• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luck with AC's

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

What resort have others received with their AC from II? I received an AC for depositing my Marriott Aruba Surf Club unit. I was just wondering what possibilities are out there for me. Everytime I put in my dates different locations come up. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Michelle

sea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The way your a/c should work is that if you're requesting travel that is 60 days or greater in the future, you'll be limited to the grid for destinations/availability.
If you're requesting travel that is 59 days or less in the future, the options open up significantly. Whatever is available during this time, should display to you, and you can book (if you have another week on deposit, you can search with this, to verify you're seeing the same availability during flexchange). I believe the trading power of any week or a/c is the same during this 'flexchange' period, although some have said that Marriott owners still get a 3 day edge over others for Marriott weeks that become available.

spottie

Reaction score
I had used an AC I got this February to book a week in Aruba Surf Club 2 bedroom for end of September. I think the exchange power of the AC is associated with the unit you deposit as well.

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used an AC from a platinum Ocean Watch deposit to exchange into a 2 bedroom unit at Aruba Ocean Club for June 2006.

Joyce

dive-in

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
I used an AC from a Marriott Waiohai Beach Club island view on a Marriott Grand Ocean for the week of Christmas this year. I think it is beachfront if I'm reading the description on the reservation correctly.

dgleason

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use of my AC's from Interval

Hi, I used my AC twice over the last five years. Went to Marriott Dessert Springs, Palm Springs, CA and Marriott Mountainside, Park City, Utah. Both were summer weeks but still had a wonderful vacation! Debbie :)

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year was a Marriott year. I used one for a 2-BR at Aruba Ocean Club (but got upgraded to an oceanfront at the new Surf Club :)) and another one for a 2-BR at Marriott Beach Place Towers.

This year was a Disney year. I used two for Old Key West, a one-BR in May (which I gave to a friend) and a 2-BR for Labor Day week, which we used (had a blast -- no crowds!).

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm using one in 2006 at the Marriott Seaview in New Jersey over Memorial Day weeked...a 2-bedroom unit.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used one from Marriott Cypress Harbour platinum to get a 2BR at Marriott Shadow Ridge for Thanksgiving week.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We use ours every year for our annual pilgramage to the Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert - we leave next Saturday.

I'm hoping to use next year's for an add on week in early January in Orlando after a cruise we're taking.

The AC was a big reason why I bought a reasonably good trading II week.

Bev

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been using our ACs for early season ski trips and have had good luck, both in terms of resorts and snow conditions. (Hyatt Mountain Lodge is by far our favorite) Trips have been as follows:

2002 Grand Timber Lodge, Breckenridge
2003 Marriott Mountainside, Park City
2004 Hyatt Mountain Lodge, Beaver Creak
2005 Hyatt High Sierra Lodge, Incline Village (Dec 2005)

Grand Timber Lodge and Mountainside were booked right at the 60 day window. But both Hyatts were booked well outside 60 days.

Gary

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great responses. Did most of you wait until the 59 day window to find your exchanges?

Thanks again.

Michelle

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with two AC's this year: used one for Westin Mission Hills 1 br in early October, and one for a 2 br Marriott Ocean Pointe Nov. 26. The 1 br cost $249, the 2 br cost $299.

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just seeing if anyone else has had any luck with these things? Also, did you wait until the 59 window to get what you wanted?

Thanks again.

Michelle

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Michelle,
Last year when they started issuing the ones with the grid, I couldn't find anything I wanted except in the 60 day period. Same goes for this year so I'll probably only be using them for flexchange from now on.

Past successes included: Marriott Grande Vista - 1 bedroom
Royal Sands - 2 bedroom

They are a great value! :)

Jan

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Watch AC

Michelle,

I put my request in for the Aruba Ocean Club a year in advance. Aruba is on the grid for the month of June, so it worked out perfectly for me.

