• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This week I had an easier time then last week and stood on program but once again lost 1/2 lb. I was hoping for at least a pound but do realize any weight loss down is better then any weight gain. Total loss now is 15 pounds and I am happy with that.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to give my update. The Achilles tendon was still acting up so did very little in the exercise front which is not good as I am spending way too much time on the couch. I did manage to lose 2 lbs. I think this is because I am obsessing on planning meals so nothing goes bad in the fridge. If I am planning that hard I tend to do well with my diet. It certainly helps that the food needing eaten was fresh vegetables.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I don't think I posted this here already (I can't remember what gets posted where) but, here goes.

Prior to the shut downs I was working out at a gym 3 to 5 times a week and with a trainer one of those days each week. I do it mostly to maintain mobility and flexibility. When we got back from Maui and San Francisco on March 14 I found out the gym was closing starting March 16. So for the first week I did nothing. :( I decided that wasn't going to work long term so I looked up on Directv to see what exercise shows were available. I found one series called "Classical Stretch" on PBS and I'm loving it. They are older shower, filmed between 2012 and 2014. They were filmed in Jamaica so there is always a beautiful background. And even though it's all stretch, she works all of the body. It's just what I need. Each session is 30 minutes long.

My trainer is now doing her sessions outside at a local park. I went to work with her for the first time yesterday. I'm going again tomorrow. Until the gym opens again I plan to work with her two days a week and do the stretch classes four days a week.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
With the shut down my activity level has decreased and my appetite has increased. I'm up 5 pounds. Need to get it back together and start exercising more and eating less. I think it was the homemade banana bread and brownies plus the extra time in front of the tv that got me. Its amazing how fast weight goes on compared to coming off.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With the shut down my activity level has decreased and my appetite has increased. I'm up 5 pounds. Need to get it back together and start exercising more and eating less. I think it was the homemade banana bread and brownies plus the extra time in front of the tv that got me. Its amazing how fast weight goes on compared to coming off.

Bill
It is happening to many of us. You are not alone. Just keep trying, don’t give up.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ordered ALOT of meat that will be arriving over the next 2 weeks and I am clearing space in my freezer. Mm... frozen chocolate muffins. I just had one immediately after lunch. :(

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I ordered ALOT of meat that will be arriving over the next 2 weeks and I am clearing space in my freezer. Mm... frozen chocolate muffins. I just had one immediately after lunch. :(

I know the feeling. After making room in the freezer we found the leftover Halloween candy. No one to give it to. I should toss it. What to do. Kitkats are so good with coffee.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have realized many of us, including myself, are struggling with our eating, movement, emotions and weight.

What I have learned through my visits to health spas over the years is to have compassion for ourselves. The most important thing is to just be aware of what we are doing and treat each day as a opportunity for a new start.

There is no right or wrong, there is no perfection, never giving up and just trying makes me more aware of what is going on. If I am going through a bad time, I find it best to step on the scale everyday. It makes the reality of what I am doing upfront and in my face. If I feel I am doing ok which can include some or many bumps I find, for me, it is better to just weigh myself weekly.

Today I had a lightbulb go off in my head. I have always loved going to health spas, just being away and taking care of myself physically, emotionally and well nourished. So today knowing this isolation will go on weeks and more likely months I decided to set up a schedule like the health spas I go to.

Three nourishing meals a day plus two snacks which is where I include a favorite sweet (which means cooking)
Morning exercise
Afternoon exercise
Cooking Class or any other class of interest
meditation session
positive reinforcement either in journal entry or reading
something to pamper myself

Some of the above can easily be found on the internet.

For those of us that are working at home, this would be more challenging, so a subset might work or just for the weekend. For those of us not working, like me, it is an effort. I try to imagine myself being a healthier person when we emerge to better times.

As the saying goes I am trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Bill
We came back from Maui with a couple dozen boxes of chocolate covered mac nuts, cans of mac nuts and boxes of Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. Most were to be given away. Since we basically haven't been out since we got home all of this has been sitting in our house. Since I am a stress eater (take that back I eat for ANY emotion) and chocolate can be a trigger, I've been indulging in more than I should.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By the lack of postings in this thread can I assume many of you are struggling? If so you are not alone. I am too.

