• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
I am sorry to hear you are having these issues, but prior to selling I would suggest you trying your Silver ownership weeks in the fall. I have never experienced issues during the fall (Silver) and winter (Platinum) seasons.

Also, consider using your weeks to trade into other Marriott Resorts as you own some strong traders. You could go to Marco Island or Hilton Head as an alternative.......

I too miss Cheryl (as do many others) however changes can and do occur. In March I would see Andy walking around every day of the week and would say hello each time.

Thank you

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a week at MPB and had a great time (9th year in a row).

We always (except 2020) go in May and it was not nearly as laid back as normal. It was much harder to get a chair and was more crowded than usual. I hope this is an aberration as I like the more laid back May vibe- but I think people are so wanting to go somewhere after surviving 2020.

We tried Guanabanas restaurant in Jupiter for the first time and loved the atmosphere. Captain Charlies in Juno for lunch is our favorite. We did not make it to Food Shack this year but it is great also.

Very different year. We also have never seen so many people driving 90+ MPH on I-75. The turnpike was too busy for as much of that.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We just got back from a week at MPB and had a great time (9th year in a row).

We always (except 2020) go in May and it was not nearly as laid back as normal. It was much harder to get a chair and was more crowded than usual. I hope this is an aberration as I like the more laid back May vibe- but I think people are so wanting to go somewhere after surviving 2020.

We tried Guanabanas restaurant in Jupiter for the first time and loved the atmosphere. Captain Charlies in Juno for lunch is our favorite. We did not make it to Food Shack this year but it is great also.

Very different year. We also have never seen so many people driving 90+ MPH on I-75. The turnpike was too busy for as much of that.
We're headed there in three days. :banana: What is the overall chair situation? Not so much the usual hoggers as that happens, but the volume of chairs? When we were there in January it was tough to get a chair even with lower occupancy because of the social-distancing thing. Is the pool bar open with seating at the bar or still just at the tables?

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are not as many chairs as there used to be, which is the problem when you have a lot of people there.

The pool bar is open but you cannot sit at it - it is still the walk up order line and a few extra tables on the perimeter - and they do have servers.

They are doing the fitness classes but there is a limit to 40 for aqua aerobics. You have to text the morning before to get signed up.

The gym still requires a mask and it is not good to excercise with a mask on so we did not use it - that was dissapointing.

Have a great time !

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
There are not as many chairs as there used to be, which is the problem when you have a lot of people there.

The pool bar is open but you cannot sit at it - it is still the walk up order line and a few extra tables on the perimeter - and they do have servers.

They are doing the fitness classes but there is a limit to 40 for aqua aerobics. You have to text the morning before to get signed up.

The gym still requires a mask and it is not good to excercise with a mask on so we did not use it - that was dissapointing.

Have a great time !
Dolphin pool has new chairs. I think with the removal of the cabanas the chair access has improved at both pools

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Update for Ocean Pointe...as of this morning, there are no masks required of guests anywhere at the resort. Bar seating is available at On The Rocks. Staff is still wearing masks and we are too when interacting with them indoors. A few guests are wearing them outside.

96-97% occupancy according to our bartender. We just got here a couple of hours ago...I'll post some more updates as the week goes.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Update for Ocean Pointe...as of this morning, there are no masks required of guests anywhere at the resort. Bar seating is available at On The Rocks. Staff is still wearing masks and we are too when interacting with them indoors. A few guests are wearing them outside.

96-97% occupancy according to our bartender. We just got here a couple of hours ago...I'll post some more updates as the week goes.
we just returned yesterday from Oceana Palms..and will be staying at Ocean Pointe late October early November…Thanks for the update.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)

So an update...waited until Monday to account for the comings and goings.

First and foremost: people are being very considerate of each other, some make wearers, some not, not a big deal either way. Elevator protocol is whatever people are comfortable with. It was nice to chat with the bartenders (Sara/Jennifer/Alex). They're still wearing masks. No restrictions in the gym though some machines are still closed. For you Peloton cult members :), there is one in each gym and both are open.

Chair hoarding doesn't seem too bad, though it's the end of May and not March, right? If you're down there by 9 / 9:30 you'll be all set. I can't believe people show up at 12:30 and wonder why they can't get lounge chairs.

