• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a way to see view category?

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there a way to see the view category when exchanging into a resort on interval? Thanks so much!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not until after it is confirmed. Once it is in your History, you can see the unit code, which probably implies the view for e.g. Marriott resorts, but not certainly.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Even when the conformation gives you an indication of a view category, it may not be guaranteed that you’ll actually receive that view. Many timeshare operate on a points based reservation system where owners in that system can book any view available. Owners within a system are given preference over exchangers.

Anytime we’ve exchanged, I always set my expectations low. If I get a view then fantastic. But if I get a low floor dumpsters in the parking lot view then it’s not a big surprise.

Because views are important to us, we own in systems that provided us with the best opportunity to get a view we enjoy and we typically stay within those resort groups. However we do exchange out every now and again. When we do, we always accept that we’re the lowest priority and accept what we are given.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there a way to see the view category when exchanging into a resort on interval? Thanks so much!

If you call and get the right person at Interval I have been able to get them to give me the code before making an exchange. They won't tell you the view since that is not guaranteed they are not allowed- but I have gotten them to tell me the code before which i think looked up myself on the very help code sheet.