• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introduction

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This is from the trust documents. I posted it in post 15 of this thread.

I believe a Base Interest is 1000 points. So if someone owns 2000 points, they could sell 1000 and keep 1000. They couldn't sell 500 or 1500, since that would cause one of the owners (seller or buyer) to have less than a Base Interest. If you own 1500 points, the only option is to sell all of them since no combination would permit both people to have at least 1000 points.

I think it was also you who said before that if multi-Weeks were purchased at the same time in the same deed, the owner could sell them individually. This info about the Base Interests is great, thanks! But I'm also trying to nail down how the contracts are written when DC Points are purchased, and if Base Interests can be sold separately if they're originally included in the same (deed? contract? - not sure of the format.)

Boy, BI's meaning Beneficial Interests, also meaning Base Interests ... lots of wiggle room for confusion to settle in the DC docs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it was also you who said before that if multi-Weeks were purchased at the same time in the same deed, the owner could sell them individually. This info about the Base Interests is great, thanks! But I'm also trying to nail down how the contracts are written when DC Points are purchased, and if Base Interests can be sold separately if they're originally included in the same (deed? contract? - not sure of the format.)

Boy, BI's meaning Beneficial Interests, also meaning Base Interests ... lots of wiggle room for confusion to settle in the DC docs.

I take the statement I posted to indicate that if you bought multiple beneficial interests on one deed, you could deed out a smaller number than you own, as long as no owner has less than a Base Interest. This information is in the MVC Destinations Multisite Public Offering Statement. So in essence it is part of the contract that you sign when you buy trust points.

In the weeks system when you bought two weeks together at the same resort, they were usually on the same deed. You were able to sell one unit out of that deed if you wanted to. I don't see why it would be different in points.

Something else to consider, If someone owns 1000 points and I own 1500 points, I really should be able to sell them 500 points if I desire. Doing so will not cause either party to not hold a base interest.

Of course all of this is based on how Marriott interprets the contract language and puts it in to actual practice.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I take the statement I posted to indicate that if you bought multiple beneficial interests on one deed, you could deed out a smaller number than you own, as long as no owner has less than a Base Interest. This information is in the MVC Destinations Multisite Public Offering Statement. So in essence it is part of the contract that you sign when you buy trust points.

In the weeks system when you bought two weeks together at the same resort, they were usually on the same deed. You were able to sell one unit out of that deed if you wanted to. I don't see why it would be different in points.

Something else to consider, If someone owns 1000 points and I own 1500 points, I really should be able to sell them 500 points if I desire. Doing so will not cause either party to not hold a base interest.

Of course all of this is based on how Marriott interprets the contract language and puts it in to actual practice.

It's the "same deed" stuff that might be what's tripping me up. Our two weeks bought at the same time at the same resort aren't on the same deed. Could be because one was original developer inventory and one was a Marriott resale, I don't know. Although with some different deed language that's probably why.

The DVC folks talk about "contracts" and not so much "deeds." Another reason they say to split up more-than-minumum purchases into different contracts is because it's easier for transfers to be processed for heirs - instead of two heirs filing paperwork to split a 300-point contract, they each can inherit a 150-point contract. I'd just like to know if this particular tidbit from the DVC folks is another that might apply to Trust Points in some way, as long as the questions about re-sold/transferred Trust Points are still swirling.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on St. Kitts???

Sales Exec,
Could you give a update on the St. Kitts property? Just returned from there. No sales people on site. Heard from one of the management people that they are 60-70% sold and that currently they are still selling deeded weeks there because they have not received the necessary government approval to put inventory into the trust. Having dealt first hand with the government officialdom when trying to get my resale deed recorded I would imagine it will take a very long time for the necessary government approval to occur. ANy knowledge on this????

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I see to this point , "Sales Executive"s life here lasted for exactly two hours after hist first post on Jan 29th....

Sales Exec,
Could you give a update on the St. Kitts property? Just returned from there. No sales people on site. Heard from one of the management people that they are 60-70% sold and that currently they are still selling deeded weeks there because they have not received the necessary government approval to put inventory into the trust. Having dealt first hand with the government officialdom when trying to get my resale deed recorded I would imagine it will take a very long time for the necessary government approval to occur. ANy knowledge on this????

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
He was run off

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he is gone just yet. The guy did say upfront that he would be posting on his personal time and not in an "official" capacity but would try to answer questions from his personal perspective and understanding.

I would imagine a large portion of his time would be devoted to his day job which he states as selling for Marriott. Everyone doesn't have the time or desire to be on these boards as an active participant.

Last edited: