Covid, so the only real question is what pool do you want to be near and if you want to be near the take out food.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we stayed in the kingfish building....it was the furthest building from the rest and actually separated from the resort by a large condo complex. it seemed to have been updated based on the other pictures from the review pages.

still has its own private pool/hottub/bar...and entrance to the beach but it is right on the inlet and leaves you really only one way to go to walk down the beach or find a socially distant spot to enjoy.

I actually uploaded a map to the review page from my stay so you can see all the buildings and amenities etc.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Our 2 week reservations are for Oceanside per the Marriott system. I like the Kingfish building- as I like quiet and away from people. But would the units facing the inlet be considered Oceanside or are they oceanfront?

Btw, does this resort provide free chairs on the beach like Oceana Palms?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Our 2 week reservations are for Oceanside per the Marriott system. I like the Kingfish building- as I like quiet and away from people. But would the units facing the inlet be considered Oceanside or are they oceanfront?

Btw, does this resort provide free chairs on the beach like Oceana Palms?
The units that face the inlet are considered Oceanfront. If you want Kingfish, just request it. Chances are good that they will put you in Kingfish since most people want to be in the main resort section. However, the views aren't great from the oceanside villas.

No free chairs are provided at Ocean Pointe like Oceana Palms. There is a beach vender that rents chairs. The price is also steep for beach chair rentals from Oceanside Beach Service. $65/day for two chairs and an umbrella. A lot of people just go and buy a couple chairs and umbrella and then leave them behind.

I have several videos about the resort from our stays at Ocean Pointe on my YouTube channel if you are interested.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id certainly have preferred an inlet view on the south side than the view we had from the north which was essentially staring at the condo building next door. all rooms seemed to technically have an ocean view off the balcony if you leaned your head out or looked up the beach from your balcony etc.

GAGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott ocean pointe
I understood if I hit the watch button at the top I would receive an email when someone post. I have not gotten anything? is there something else I need to do?

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
My brain was going this morning thinking about our reservations for 2021 at Ocean Pointe. I own weeks and legacy points. If I were to cancel my weeks in 2021 within 60 days of the commencement of the stay, could I convert the cancelled weeks to vacation/legacy points?

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
My brain was going this morning thinking about our reservations for 2021 at Ocean Pointe. I own weeks and legacy points. If I were to cancel my weeks in 2021 within 60 days of the commencement of the stay, could I convert the cancelled weeks to vacation/legacy points?
Sorry but no!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
2021 weeks would have had to be converted to points by 9/30/2020 (later for some higher level Marriott ownerships; Presidential, Chairmans)

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
We are at Ocean pointe for 2 weeks in January for the first time and currently at Oceana Palms - also first time. Would appreciate suggestions for favorite restaurants that are moderately priced - seafood, Greek, Asian, Latin, Mexican - we love all types of food.

Everyone's definition of "moderate" is different, but we travel to PBG every year for a week and always try to eat at The Food Shack in Jupiter. Very small place in a strip mall that you'd probably walk past and not think anything of it. Almost every time I get a piece of sweet potato crusted fish served over greens. OMG. My son who is a slow eater inhaled a dish of braised short ribs before I was half done with my dinner. The fish dinner I order could easily be split. Full disclosure: this strip mall also has the "Spa" that Robert Kraft made a visit to. They also have another location in Jupiter (Hibiscus Catering) that has a friendly looking menu, but we've never been there.

http://www.littlemoirsjupiter.com

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
2021 weeks would have had to be converted to points by 9/30/2020 (later for some higher level Marriott ownerships; Presidential, Chairmans)
Dioxide, thank you for confirming what I thought that it was past the deadline for converting weeks.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Assuming you have not already locked off your weeks, and assuming you make the cancelation prior to 12/31/2020 then you still do have the option of converting your week(s) to Marriott Bonvoy Points (the old Marriott Reward Points).

Depositing your week(s) into Interval International may also still be another possibility for you.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Assuming you have not already locked off your weeks, and assuming you make the cancelation prior to 12/31/2020 then you still do have the option of converting your week(s) to Marriott Bonvoy Points (the old Marriott Reward Points).

Depositing your week(s) into Interval International may also still be another possibility for you.

Only if @LMOR is still outside 60 days from checkin could they get Bonvoy points. If their reservation is for Jan or early February, they can't cancel. Depositing to II would still be an option though. I mention this because they specifically mentioned "within 60 days", so thinking they may already be there.

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
I am not at OP but will be at the end of January. Not planning to cancel - just thinking of what if.