Last night I had 750 calories of delicious Swoffle cookies. I wanted them, I needed them and was sad like a little girl when they were all gone. I wanted more. Eating them made me feel better and sad at the same time which I am sure most of you understand.

I slept for 8 straight hours, this never happens. I usually wake up at least once or twice during the night. I assume the sugar low that happened after the high let me crash.

Today I am still struggling to stay within my program. I am craving sweets, hopefully this evening won’t be as bad as yesterday.

This saying says it best how I view each day
D5D6F51E-8838-4CB1-90C4-AB0D02533143.jpeg

No matter what happens tomorrow I will try again.

On the bright side I did walk my 5 miles today. I have tried for weeks but didn’t come close, so today that was a major achievement.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was good yesterday and lost weight this morning. Unfortunately I had gastric pain this afternoon because I took a Vitamin C capsule this morning and it usually burns my stomach. When I get gastric pain I have to keep eating so that stomach acid has something to work on. I ate 2 Baci hazelnut chocolate (my favorite chocolate of all time),1 bag of Cheetos and a handful of pistachios before dinner. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. :)

An update to this post. I just ate another 2 Baci hazelnut chocolate after dinner. ;)

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a great week but I did manage to lose 1 lb. I feel it should have been more as I have been getting out for walks and the diet was about as good as it gets. The only day that did not go well was the day with the home made pizza. Man that stuff is good.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It has been awhile. I realized last week I didn’t post. I stood the same weight. Today Is my weigh in day and I chose not to weigh in as between Passover and Easter food, my sodium content was higher and I just want water weight to settle before I weigh in.

Today I found this 4 1/2 minute stretching routine online. It is done sitting in a chair and for a quickie it was good. I even learned a new way to stretch the upper back leg.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’m stuck on 210 and have been for a month now. I’m still walking 3.5 miles 5-6 days a week so I’m getting the exercise but just having a real hard time losing more weight. I had lost 13 lbs from the beginning of the year to mid-March. Well, at least I’m not gaining so I guess I should be happy about that. I have lost an inch or so in the waist and I feel better so I guess I just need to start counting calories which I have not done. It’s a hassle and since I was losing anyway, I didn’t see the need. Now, since I seem to have hit a wall, it’s time to try something else.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I’m stuck on 210 and have been for a month now. I’m still walking 3.5 miles 5-6 days a week so I’m getting the exercise but just having a real hard time losing more weight. I had lost 13 lbs from the beginning of the year to mid-March. Well, at least I’m not gaining so I guess I should be happy about that. I have lost an inch or so in the waist and I feel better so I guess I just need to start counting calories which I have not done. It’s a hassle and since I was losing anyway, I didn’t see the need. Now, since I seem to have hit a wall, it’s time to try something else.

I’ve been at a plateau myself. I’m still considered “free” for my Weight Watchers meetings, but I don’t like doing the virtual meeting. Nobody I know is on. I’ve been concentrating on making better choices and do my indoor exercise videos. I think the stress and uncertainty is making me tired. The other problem is my husband keeps making things that are delicious. I’ll have a bit, but don’t need a plateful. I’ve been taking a short afternoon walk too thru my neighbors pasture.

Does anyone else get the “Spry” flier in their newspaper? They had an interview with Joan Lunden, she’s promoting her new book....”Why did I walk into this room?” Or something like that. Her new outlook is not to fight to look younger, but make sure she’s healthy and happy enough to enjoy her remaining years....or words to that affect. I’m going to see if it’s available on my online library. I personally don’t care about gray hair and smile lines. I want to enjoy the years I have left on this planet and it’s harder to get around dragging around extra weight.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great idea to share food products.

Never had them. I have to look for them as they are gluten free and I can have them.

I've got another one for you Panina.

I got my first order from Thrive Market https://thrivemarket.com/myaisle/. In it was a bottle of Thrive Market Green Goddess Dressing & Marinade. Yum! Never know how these keto things will taste. Especially salad dressings. I've had good results adding my own stevia or monk fruit to some of the Primal Kitchen ones. But I digress. . .

The TM Green Goddess was good as a side dip to salmon patties.

