• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - View from the Balcony

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Ko Olina a few weeks ago and did not have a great view. I was there on an Interval exchange and not going to complain too much since we had a 2 BR unit (used a Marriott studio deposit for the trade). But it has been noted elsewhere (@frank808) that rooms were sold as either Mountain or Ocean View. This unit had neither - Naia Tower, room #30233 (rock wall and vegetation behind the pool/slide area). :(

naia2.jpg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Unit is designated Mountain View.

You got a close up view of those mountain rocks !

Could have been worse with 1st floor Moana tower. That room looks straight out at a coral rock wall.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Naia 30425 tonight's sunset.
ca85ff23f4f67a63cb6846dba83b3a22.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NJVacation61

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people have been telling me that the rooms are looking tired, outdated and even dirty. Has this been your experience?
I just got back from Surf Club and our 2 bedroom unit (Spyglass 3rd Floor) did feel a bit outdated. I also found the lock off unit (studio) to be the smallest lock off unit of any of the Marriott properties we have been to. We were at Aruba Ocean Club 18 months ago and I believe all of their units have recently been refurbished and the beach and pool chairs all are new there so I would probably choose OC over SC in the future as our kids are older and we didn't spend much time at the Lazy River or Pools. We still had a great time at SC as the property itself is beautiful. I will defer to @Dean though as maybe some of the units have been refurbished at SC? Also it was my son who Dean gifted the Ocean Club week to so we are forever grateful to him for his generosity. If there is a Tugger of the Year Award, he is my nominee!

I did not take a pic at Surf Club as our view was just of the pool but posting a few pics from recent trips.

Marriott Crystal Shores Osprey Building 6th Floor
thumbnail-IMG-1579.jpg

Marriott BeachPlace Towers 9th Floor
GetAttachmentThumbnail
beachplace.jpg

Marriott Newport Coast Villas (apologies on my beer being in the pic)
newport.jpg

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Hey gln60.........been anywhere lately? :)

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also exchanged a second unit for friends to join us on this trip. The interval code on this exchange was for an oceanview room but I requested we be together- and they accommodated with an oceanfront unit for them too!!

Conch 1077 (oceanfront corner)

1685458318984.jpeg

1685458337024.jpeg

1685458350073.jpeg