Joyce

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
ACs are great for off season

I have used almost all of mine every year. I have always booked well beyond the 60 day window (always on line searching almost every morning EARLY.) But...all of them are off season so to speak. I just got back from a week at Disney BWV 1/bed (great weather, cheap airfare, no crowds); going to Boston in March, Sedona, AZ 2/bed in May; Grand Timber Lodge 2bed/2bath in Breckenridge in August. My first one was used for Greensprings Plantation 2bed/2bath in May. All are for really nice places just not during high season, which I prefer anyway. The 1 bed were$279, the 2 bed $329. I love the ACs from II! I have traded with a Hawaii October week and always get an AC. The last trade I deposited my Hawaii week and then used my AC to book back into my home resort. I still have my deposited week to use during the next 2 years. I'll look for another Hawaii week next year and then book my floating home week to hook up and get two weeks for my MFcost ($865) and the AC ($329) in really nice 2 bed/2bath units. Only drawback is they are only good up to 12 months from your deposit so you have to watch your timing. I have had to let one go unused since I ran out of time!!!
Julie :D

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
barndweller said:
I have used almost all of mine every year. I have always booked well beyond the 60 day window (always on line searching almost every morning EARLY.) But...all of them are off season so to speak. I just got back from a week at Disney BWV 1/bed (great weather, cheap airfare, no crowds); going to Boston in March, Sedona, AZ 2/bed in May; Grand Timber Lodge 2bed/2bath in Breckenridge in August. My first one was used for Greensprings Plantation 2bed/2bath in May. All are for really nice places just not during high season, which I prefer anyway. The 1 bed were$279, the 2 bed $329. I love the ACs from II! I have traded with a Hawaii October week and always get an AC. The last trade I deposited my Hawaii week and then used my AC to book back into my home resort. I still have my deposited week to use during the next 2 years. I'll look for another Hawaii week next year and then book my floating home week to hook up and get two weeks for my MFcost ($865) and the AC ($329) in really nice 2 bed/2bath units. Only drawback is they are only good up to 12 months from your deposit so you have to watch your timing. I have had to let one go unused since I ran out of time!!!
Julie :D

If you have to go in off season is it really cheaper than a getway

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
barndweller said:
The last trade I deposited my Hawaii week and then used my AC to book back into my home resort. Julie :D

My AC says "this certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort."

Julie,
Do you have a different kind or is this something II just overlooks?

Jan

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right, Jan!

I just looked at my exchange history at II and I used my banked home week to book into my own resort. I remember now that I had to use it because it was going to expire and I wasn't able to extend it. It was a replacement for an exchange I had to cancel (yes, I lost my exchange fee) and it was only good until a certain date. The AC I had recieved originally was already used.

I have looked at getaways and only booked one so far. It was $449 for a 1bed at Marriot Desert Springs and we loved it. I have looked for another getaway like that but the prices are closer to $1000 now. The AC is still cheaper.
I've got an AC at SFX that is even better with no "grid" to worry about. The cost is slightly higher to use it. It also cannot be used for your home resort. I'm afraid it will go to waste since I've got the whole year booked! That's the trouble with planning so far ahead...I haven't been able to take advantage of last minute stuff that shows up. Next year will be different since I hope to be retired.
Julie

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
jancurious said:
My AC says "this certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort."

Julie,
Do you have a different kind or is this something II just overlooks?

Jan

Mine says that too, and that it can't be used for any other Club Intrawest resorts, but I've found in the 59-day window that it will pull them, and though I haven't booked one I assume that it would go through.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
barndweller said:
I've got an AC at SFX that is even better with no "grid" to worry about. The cost is slightly higher to use it. It also cannot be used for your home resort. I'm afraid it will go to waste since I've got the whole year booked! Julie

I have the same problem. One bonus week at SFx that will go unused and another one at II that will go unused. I might end up giving them to my sister.

I guess its time to sell something

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
trishpmc said:
What is an AC?

When you deposit a High demand week with II they give you two weeks to trade with. The first on is a regular week to trade the second is a A/c it is a free week that you can use to trade with certain restrictions. It also has a higher exchange fee associated with it.

But if you can use it you get two weeks for one deposit.