For more than a year I've thought about Thrive and Butcher Box because they are promoted on podcasts I listen to. Nothing like a pandemic to get around to ordering from them.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I finally moved the way I need to in order to lose weight.

In the morning, instead of sleeping late, I participated in a community online real time yoga class. To my surprise I liked it.

Then in the afternoon I went walking in the community. I went around the beautiful lake and continued within the neighborhood. I did my 5 miles.

Now if I can continue this I might lose a few pounds.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get out of the snacking on carbie oily food all day routine. I have been craving carbs for the past 2 months and feeding those feed me fat cells. Each day I tried hard to break it but I always gave in and had chocolates, Cheetos and potato chips which came up to 600 to 800 calories.

Two days ago I tried something which had worked before when I tried to curb my carb cravings. I made up a drink and drank it throughout the day. It tasted sweet but had no sugar or carb in it (Sugar-free Oregon Chai with unsweetened Almond milk) and got my snacking down to 2 small bags of chips (320 calories total). Yesterday I got my snacks down to about the same amount of calories. I had 2 BACI hazelnut chocolates and a 150 calories of a mini Haagen Daz ice cream bar. Today I had a Mochi (90 calories) and 2 Jammy Wheels cookies (180 calories) and I am done for the day! Tomorrow I will continue to work on it.

I skipped a day in walking today as I just felt lethargic and I will get back into walking tomorrow.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am trying to get out of the snacking on carbie oily food all day routine. I have been craving carbs for the past 2 months and feeding those feed me fat cells. Each day I tried hard to break it but I always gave in and had chocolates, Cheetos and potato chips which came up to 600 to 800 calories.

Two days ago I tried something which had worked before when I tried to curb my carb cravings. I made up a drink and drank it throughout the day. It tasted sweet but had no sugar or carb in it (Sugar-free Oregon Chai with unsweetened Almond milk) and got my snacking down to 2 small bags of chips (320 calories total). Yesterday I got my snacks down to about the same amount of calories. I had 2 BACI hazelnut chocolates and a 150 calories of a mini Haagen Daz ice cream bar. Today I had a Mochi (90 calories) and 2 Jammy Wheels cookies (180 calories) and I am done for the day! Tomorrow I will continue to work on it.

I skipped a day in walking today as I just felt lethargic and I will get back into walking tomorrow.
I have learned the foods that call my name can’t be in my house.

I tried a few times to have 100% fruit leather, cookies, chips and ice cream and I ate it all, right away.

I find I am ok having pistachio nuts and very dark chocolate in the house. To get my ice cream craving I use fruit in my Yonana machine.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have learned the foods that call my name can’t be in my house.

I tried a few times to have 100% fruit leather, cookies, chips and ice cream and I ate it all, right away.

I find I am ok having pistachio nuts and very dark chocolate in the house. To get my ice cream craving I use fruit in my Yonana machine.
I hear you. I was suffering from being really shaky with low blood sugar drop in my system and had to bring back up with sugary food and I had been having that problem for about 2 months because I gave in to high sugar food before. When my total carb intake for the day is around 100g, I am healthy and don't get sugar cravings. If I let myself go to 150g a day for a few days in a row, I will go into shakes during the day unless I take sugary food. I am not diabetic but I recognize this problem and it is unsettling. I just took my blood sugar and it is 72 but my body is not sending signals to my brain to take sugar. I am relieved to have finally resolved the sugar cravings. I had 100g carb today.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Weigh in day, my last weigh in was two weeks ago. As many of you know I have been struggling with the food, trying to find a relationship with it where I at least maintain my weight. Not easy in these times especially being mostly home with the food calling out to me.

I ended up losing 2.5 pounds which I am thrilled about. What I did different this time then other times, is when I fell off, the next day I tried again and again until I ate healthier. No perfection, no beating myself up, just trying again, not giving up.

The last time I was weighed at my WW class was 6 weeks ago. Since then I have lost 5.6 pounds. If I can continue at this rate I will be happy, just staying the same I will be happy.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Weigh in day, my last weigh in was two weeks ago. As many of you know I have been struggling with the food, trying to find a relationship with it where I at least maintain my weight. Not easy in these times especially being mostly home with the food calling out to me.

