• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Bonvoy Double Elite Night Credit on Owner Stays

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I commented on another thread that I called Marriott Bonvoy specifically to ask about the Bonvoy Double Elite Night Credit Promotion prior to our recent 8-night owner stay at WKORV and was told that in their T&C all references to MVC refers to all of the timeshare properties (including Vistana, WVC, SVC) since they are all owned by MVC now. I was told this stay would not qualify for the double elite night credits. My TUGBBS comment generated some responses stating this was incorrect, that there were some other Westin Owners who did receive double elite nights for their stays, and that the T&C for this promotion are ambiguous because stating "MVC" does not mean it covers all of the timeshares specifically. I did a Missing Stay Request pushing this logic but the response was that I received the 8 night credit I was due. I called Vistana, but they could not answer if the double nights should have been received or not, referring me back to Bonvoy. I also DM'd Marriott Bonvoy Assist and was told my "...booking was completed through a contracted rate/travel industry, which does not qualify for the promotion."

Two questions: Has anyone else received double elite night credit for their owner stay during this promotion, and/or were you able to successfully appeal and receive the double elite night credit? Any other suggestions for making a successful appeal to Marriott Bonvoy about this?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I commented on another thread that I called Marriott Bonvoy specifically to ask about the Bonvoy Double Elite Night Credit Promotion prior to our recent 8-night owner stay at WKORV and was told that in their T&C all references to MVC refers to all of the timeshare properties (including Vistana, WVC, SVC) since they are all owned by MVC now. I was told this stay would not qualify for the double elite night credits. My TUGBBS comment generated some responses stating this was incorrect, that there were some other Westin Owners who did receive double elite nights for their stays, and that the T&C for this promotion are ambiguous because stating "MVC" does not mean it covers all of the timeshares specifically. I did a Missing Stay Request pushing this logic but the response was that I received the 8 night credit I was due. I called Vistana, but they could not answer if the double nights should have been received or not, referring me back to Bonvoy. I also DM'd Marriott Bonvoy Assist and was told my "...booking was completed through a contracted rate/travel industry, which does not qualify for the promotion."

Two questions: Has anyone else received double elite night credit for their owner stay during this promotion, and/or were you able to successfully appeal and receive the double elite night credit? Any other suggestions for making a successful appeal to Marriott Bonvoy about this?

A search of other threads will show several members have received the double credit. For those who did not receive the double credit I believe 100% of them have failed in their appeals. Therefore YMMV.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I had 7 days at WKORV and am having a hard time just getting the 7 nights credited to my account. Made sure at check in that MR number was put on reservation. Two weeks later and still no credit. Had to do a missing stay request and sent in statement for out stay. Now rep says that it will be forwarded to the missing stay dept to handle and it will take 5 more business days. No mention of getting double night credits. Am having trouble just getting the standard night credit.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
I am in the exact same boat as Frank808. I recently came back from nine eights at WLR, I made sure my Bonvoy number was on the reservation and nothing has been credited. I will be filing a missing stay form today. My brother had his own reservation/room, immediately received regular points and single nights for the stay

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I had 7 days at WKORV and am having a hard time just getting the 7 nights credited to my account. Made sure at check in that MR number was put on reservation. Two weeks later and still no credit. Had to do a missing stay request and sent in statement for out stay. Now rep says that it will be forwarded to the missing stay dept to handle and it will take 5 more business days. No mention of getting double night credits. Am having trouble just getting the standard night credit.

Odd that you and I were there at the same time and I got double nights for my 4 night stay.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I am in the exact same boat as Frank808. I recently came back from nine eights at WLR, I made sure my Bonvoy number was on the reservation and nothing has been credited. I will be filing a missing stay form today. My brother had his own reservation/room, immediately received regular points and single nights for the stay
I got ONE night for a 7-night Interval stay at WLR. A call to the resort fixed it.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a 7 night stay at WDW and did not get double credit. Filed an appeal w/Bonvoy and it was denied.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
We were at WDW 4/10-4/17, I keep on checking to see if the nights would post, and nothing happened for 4 days...So I figure I'd have to wait the full 10 days to do a missing stay request...
Txt the resort to have them send me the latest portfolio...when I got the email, it had all the charges / stay / Bonvoy number correct, but the NAME on the stay was someone else!!!
What makes matter more confusing was I did eventually find the original email upon check out and it had MY name...I have no idea what they are doing and at this point I am just hoping for the 7 night standard credit to post...

