• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
For all the Ocean Pointe owners, I spent most of this past week at the resort. I really liked it, however was disappointed with the beach. That is, it was pretty rough the five days I was there so, I did not let the kids in the water. Just curious, is it always like this at this location?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For all the Ocean Pointe owners, I spent most of this past week at the resort. I really liked it, however was disappointed with the beach. That is, it was pretty rough the five days I was there so, I did not let the kids in the water. Just curious, is it always like this at this location?

It can be. Especially with storms. You really need to watch the flag color at the lifeguard stand.

Sometimes it’s very wavy without the undertow. Then you can play in the waves if you’re strong enough.

With any wave action there’s usually an undertow right at the entry and you have to time the waves to get through it.

When the weather is clear it can be warm and beautiful.

There is a public beach at Phil Foster park under tge Blue Heron bridge. On pretty days but rough waves at OP it can be just the opposite at the bridge beach.

Also, a day trip to Peanut Island can be a nice smooth beach experience.

It is definitely a different beach experience than the west coast of Florida.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

We typically go the first week of December and have for nearly 20 years. Typically during a week long stay, there will be one or two days of calm water, one or two days of choppy water and a few days or rough water. Some years there’s only one calm day. There have been years were the water was rough or choppy the entire week.
It’s always a crap shoot as to what we’ll get and I’ve learned to not be disappointed by the weather.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 4 weeks at OP, 3 silver and 1 plat. My original plan was to use the plat last week in April and one of the silvers 1st week in May and the 2 other silvers in Sep/Oct time frame. Did this for a few years until the points program came out. April/May was a nice visit weather wise but Sep/Oct were really rough surf conditions. I enjoyed it as I grew up on Long Island and the beach conditions were similar but my young grandchildren couldn't go in without two adult good swimmers with them.
The points program was a game changer. Now I turn in all the OP weeks for points and use them for gold season. You might ask who wants to go to Florida in the summer months. Well you'll be right if you were going to central Florida, Orlando for example. It's hot, sticky and not much of a breeze. OP is hot, breezy cool, humid but you don't notice it because of the ocean breezes. The surf is warm and gentle, fine for young kids and adults who are not comfortable in rough surf. On top of that it's much cheaper point wise to go in summer rather than the seasons I own. As an example I turn in my 3bdm silver for 4225 points. I then reserve a 3bdm in July but it only costs me 3675 points. I turn in my silver 2bdrm OF for 3825 and use it at MFC in Feb for 4125 points. That costs me 300 points but really, 300 points to go to MFC in Feb rather than OP in Sep, that's a no brainer. With my 3bdm swap I'm still ahead about 300 points.

As far as beach conditions OP in Gold season is the best choice in my opinion.

captbob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Ocean Point removed the swings that were around the property. The GM doesn't know but all that is left is the A frame and the swings are gone.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Ocean Point removed the swings that were around the property. The GM doesn't know but all that is left is the A frame and the swings are gone.

The GM doesn't know?

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this message from OP's Board President:

"Please join me in welcoming Andy Mitchell, the current GM at Oceana Palms, as the new GM at OP starting in late December.

Also please join me in thanking Dennis Nau, our current OP GM, and wishing him good wishes on his retirement.

As I mentioned in a previous e-mail, we have a new Director of Operations at OP, Brian Vahey, so we will have some new faces along with numerous familiar ones at the resort."

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The GM doesn't know?
Perhaps someone just came in the middle of the night and took them? Strange response from the GM...

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this message from OP's Board President:

"Please join me in welcoming Andy Mitchell, the current GM at Oceana Palms, as the new GM at OP starting in late December.

Also please join me in thanking Dennis Nau, our current OP GM, and wishing him good wishes on his retirement.

As I mentioned in a previous e-mail, we have a new Director of Operations at OP, Brian Vahey, so we will have some new faces along with numerous familiar ones at the resort."
I'm sure Andy will be happy to have pools that don't get shaded out in the afternoon by the monstrous building next to Oceana Palms. That building definitely changed the appeal and views of the resort. Good luck to him.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Andy will be happy to have pools that don't get shaded out in the afternoon by the monstrous building next to Oceana Palms. That building definitely changed the appeal and views of the resort. Good luck to him.