I had to be the old man shouting at clouds last night, and called security to report really bad karioke singing on the balcony below us at about 10:45 after about a half hour of it. Does security here even walk around the grounds at night, or just chill in the Sailfish buidling? I was just surprised it went on that long.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Thanks for your update. Nice to know it is a mostly good experience. Hoping there is some improvement by March. The loud noise (singing???) should be addressed by security. During the height of the season Security isn't very visible at night except when parking is a problem! Enjoy your stay.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Jmh,
Thanks for the update. I was there in April and wearing a mask (enforced) while riding the Peloton was rough. I wonder if they ever were able to fix the seat of the Peloton bike in the Cobia fitness center. Using it while I was there, the seat kept sliding down while riding as the tightening lever was somehow stripped and unable to tighten it enough to hold. I reported it to maintenance twice and they were unable to fix it.
Enjoy your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
we just returned yesterday from Oceana Palms..and will be staying at Ocean Pointe late October early November…Thanks for the update.
How was Oceana Palms? Bar open, mask requirements? Heading there first week of July, cant wait. I miss that place.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
How was Oceana Palms? Bar open, mask requirements? Heading there first week of July, cant wait. I miss that place.
Neither my wife or i drink,but i did notice a few people had drinks around the pool...so the bar was definitely open...mask requirements were, when you were inside the resort you had to wear a mask...though towards the end of our stay i did notice a more people were going maskless inside...as far as outside,around the pool i would say 80 percent of people were not wearing a mask...we felt very very safe on the property...as far as the resort....Oceana Palms was beautiful...we had an 11th floor unit in the tower closest to the beach..the unit was facing the Amrit Tower next store but it appeared most of the work was going on inside..so it wasnt a problem at all..the weather was pretty good all week..temps in the low 80's...water was very very clear, but unfortunately, the wind was really strong all week...riptide warnings on the beach all week...plus the seaweed was piling up on the beach ...because of the nesting turtles and since its a private beach, they said they could not remove the seaweed...anyway...we loved Oceana Palms and the surrounding area...service and staff was very good...we took a ride over to Ocean Pointe one day and we really liked the vibe at Ocean Pointe, so we decided to cancel our week at the Aruba Surf Club for late October..early November...and we booked a 2BR 2BATH unit at Ocean Pointe....:)

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
gln60,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and the resort and staff are still just as great as I remember! I bet masking will be similar when we get there in July. My family loves this beach trip every summer.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We checked out yesterday after a great beach week. Sunny every single day. The place was packed when we left. They are still limiting capacity on the workout activities and some of the cardio equipment is blocked off. @Luvtoride, the Peloton in the Cobia gym is fixed. We're now at Cypress Harbour to brave the Universal crowds tomorrow.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
We checked out yesterday after a great beach week. Sunny every single day. The place was packed when we left. They are still limiting capacity on the workout activities and some of the cardio equipment is blocked off. @Luvtoride, the Peloton in the Cobia gym is fixed. We're now at Cypress Harbour to brave the Universal crowds tomorrow.

Thanks Jmh, have a great rest of your trip now that the “relaxing” part is over and went well!
Enjoy.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Hi..glad you had a great time…..we will be at Ocean point in late October…early November…isn’t there a gym in the Pompano building?

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW and I are spending Sunday night (a week from Today) at Ocean Pointe. Can you recommend a restaurant. Not sure if there is a good restaurant that we can walk to. If not, we don't mind driving to one. Thank you

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
The nicest restaurant to walk to is Sailfish at the Marina. Good food and view of the inlet.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jmh, have a great rest of your trip now that the “relaxing” part is over and went well!
Enjoy.

That fix on the Peleton seat must not have lasted long because the seat keep sinking while I was riding, just checked out yesterday. I kept trying to tighten the screw handle more, but its stripped or something and wouldn't tighten.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Jwalk,
Sorry to hear. That’s too bad as it’s a great amenity that they have the bike there.
I guess if you don’t mind doing 30 minute jogging/ running rides it can work .
I think they need to get Peloton there to fix it.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the current number for ROFR? I can’t find it on the chart in the other Sticky.

Oop... for 3 bd. OF

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the current number for ROFR? I can’t find it on the chart in the other Sticky.

Oop... for 3 bd. OF

I figured it out and got my info.

However, if anyone has made it through a ROFR for 3 bdrm at OP in the past couple months I’d appreciate your input.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I figured it out and got my info.

However, if anyone has made it through a ROFR for 3 bdrm at OP in the past couple months I’d appreciate your input.
The last 3BR Plat Ocean Pointe reported on ROFR.net failed at $9K back in February.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Wondering are you selling?