• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luck with AC's

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
jjking42 said:
When you deposit a High demand week with II they give you two weeks to trade with. The first on is a regular week to trade the second is a A/c it is a free week that you can use to trade with certain restrictions. It also has a higher exchange fee associated with it.

But if you can use it you get two weeks for one deposit.

Thanks for the information. How do you know if you are entitled to an AC? Does II offer it, or does your resort let you know?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
trishpmc said:
Thanks for the information. How do you know if you are entitled to an AC? Does II offer it, or does your resort let you know?

Ii will let you know. The week need to be high deamand and high season. Call them and they will tell you. They also send out mail with A/C offers.

The online feature is not very good. It will only tell you after you start the process of depositing your week.

The best bet is call and ask.

Or ask the tuggers who own there they will know.

millergs

TUG Member
Reaction score
what is an AC

I see lots of talk about AC's from II. Would someone please tell me what they are? I can find no mention of them in the directory.

ahmo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does RCI offer anything similar to II's AC?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
millergs said:
I see lots of talk about AC's from II. Would someone please tell me what they are? I can find no mention of them in the directory.

An "AC" is an accommodation certificate. It is given to members as an incentive to deposit high demand units. It is basically a bonus week that has a redemption fee instead of an exchange fee. The fees typically are $199 for a studio, $249 for a 1 bedroom and $299 for a two bedroom and larger.

They have restrictions and are mainly good for off season but within 60 days of checkin almost all restrictions are lifted.

MarTN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using the grid, I went to Marriott Horizons Orlando during October. Within the 59 day mark, I snagged a June week on Hilton Head and a spring break week at Grande Vista in Orlando.

I was checking every day on that last exchange to see when the check-in date I needed would be in range. In the end, I got a Friday check-in and we'll have to burn that first day, but still, we're spending 6 nights in a one-bedroom for $249 -- come on! That's a great value.

Suzy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC stands for Accommodation Certificate, they used to call them Bonus Weeks. I have two with II. They are good for a year from the date you deposit your high demand week. I can search a year out with one of mine, but only 60 days out with the other.

The price I pay with each differs too, one is the price of an exchange fee and the other one varies by the size of the unit.

cgiblin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been doing well using my AC's ,so I"m really interested in this thread. Hope to learn something from the experts. I just searched on line for the first two weeks of March. Only 5 areas in the whole world were available. Does this seem possible? I have 3 AC's and they all brought the same results.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We have used them for Eagle's Nest in Marco Island 2005 which was a replaxcement week for an AC for South Seas Plantation on Captiva due to the hurricane in 2004.
I think I also used one for Marriott Custom House 2003 New Years week.

I do not like the new grid system at all and prefer the former format.

All from a Marriott Harbor Point week.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
cgiblin said:
I haven't been doing well using my AC's ,so I"m really interested in this thread. Hope to learn something from the experts. I just searched on line for the first two weeks of March. Only 5 areas in the whole world were available. Does this seem possible? I have 3 AC's and they all brought the same results.

I suppose it's possible, since ACs do vary because of the underlying deposit, but it seems a bit low - I just searched with my AC and got about 30 locations during that time frame.