• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ko'Olina visit this summer

tshd

Reaction score
To be fair, I do find it problematic that when I book at KBC using my DC points, the confirmation email from Marriott does state that there is a parking fee, even though the reservation acknowledges that I am staying using DC points. I realize that it is a glitch from using the Marriott reservation site and not a site specifically dedicated to MVC. If I didn't stay at the property regularly, I might figure that this was accurate information. Notice that I didn't say "assume", because sometimes you just want to take things at face value and shouldn't always have to double check that the information you are given is accurate. But being type A, the first time I saw that, I did call the resort directly to verify that the parking fee information on the reservations was not applicable to me booking with DC points. I suppose the front desk clerk should have gone the extra distance to clarify when the OP grumbled about it at C/I. But I'm also sure it was probably easier not to engage the type of person who was already grumpy on arrival in paradise, especially when they weren't impacted, because they didn't have a car to park anyway. This just means that reservations will be easier to get for those who don't see his cons as real issues.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Never paid for parking in all our stays at MKO as an exchanger via II.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I can't imagine how much it would cost you if you were paying for parking!

PeteBob

Reaction score

Post #3 for those who count. :)

Forgive me if I am unable to respond immediately. I was off the grid for some time. FWIW, I used DC points at Ko'Olina. I asked about the parking fee at the front desk during check in, they confirmed that I would have had to pay the daily parking fee. Maybe this miss understood the question.

I apprecaite the feedback and for my next trip, I'll call to confirm the parking is waived for owners.

PeteBob

Reaction score
These are interesting comments by the OP. With all the back and forth use of Uber and inconvenience I have to wonder about saving money. Having to use the onsite store was a byproduct of not having a car. My full size car for eight days cost $290 (Hertz thru Autoslash) and as an owner parked for free. When I divide my cost per day for the rental car vs. Uber (and being stranded most days) one has to struggle understanding the OP's complaint, but look again it should not be toward Marriott!

To follow up.... I had no trouble getting an Uber (airport, Costco, wet n wild, Walmart, etc). I never felt "stranded". But having a car full time would have been preferred.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Post #3 for those who count. :)

Forgive me if I am unable to respond immediately. I was off the grid for some time. FWIW, I used DC points at Ko'Olina. I asked about the parking fee at the front desk during check in, they confirmed that I would have had to pay the daily parking fee. Maybe this miss understood the question.

I apprecaite the feedback and for my next trip, I'll call to confirm the parking is waived for owners.
Now you know that there is no parking charges unless you rent from Marriott.com or on an encore package.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The inherent problem is that Marriott sends out their stupid reservation confirmations from MARSHA. They really have little bearing on a MVC stay. Of course we all clamour to add our MR numbers to the reservation then we see those generic notices about parking or resort fees and get confused. There must be a way for Marriott International to adjust the language on the confirmation emails and online for a MVC booking. Of course, we only make up a tiny percentage of the overall reservation volume and they can't get their system or integration right, so our expectations are low...

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
There must be a way for Marriott International to adjust the language on the confirmation emails and online for a MVC booking.

You're expecting Marriott IT to do something right?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You're expecting Marriott IT to do something right?
I am not expecting it at all. It would be nice, but expectations with Marriott and many other companies IT to get things right are very low.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FYI...We were on a presentation promo stay and parking was free.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI...We were on a presentation promo stay and parking was free.
That is a good surprise. I remember when I did a presentation 6 or so years ago at MKO. The encore paperwork specifically mentioned parking was not included. Maybe that has changed recently?

Will see if they invite me to a presentation next week Sat when I get back to MKO. Maybe since I bought some trust points I am now eligible?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Is the encore stay the return promo stay they offer you if you don't buy at a presentation? ? This was a postcard in the mail offering 4 or 5 nights for a discounted price. We never had an MVC preso before. It was a perfect add-on to a stay we had booked at HHV.