• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I have owned at a small Maine TS for 10 years. I am obsessive about checking to see what is available, very flexible and have traded for:
Sheraton Atlantis
DVC - Boardwalk when it was with II
MVC Disneyland Paris
Marriott Harbor Lakes
MVC Ocean Club-During Covid
MVC- Dessert Springs
MVC- Newport Coast
RCI or II? Do you use ongoing searches?

Trav02554

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village
II I have about half in searches and half in requests.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say my 2021 exchanges were succesfull - even with alot of juggling around.

2 weeks at DVC Saratoga Spring on LM reduced TPUs of 15 each. (March and August)
Thanksgiving at Hyatt Windward Point
Week 52 at Marriott Cypress Harbor (but I am looking for a better location to eplus too!)

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
My best exchange of 2021 was catching a Marriott Ocean Club (Lahaina Tower) 3 bedroom in November during Flexchange. Full Oceanfront, 6th floor, just wonderful. My SDO one bedroom sure was punching above it's weight for that trade!

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my first and only timeshare in Nov 2019 and had to stay put for all of 2020 because of the pandemic. But then in 2021, I don’t know if it was beginner’s luck or what , I had much success getting really great flexchanges. All of them are 2brs.

March Spring break : Hyatt Highlands Inn, Carmel

April: Hyatt High Sierra Lodge, Lake Tahoe . The last week of ski season, but had new snow while we were there!

May: Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Sedona . The week before Memorial Day, so glad we avoided the traffic of the long weekend. I lost $1200 to a scammer claiming he had a Sedona week to rent, but was able to snag a flexchange later on.

Sept: Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas

Thanksgiving: HGVC The Bay Club, Big Island. This was reserved with a regular RCI exchange back in 2020 when they did the bulk deposit.

And ending the year on a high note, I am at Embarc Palm Desert right now on a free AC!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I bought my first and only timeshare in Nov 2019 and had to stay put for all of 2020 because of the pandemic. But then in 2021, I don’t know if it was beginner’s luck or what , I had much success getting really great flexchanges. All of them are 2brs.

March Spring break : Hyatt Highlands Inn, Carmel

April: Hyatt High Sierra Lodge, Lake Tahoe . The last week of ski season, but had new snow while we were there!

May: Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Sedona . The week before Memorial Day, so glad we avoided the traffic of the long weekend. I lost $1200 to a scammer claiming he had a Sedona week to rent, but was able to snag a flexchange later on.

Sept: Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas

Thanksgiving: HGVC The Bay Club, Big Island. This was reserved with a regular RCI exchange back in 2020 when they did the bulk deposit.

And ending the year on a high note, I am at Embarc Palm Desert right now on a free AC!
Just checking for understanding "Free AC" - are you speaking of an Accommodation Certificate from Interval? When I go thru the booking process on those it costs me $325...maybe I am doing it wrong.

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
[mention]The Colorado Kid [/mention] With a free AC you still have to pay the exchange fee plus tax. $300 something is about right.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just checking for understanding "Free AC" - are you speaking of an Accommodation Certificate from Interval? When I go thru the booking process on those it costs me $325...maybe I am doing it wrong.
Some people got "free" AC due to a resort closing due to covid. It may have been from an exchange or getaway week. Some of those had no redemption fee, others were more like replacement weeks and only the normal exchange fee applied. Other than that, AC's have a redemption fee. The price can vary but $325 would be in the ball park for most.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Thought I'd share my 2021 timeshare exchange success doing manual trades through Interval. I own 3 White weeks at Marriott DSV-I, which I split and deposit into II for 6 weeks total, then manually trade for these amazing vacations. Time and time again, Marriott salespeople try to convince me that I will no longer be able to do this, and every year I do. I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments, successful primarily because my dates are flexible, and I am able to do last minute travel.

May: Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (South), 1BR Oceanview Bldg 2, filtered ocean view through the trees (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
May: Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (North), 1BR Islandview Bldg 7, glimpse of the ocean through pirate ship (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
June: Marriott Newport Coast Villas 2BR, pretty decent golf/canyon view (Exchange: Studio)
August: Marriott Timber Lodge (Tahoe) 1BR on top floor, no view, no balcony (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
Sep: Westin Nanea 2BR Oceanview Bldg 2, ground floor so very limited ocean view but nice open space next door (Exchange: Studio)
Nov: Four Seasons Aviara 1BR, top floor, golf view, very nice unit (Exchange: Studio)

In all fairness, the next 2 were check-in this year 2022, but the trade was made in 2021, and too good not to include here.

Jan: Marriott Ko Olina, 2BR Penthouse Oceanview, top floor Naia Tower, traded with my lowly little White DSV-I Studio
Jan: Marriott Ko Olina, 2BR Penthouse Oceanview, top floor Naia Tower, also traded with my DSV-I Studio

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
[mention]The Colorado Kid [/mention] With a free AC you still have to pay the exchange fee plus tax. $300 something is about right.
Thanks - that is my understanding as well...so in no way normally free unless a special circumstance

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that is my understanding as well...so in no way normally free unless a special circumstance
no not "free" but compared with MF-it is nice to have an "extra" week for minimal cost.
We have an independent TS at Lake of the Ozarks that was gifted to us 20 years ago-MF<$700/yr(usually ~$500 but have 2 years of special assessment to update-first time we've had this), 3 bedroom treehouse villa (like Disney's Saratoga Springs but with an upstairs loft, and downstairs bed/bath as well)-
3 bedroom Cayman Islands beach front
Marriott by Disneyland Paris (the name escapes me--didn't get to use due to covid-was for May 2020)
Multiple Orlando MVC including christmas weeks, Thanksgiving weeks, summer weeks-think we've stayed at all the orlando MVC except Lakeshore. Got a 3 bedroom Grande Vista in 2020 when we drove the kiddo to UCF-Unit is HUGE.
Week 52 at Marriott Cypress Harbor (but I am looking for a better location to eplus too!)
I LOVE Cypress Harbor-probably my favorite of the MVC in Orlando. Are you wanting closer to Disney?
Perhaps the best though is the getaways available with II-can't beat 2 weeks in 2 bedroom on the beach over spring break in Cancun for <$800 last year-best "redo" of my 50th birthday ever.