I ended up losing 2.5 pounds which I am thrilled about. What I did different this time then other times, is when I fell off, the next day I tried again and again until I ate healthier. No perfection, no beating myself up, just trying again, not giving up.

The last time I was weighed at my WW class was 6 weeks ago. Since then I have lost 5.6 pounds. If I can continue at this rate I will be happy, just staying the same I will be happy.
Good job!!! Losing weight in SIP is hard and you have done it!

These 3 days my weight has been stable as I am back to restricting my carb intake to 100g a day. I have put on 1 lb since SIP but at least I have stablized the gain and now the only way is down. :) I am working on it. I just came back from an one hour aerobic walk as I live in a hilly / mountainous community. Now I am set for the rest of the day.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am down a total of 59 pounds. I was down 53 pounds on 3/9, right before my birthday, so I am happy losing around six pounds in six weeks. A pound a week is good. That means I will be at goal in 21 weeks. My program started 9/3.

I ate chile rellenos and green chile at our daughter's house on Sunday. So delicious. Gave me a stomachache because I am not used to eating flour, and the chiles are wrapped in egg roll wrappers and fried in the air fryer. The air-fried rellenos were really good. This was a bit of a cheat, but all was fine.

I told Rick that when I get to 69 pounds lost, we are going to Raising Cane's, so I can have two of the chicken fingers (no fries). I want that so badly. The commercials for their drive-through are killing me.

We have been walking a little, but my feet are suffering. I have Good Feet insoles and would take them and exchange for different ones, but they are closed.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am starting this thread late but I finally got motivated to work on healthier eating habits and exercise. I want to lose 15 pounds. My BMI is still in the healthy range but it is right at the top of the range (24.8) based on the recent weight gain. I like to be about a 21-22 BMI. I just joined Noom and will see how that goes. It is an online cognitive behavioral coaching program for weight loss. @Panina recommended the book Food Rules. I bought the audiobook and listened to it last night. I loved the book. It helped me to realize how bad processed foods are for the body and how it contributes to obesity and chronic diseases. In this time of Covid, it is even more important to be healthy and keep weight in check as doctors have indicated obesity and underlying comorbidities are a risk factor for severe Covid illness. Fortunately, I do not have any health risks but my weight has creeped up a bit esp with the SIP/SAH (too much unhealthy snacking) and I need to get back into the middle of the healthy weight range for me.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am starting this thread late but I finally got motivated to work on healthier eating habits and exercise. I want to lose 15 pounds. My BMI is still in the healthy range but it is right at the top of the range (24.8) based on the recent weight gain. I like to be about a 21-22 BMI. I just joined Noom and will see how that goes. It is an online cognitive behavioral coaching program for weight loss. @Panina recommended the book Food Rules. I bought the audiobook and listened to it last night. I loved the book. It helped me to realize how bad processed foods are for the body and how it contributes to obesity and chronic diseases. In this time of Covid, it is even more important to be healthy and keep weight in check as doctors have indicated obesity and underlying comorbidities are a risk factor for severe Covid illness. Fortunately, I do not have any health risks but my weight has creeped up a bit esp with the SIP/SAH (too much unhealthy snacking) and I need to get back into the middle of the healthy weight range for me.
Welcome. I am glad you liked the book. So simple but so profound.

I am hoping more will join in this thread even if their journey isn’t what they think is successful at this point.

I have found that almost everyone I know is struggling now, not losing, gaining weight and not exercising. Hard enough when things are good, understandable how hard now with what is happening.

I have many downs and ups. Just last night I had food calling my name. Nothing to grab in my house that is a trigger food but I had 4 persimmons. I used them as my drug of choice. Yes persimmons are a fruit but I ate them all In one sitting. Why? Because, just because. I have always been told no one gets fat eating fruit and vegetables. I can, so that statement is not true. If 4 more were in my home I would have eaten them. If there were cookies or ice cream in my house I would have eaten those first.

All I know is today is a new day. No beating myself up and will try not to binge on anything. That is my key, not to be embarrassed that it happened, still participating in this thread and just to mentally keep trying to eat healthier and exercise.

With all going on now I wish my weight was at a healthier number to reduce my risk factor. I will just keep trying even when I fall off because it still puts me in the right direction.