Well on a positive note, at least the guests don't have to compete for the umbrellas or cabanas.

wt123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe
Beachplace Towers
[Owners Social at Ocean Pointe - MERGED]

Her fellow OPers - Susan and I are not coming to OP this coming winter so we will not be able to “host” our weekly Thursday evening cocktail party for owners and guests. If anyone else would like to host this, please let me know how I can be of help. We didn’t want to take the chance of catching the virus away from home.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeGVeg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Hello Everyone,
We are Walt and Ginny from Michigan. We are down to MOP every year for the first two weeks in March. We also own at Oceana Palms, but we like OP better and usually turn in our week for points. We have taken nine trips with Colette Travel.
We found our way into Tug this evening, but are afraid that it won't be so easy after 12/15. Please let me know the steps to find the Marriott OP thread after mid December.
Thank you very much to anyone or all who to take the time to answer our question.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Walt and Ginny,

You're here. Simply copy this link into your browser:

bzzybee13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone know which Ocean Pointe buildings have construction going on right now? We will be there starting on the 13th and I'd love to know what to expect. Thanks.

Swimmer Girl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Hi all. Does anyone know which Ocean Pointe buildings have construction going on right now? We will be there starting on the 13th and I'd love to know what to expect. Thanks.
It is Sailfish.

NonnaandPop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Point, The Quarters OC MD
I do not get any email notifications to this thread. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am read to close my account Where can I find to get help.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not get any email notifications to this thread. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am read to close my account Where can I find to get help.

As clear and simple directions have been laid out it’s also difficult for others to know what you’re doing wrong. I got an email notice that you replied to this thread.

Have you checked your Junk mail to see if the notifications are going there? Have you clicked on the tab to “Watch” this thread?

TUG has so much more information to offer with regards to MVC ownership besides this thread. Just look at the range of topics in the other threads. Now that you’ve found TUG it would be a waste to delete your account. As you are at Guest status I suspect your membership is free. Therefore any help you receive is freely given from others. Please try to keep this in mind.

Please check your Junk folder in you mail account. Be sure you have clicked “Watch” at the top of this page.

NonnaandPop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As clear and simple directions have been laid out it’s also difficult for others to know what you’re doing wrong. I got an email notice that you replied to this thread.

Have you checked your Junk mail to see if the notifications are going there? Have you clicked on the tab to “Watch” this thread?

TUG has so much more information to offer with regards to MVC ownership besides this thread. Just look at the range of topics in the other threads. Now that you’ve found TUG it would be a waste to delete your account. As you are at Guest status I suspect your membership is free. Therefore any help you receive is freely given from others. Please try to keep this in mind.

Please check your Junk folder in you mail account. Be sure you have clicked “Watch” at the top of this page.
there no messages in my spam folder. Also there three rectangles at the top of this page jump to new, ignore, unwatch. I do get replies to my questions but none other.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
there no messages in my spam folder. Also there three rectangles at the top of this page jump to new, ignore, unwatch. I do get replies to my questions but none other.

Click Unwatch. Then click back on Watch. Make sure to check the pop up “with email notifications “

NonnaandPop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Click Unwatch. Then click back on Watch. Make sure to check the pop up “with email notifications “
ok got watch on but not Sure where to check pop up with email notifications

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
ok got watch on but not Sure where to check pop up with email notifications
When you click on the Watch button in the top right of this thread, you get this popup. Make sure you check the first option, then click the Watch button.
1607885137143.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
stay wasnt exactly ideal...we wound up leaving early...but this was more due to our kids than anything else. have typed up a lengthy review and will post shortly....but ill share this pic.

you truly dont appreciate all the childproofing you did to your own home until you stay somewhere that has zero childproofing!

Attachments

• mopchildproof.jpg
    mopchildproof.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 25

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
We are at Ocean pointe for 2 weeks in January for the first time and currently at Oceana Palms - also first time. Would appreciate suggestions for favorite restaurants that are moderately priced - seafood, Greek, Asian, Latin, Mexican - we love all types of food.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
enjoyed johnny longboats....seemed a very popular place with both inside and outside seating less than a mile up the road from the resort. they even had a handmade pizza/italian kitchen right next door if you were hankering for that.

also ate at two drunken goats... it seemed like more of a bar than a restaurant but they had advertised breakfast so we gave it a shot. not terribly impressed and would not suggest.