• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Newport Coast Villas. Good deal? [Merged]

CourtShorr

Reaction score
We put in an offer of 7650.00 for a high floating annual week at Marriott NCV tonight. It has a week booked in June (we'll also pay maintenance fee for that).

Does that seem like a good (average) going price for that resort?

CourtShorr

Reaction score
We just put an offer in on a Floating platinum (high) season annual week at NCV for 7650.00. (2B2B) (They also currently have a week booked in June, so we pay maintenance fee for that too).

Does that seem like a good average going rate? We were told it is the low side of average for this resort in the resale market, but you know salesmen.... they say things that aren't always totally true. I'm just curious if we should pull our offer and wait for a better price.

Can anyone offer advice on this?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
If you look at rofr.net you can see some transactions for the past few years. The last one to clear ROFR for a platinum week was about a year ago @$7800.

Marriott seems to be ROFR'ing a lot right now, so good luck with your transaction. :clap:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a good deal as long as your not paying $1000 for closing. If you're paying around $8k all-in then that is a good deal. I do think it will pass Marriott Right of First Refusal at that point also. It's great that you got a good week to hopefully either use or rent because getting a great price is watered down if you get stuck with a bad 1 year usage that you can't use or rent. Then your great price isn't so great.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We put in an offer of 7650.00 for a high floating annual week at Marriott NCV tonight. It has a week booked in June (we'll also pay maintenance fee for that).

Does that seem like a good (average) going price for that resort?

I checked the ROFR Data Base and found that a NCV passed on 1/2/2019 @ $7,800.

However, Marriott appears to be much more active this year than last (in taking ROFR weeks) so I am not sure whether this will pass or not.

Keep us posted and best of luck!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase, enjoy the week booked for June. Unless you are a multi-week owner with priority booking, summer weeks are tough to land. Just know this going in.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Since June is both Gold and Plat season I can't tell from the info which you're buying.

$7600 for a platinum week is a good deal BUT if it is a gold week then $7600 is about $2000 to much.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
If you purchase, enjoy the week booked for June. Unless you are a multi-week owner with priority booking, summer weeks are tough to land. Just know this going in.

I am a teacher and definitely would prefer summer months, so I hope I can work that out.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Since June is both Gold and Plat season I can't tell from the info which you're buying.

$7600 for a platinum week is a good deal BUT if it is a gold week then $7600 is about $2000 to much.

Ours was listed as a floating platinum (high) season week.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
That is a good deal as long as your not paying $1000 for closing. If you're paying around $8k all-in then that is a good deal. I do think it will pass Marriott Right of First Refusal at that point also. It's great that you got a good week to hopefully either use or rent because getting a great price is watered down if you get stuck with a bad 1 year usage that you can't use or rent. Then your great price isn't so great.

Thank you! If we aren't able to use the June week that it comes with, do you know if it's possible to move it back to say, October?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! If we aren't able to use the June week that it comes with, do you know if it's possible to move it back to say, October?
yes you can as long as you have the unit in your account 60 days before the check-in date when date changes are allowed until. Normally there is a $40 date change fee but I would imagine they would waive if you told them you acquired the date with your purchase.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
yes you can as long as you have the unit in your account 60 days before the check-in date when date changes are allowed until. Normally there is a $40 date change fee but I would imagine they would waive if you told them you acquired the date with your purchase.

Fantastic, thank you!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

If you find that you can’t use the week in June ask the current owner to change the reservation to a date you can use. We did that when we purchased a resale unit and it worked out well. I hope it passes ROFR. It’s a great resort.

Best regards.

Mike

CourtShorr

Reaction score
If you find that you can’t use the week in June ask the current owner to change the reservation to a date you can use. We did that when we purchased a resale unit and it worked out well. I hope it passes ROFR. It’s a great resort.

Best regards.

Mike

Thank you. I will check into that.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would wait until it hopefully passes ROFU then ask the owner to try to get a better week. I’d ask now to be sure they’ll work with you. Some won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill4728

Reaction score
Platinum owners at NCV can easily reserve weeks in Oct-Dec The trouble they have is reserving in Summer ( late June- early Sept) because there is a lot of demand for those summer weeks.

jrg7376

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach, Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Lakeshore Reserve, Grande Vista, Maui Ocean Club-Molokai
Have not been following the resale & ROFR data. Please define NCV and where do you find the ROFR database? thanks.

jrg7376

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach, Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Lakeshore Reserve, Grande Vista, Maui Ocean Club-Molokai
OOPS! Found the database--now confused with terminology! "passed" means Marriott did NOT take up their right to purchase? Failed means Marriott did exercise their right to purchase? Thanks for educating me.

Still not clear on NCV meaning.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
OOPS! Found the database--now confused with terminology! "passed" means Marriott did NOT take up their right to purchase? Failed means Marriott did exercise their right to purchase? Thanks for educating me.

Still not clear on NCV meaning.

Yes, you are correct in reading it and interpreting it as you have.

NCV stands for Marriott's Newport Coast Villas.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Platinum owners at NCV can easily reserve weeks in Oct-Dec The trouble they have is reserving in Summer ( late June- early Sept) because there is a lot of demand for those summer weeks.
How can I increase my odds of getting summer weeks? Just buy more weeks?