Attachments

• cancun.jpg
    cancun.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 18

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an exchange into a 3BR unit at Hyatt's Wild Oak for June! I seldom see deposits there, have never seen a 3BR, and can't remember the last time I've seen a summer unit.

We actually have a cruise that conflicts with it, and I think we're going to cancel the cruise so we can go.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I got an exchange into a 3BR unit at Hyatt's Wild Oak for June! I seldom see deposits there, have never seen a 3BR, and can't remember the last time I've seen a summer unit.

We actually have a cruise that conflicts with it, and I think we're going to cancel the cruise so we can go.
That’s great! May I ask, what did you exchange for it? Must be one good trader.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just exchanged a Harbour Lake Studio (week 7 2023- President's Day Week) for a 1-Bedroom at Marriott's Summit Watch Park City, also for President's Day week 2023!

Just sitting there available, not through an OGS. I actually didn't even have the studio booked for 2023 yet, as I usually book July 4th week for the higher TDI, but I just couldn't pass this up so I held the Summit Watch in II, and made the reservation with MVC and grabbed it with the new reservation once it appeared again after I released it.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Depending on where/when, II accommodation certificates can be a real bargain. I always seem to have one at my disposal. I used one Christmas week for a place in San Francisco. I would be lucky to get such a place on AirBnB or similar for $300 per *night*. So $300 was great.

In my experience, those certificates are only good for last-minute, spur of the moment trips -- extending a vacation you're already taking, for instance. We tacked-on SF to our week in Napa -- there was overlap because of check-in days. But Christmas in SF is more fun than Christmas at home.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Traded HICV into a 2BR at the Hilton Kohala for my 30th Anniversary through RCI. Also had a great trade from II into a 2BR at Marriott Shadow Ridge for spring break.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Just picked up a 2BR at Marriott Canyon Villas with 1300 expiring Hyatt points on II.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My best exchange of 2021 was catching a Marriott Ocean Club (Lahaina Tower) 3 bedroom in November during Flexchange. Full Oceanfront, 6th floor, just wonderful. My SDO one bedroom sure was punching above it's weight for that trade!

What is FlexChange?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
no not "free" but compared with MF-it is nice to have an "extra" week for minimal cost.
We have an independent TS at Lake of the Ozarks that was gifted to us 20 years ago-MF<$700/yr(usually ~$500 but have 2 years of special assessment to update-first time we've had this), 3 bedroom treehouse villa (like Disney's Saratoga Springs but with an upstairs loft, and downstairs bed/bath as well)-
3 bedroom Cayman Islands beach front
Marriott by Disneyland Paris (the name escapes me--didn't get to use due to covid-was for May 2020)
Multiple Orlando MVC including christmas weeks, Thanksgiving weeks, summer weeks-think we've stayed at all the orlando MVC except Lakeshore. Got a 3 bedroom Grande Vista in 2020 when we drove the kiddo to UCF-Unit is HUGE.

I LOVE Cypress Harbor-probably my favorite of the MVC in Orlando. Are you wanting closer to Disney?
Perhaps the best though is the getaways available with II-can't beat 2 weeks in 2 bedroom on the beach over spring break in Cancun for <$800 last year-best "redo" of my 50th birthday ever.

Was the 3BR Cayman Islands beachfront a Morris’s property? If so which one and how did you like it? What is a week worth in one of those?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thought I'd share my 2021 timeshare exchange success doing manual trades through Interval. I own 3 White weeks at Marriott DSV-I, which I split and deposit into II for 6 weeks total, then manually trade for these amazing vacations. Time and time again, Marriott salespeople try to convince me that I will no longer be able to do this, and every year I do. I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments, successful primarily because my dates are flexible, and I am able to do last minute travel.

May: Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (South), 1BR Oceanview Bldg 2, filtered ocean view through the trees (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
May: Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (North), 1BR Islandview Bldg 7, glimpse of the ocean through pirate ship (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
June: Marriott Newport Coast Villas 2BR, pretty decent golf/canyon view (Exchange: Studio)
August: Marriott Timber Lodge (Tahoe) 1BR on top floor, no view, no balcony (Exchange: 1BR DSV-I)
Sep: Westin Nanea 2BR Oceanview Bldg 2, ground floor so very limited ocean view but nice open space next door (Exchange: Studio)
Nov: Four Seasons Aviara 1BR, top floor, golf view, very nice unit (Exchange: Studio)

In all fairness, the next 2 were check-in this year 2022, but the trade was made in 2021, and too good not to include here.

Jan: Marriott Ko Olina, 2BR Penthouse Oceanview, top floor Naia Tower, traded with my lowly little White DSV-I Studio
Jan: Marriott Ko Olina, 2BR Penthouse Oceanview, top floor Naia Tower, also traded with my DSV-I Studio

Wow some great trades esp the MKO 2BR PH ocean view. We just stayed there with DPs. You really lucked out. Was it just random that you picked a 2BR and that was the code? I wonder why MVC deposits those when they book up right away on their portal.