• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
There is a stretch class as well 2 aqua fit classes weekday mornings. The Tiki Bar and market are open. The gyms are open near the Pompano and Kingfish buildings. The hot tubs are also open. Lounges poolside are spaced and sanitized often. There are sanitizer dispensers near the elevators in each building and sanitary wipes in the garage near the valet carts. The barbecues are available, but no utensils.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestions; Utilize your outside deck as much as possible, keep your mask on wherever possible when outside your Villa while on the property (sitting and lying down), stay out of the hot tubs (person hygiene suggestion), and do not use the elevators (use stairways instead). Basically, good common sense steps to protect yourself.

At this point, I just use the assumption that most folks have not had the Vaccine yet so you need to make good decisions to protect yourself and your family.

NonnaandPop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Point, The Quarters OC MD
We have bee here since Jan. 29 and feel very comfortable with all the precautions that are taking place. Miss all the socials and activities but understand and agree that they have been put on hold. Will be here another 4 weeks and I must say life is great at Ocean Pointe. Just being able to walk the neighborhood, sit on the beach and enjoy the change Of weather is both physical and mental to your well being.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Hi Nonna
Is the gym open there? Do they have a peloton bike or at least a stationary bike there? We’re coming in April.
Glad to hear things are well and pretty “normal” there.

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Hi Nonna
Is the gym open there? Do they have a peloton bike or at least a stationary bike there? We’re coming in April.
Glad to hear things are well and pretty “normal” there.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi, Brian. Both the gyms were open when we were there in January. They have a stationary Life Fitness bike in the main gym and two Pelotons (one turned off for social distancing) in the Kingfish building. Fairly light use of the gyms when we where there.

We're headed down to Florida for a month (Orlando) and I'm bringing down my bike and trainer so I don't have to deal with it, and maybe to get some outside rides in.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Jmh, thanks for the info...that’s good to hear. The thought of being off my Peloton for a week was concerning. I will bring my bike shoes with me.

Nice that you are bringing your bike to Orlando for your upcoming trip. I was just thinking about riding a bike around Singer Island and what a challenge riding over the Blue Herron bridge would be!
Thanks again and be safe!
Brian

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Marriott Ocean Pointe x3, Platinum Marriott Grand Vista
Hello Ocean Pointe lovers!
1f60d.png
1f49d.png

We will be checking in Friday the 19th. Last year we left 4 beautiful beach chairs and an umbrella to ”pay it forward”.
IF by any chance they are still making the rounds through owners... we would love two of them! Only one week this year for us with being full time Nonni-Care
1f970.png
... a quick thaw
1f976.png
... then we will pass them on again! thank you!

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[MERGED]

Hey fellow OPers - Susan and I will arrive at OP in late January and will hang around until early April, and we will again "host" OP owners and guests at weekly no-host cocktail parties at the Kingfish. This will be our 6th year doing this, I believe, and we've had as many as 30 folks attend, so the more the merrier. We begin at 5 pm every Thursday. Everyone brings snacks that are shared with other attendees, and everyone brings their own drinks. The pool bar is usually open until 6 so you can get cups and ice there, and drinks/food as well, until they close. Of course the bar may not be open due to the COVID situation, so we'll play that by ear. Also, because of the virus, we'll have to adjust the seating to keep everyone safe. Hey, we'll give it a shot and see what happens. As always, we will provide name tags to protect the innocent. See you in January! And please stay safe! Will send additional reminders out as time goes by.
Hello! is there still meetings on Thursdays?! ... i shared with another owner who looked for you this past week, but could not locate the group. We are coming in the week of 19-26... hoping to gather with you all!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! is there still meetings on Thursdays?! ... i shared with another owner who looked for you this past week, but could not locate the group. We are coming in the week of 19-26... hoping to gather with you all!

Because of the ongoing Covid situation I believe the meetings have been suspended. Hopefully they will resume in 2022 or 2023.....

Love to Getaway

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked Brian if we could have a thread to replace the Yahoo group "Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners" https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OPnewsgroup/info which will be shut down on 12/15. He said there was no problem with this.

The Yahoo group for OP owners has been a terrific opportunity to develop a sense of "community" amongst the owners. Here's hoping that community continues and grows from this thread. Therefore, this is the beginning of a new chapter for Owners and visitors to Ocean Pointe. As the Marriott forum here on TUG encompasses a wide range of topics, this particular thread may simply incorporate popular topics on the OPnewsgroup, i.e., hurricane/storm warnings and damage, COA issues, social gatherings, personnel changes, loans/exchange of beach chairs, etc.

TUG has so much more to offer the Owners at OP than we could provide on the Yahoo website. To copy off a MI grocer's motto, it's "one stop shopping".

So please welcome and take advantage of this new thread.
Not sure how to sign up/in. We are OP owners and would love to be part of this group. Thanks!

washjeff68

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no Thursday meetings. Last night a family group of 12 gathered the new tables and had dinner by the grills.
Mary VanHynng

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
Is there a 99 year term for weeks' ownership?