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
I did not get double nights on my stay at Los Cabos, but I did get ONE EXTRA night. Not going to say anything at this point.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see how having MVC as not a qualifying stay could possibly cover Vistana stays stays as they are distinct 'clubs' operated by MVW, Marriott Vacations Worldwide. They do not exclude Vistana or their respective clubs, Sheraton and Westin.
10d785b294f98d1dd3e69593a5bdde7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I mentioned this in the other thread too. If you get the nights credited automatically, the double nights seem to post. If they stay doesn't post automatically, chances are slim you won't get the double night credit. I also mentioned before, don't push it too far or complain too much because come next time, they will be sure to fix what is either the system or policy issue that is allowing the double night credit and even those that get the double nights automatically now won't get the benefits in future promotions. Be careful what you ask for.

The restrictions on these types of promotions for MVC aren't just limited to double nights promos. They have had these restrictions on every seasonal promotion that Marriott has ever offered and it was very rare if ever that I saw where a MCV stay got the bonuses of these promos. MVC stays have simply never qualified. Right now there seems to be an oversight and/or system issue that is not able to catch SVC and WVC stays and prevent the double nights.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The reason I suspect the double nights post automatically is in how Marriott segregates the brands. MVC is a separate brand in the Marriott system. However, Marriott treats the Westin and Sheraton Vacation Club properties as simply Sheraton and Westin hotel & resort properties in their system. See this image from Marriott.com related to Bonvoy. You won't find SVC or WVC broken out separately but MVC is;
1619277657841.png

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
I received the bonus nights at Westin Kaanapali but not at Westin St John. I did not push back on not getting the St John extra, but strange that I didn't get them there when my home ownership is actually at Kaanapali.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the regular night stay credit 3 days after checkout on an owner occupied stay at WKORVN. Today is 7 days after checkout and no double points yet. I'm not planning on requesting the missing points as I am beyond 75 nights, Lifetime Titanium and will never spend enough $ for Ambassador status.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I don't see how having MVC as not a qualifying stay could possibly cover Vistana stays stays as they are distinct 'clubs' operated by MVW, Marriott Vacations Worldwide. They do not exclude Vistana or their respective clubs, Sheraton and Westin.
10d785b294f98d1dd3e69593a5bdde7a.jpg

Referring back to my original entry in this string, I called Marriott Bonvoy prior to our WKORV stay Mar28-Apr5 to ask if the stay would qualify for the double elite night credit promotion and was told no, because the T&C reference to MVC applied to all of the timeshare properties. That is what I was told going into this.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I mentioned this in the other thread too. If you get the nights credited automatically, the double nights seem to post. If they stay doesn't post automatically, chances are slim you won't get the double night credit. I also mentioned before, don't push it too far or complain too much because come next time, they will be sure to fix what is either the system or policy issue that is allowing the double night credit and even those that get the double nights automatically now won't get the benefits in future promotions. Be careful what you ask for.

The restrictions on these types of promotions for MVC aren't just limited to double nights promos. They have had these restrictions on every seasonal promotion that Marriott has ever offered and it was very rare if ever that I saw where a MCV stay got the bonuses of these promos. MVC stays have simply never qualified. Right now there seems to be an oversight and/or system issue that is not able to catch SVC and WVC stays and prevent the double nights.
The regular elite night credits for our stay posted in my Bonvoy account within three days with no issues. As I explained above, I had no expectation of receiving the double elite night bonus. It was only after posting a similar comment to my one above on a different thread that I saw a number of other owners indicating they had received the double credit, and that what I was told by Bonvoy was not correct. This is when I attempted to appeal to Bonvoy about this.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Here is the official reply I received to a DM with Marriott Bonvoy Assist on Twitter: “...the rate used to book this stay is not eligible towards the promotion. Please note that owners' occupied rate are not eligible toward this promotion, as they're booked through a third party. Vistana and the programs and products it provides are not owned, developed, or sold by Marriott or its affiliates. We hope this clarifies.” I had also been recommended in a call to Bonvoy to contact Vistana to ask about this. Thought that was futile, but did connect with a Vistana management level customer support person (extremely nice and helpful) and she asked around her other supervisors and claimed no one in the Vistana office where she was had heard any owner feedback about this issue one way or the other.
Anyway, I’m leaving this here and accepting, as I did all along, that I was not going to get the double elite night credit. But still amazing that there are still issues in Marriott Bonvoy with how points and elite night credits post and get recognized. Maybe because we are relatively new owners with 100% of our ownership in Westin Flex vs. people who are just traditional week owners? Another “Bonvoyed” moment? Who knows, but I’m moving on, and congratulate those owners who did receive the double elite nights!