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE
This pertains to my previous post and I apologize if my question is unclear. I will rephrase it. At Marriott Ocean Pointe are deeded weeks in perpetuity or is there a sunset clause?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This pertains to my previous post and I apologize if my question is unclear. I will rephrase it. At Marriott Ocean Pointe are deeded weeks in perpetuity or is there a sunset clause?
Sunset is in 2059. This would be on your deed.
1613860169946.png

LMOR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MARRIOTT OCEAN POINTE

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are checking in this Friday. If anyone is there now and checking out this weekend and have chairs etc to pass along please send me a message. Thank you!

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are checking in this Friday. If anyone is there now and checking out this weekend and have chairs etc to pass along please send me a message. Thank you!
We are not there now, but when we checked in mid Feb. we found chairs sitting downstairs by the elevator. they were a blessing to have for the week. Then placed them back in the same place when we left, hopefully someone used... I know thats not much help, but, maybe check there the day you check in?

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points
Sunset is in 2059. This would be on your deed.
View attachment 32588
I'm guessing that this means you lose your legacy week in 2059? Whatever happened to all those sales presentations that said that you owned it and you can pass it on to your grandkids? So disappointing.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm guessing that this means you lose your legacy week in 2059? Whatever happened to all those sales presentations that said that you owned it and you can pass it on to your grandkids? So disappointing.
"Unless extended". We don't really know what would happen in 2059. It could be extended, or they could sunset and devide up the proceeds of a sale between the remaining owners.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Was this 2059 info in the very, very small print of the papers we signed when we bought our Timeshare units? No sales person every said we didn't own into perpetuity to be passed along to the next generations.

foretravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Hello fellow OPers--
Our lone platinum week at MOP was purchased when only Sailfish was standing. Decades later, we are considering adding some resale weeks as we move closer to retirement. We bought at a young age and have enjoyed every visit to PBS including a couple weeks at the resort in February 2021. Very few years have been skipped and that is our intent moving forward. We know many platinum snowbird owners stay for extended periods during the winter. Do you have any advice as to what works best? Do you lock off and split time in both halves? Or do you book a full unit for consecutive weeks and rent the lock off to cover a nice chunk of the MF when you do not have guests? Is this whole strategy becoming less viable as MF's continue to escalate? We are also curious about Marriott's ROFR patterns at MOP. It looks like platinum prices around $6k for ocean side and $9k for ocean front are moving forward. We have stayed at other MVCI properties but really don't trade and have not considered converting our week to the points program. Is this a mistake? Thank you for your thoughts.

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello fellow OPers--
Our lone platinum week at MOP was purchased when only Sailfish was standing. Decades later, we are considering adding some resale weeks as we move closer to retirement. We bought at a young age and have enjoyed every visit to PBS including a couple weeks at the resort in February 2021. Very few years have been skipped and that is our intent moving forward. We know many platinum snowbird owners stay for extended periods during the winter. Do you have any advice as to what works best? Do you lock off and split time in both halves? Or do you book a full unit for consecutive weeks and rent the lock off to cover a nice chunk of the MF when you do not have guests? Is this whole strategy becoming less viable as MF's continue to escalate? We are also curious about Marriott's ROFR patterns at MOP. It looks like platinum prices around $6k for ocean side and $9k for ocean front are moving forward. We have stayed at other MVCI properties but really don't trade and have not considered converting our week to the points program. Is this a mistake? Thank you for your thoughts.
What a wonderful retirement plan! ... we know from experience hehehehe
we did the same.
We lock off and book all our weeks consecutively. We were only using the 1 month of 1 bedroom ocean sides.
Renting out our Studio, unless family and freinds planned to join us.
Our plan eventually was to line up 4 studio weeks, then the 4 one bedrooms for a total of 8 week stay...
(as you probably know, many retirees stay much longer than that!)
For us, new grand babies changed all of that , at least for the next few years.
On another note...Amazing how low the 2 bedroom Platinums are selling off market!
Marriott ‘may’ buy back (aka steal the transaction from you). They are desperately trying to remove the Ownership Weeks (Legacy weeks) from the market.
A couple need to knows...
-you can not enroll the weeks and/or transfer to trust points
-because of this, you will also be charged a lock-off fee.
Both well worth it when we are using them the way we do, and sounds like you plan to do as well
Happy travels and retirement!

Last edited:

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points
Was this 2059 info in the very, very small print of the papers we signed when we bought our Timeshare units? No sales person every said we didn't own into perpetuity to be passed along to the next generations.
dioxide45
Posted it's in your deed, (not all that paper they give you, or if it is I couldn't find it. After his further explanation it doesn't sound that dire.)

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Unless extended". We don't really know what would happen in 2059. It could be extended, or they could sunset and devide up the proceeds of a sale between the remaining owners.
Thanks!