• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introduction

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just wanted to introduce myself as Im a new member here. I wanted to read comments regarding my company, Marriott Vacations Worldwide. :) If you have any questions about Marriott Weeks, points or anything at all please dont hesitate to ask me.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Hi Sales Executive - We welcome business members on TUG, but please be aware that we have a strict "no-promotions/no-advertising" rule on TUG.

Advertising is prohibited.

If you are a broker or salesperson, or work in an allied field, we welcome your participation on the board. We value your industry perspective and valuable insights. We do not appreciate, however, attempts to use our bbs for direct commercial purposes. We do not, for instance, welcome your adding tag lines promoting your business, such as "Call me for more information." Use the board as a way to be helpful and build your reputation, not as a direct sales tool, please. Due to flagrant commercial violations by some abusers in the past, we have found it necessary to be very strict about this.

Chosen usernames which promote you or your business are not permitted. When discovered, your account access may be banned until the name has been changed.

Individual users please note that messages promoting anything for which you may receive some personal gain are considered to be advertising, and are thus prohibited. Promotion of any service where you would get referral compensation is considered to be advertising. Directing somebody to your classified ad on TUG or elsewhere is considered to be advertising. Promotion of a website where you have anything for sale or rent is considered to be advertising.

The advertising ban includes information in your bbs signature. You may link to a commercial website in your signature, but the link itself may not indicate the nature of the site. If your URL or domain name indicates the nature of the site, it should not be visually displayed. A visual link saying only "My website" or other similar innocuous wording is acceptable.

Replying to somebody's question on the bbs with an ad is not an acceptable defense - if replying to an inquiry, click on the poster's name at the left of their post and send your offer as direct email or bbs private message instead of posting publicly to the bbs. If the person has not enabled email or private messaging, the best you can do is post a response merely saying "Since your email address is not available, please contact me via email or private message" -- and be sure YOU have email and/or private messaging enabled in your bbs profile (accessed via the UserCP link in the blue bar near the top of the screen).

The Only Exceptions to the advertising ban are:

Last Minute Rentals forums
Members-only Sightings / Distress Exchange forum, where timeshare owners may post messages offering timeshare weeks that are about to expire
Bargain Deals sub-forum of the Buying, Selling, Renting forum

Note the restrictions to these forums as posted in the respective forum rules. These restrictions are strictly enforced.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Welcome to TUG. I think it is great that you have joined TUG and identified youself.

(Just between us, I doubt if Marriott will agree with you. ;) )

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
(Just between us, I doubt if Marriott will agree with you. ;) )

We have a MVCI Costumer Advocate that has posted a total of two times since joining in June 2010. While I would like more representation from Marriott here, I don't think they take well to employees going out on their own and posting here openly as a Marriott employee.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That would be Marriotts problem and not ours.

Well theirs and their sales executive. It is possible that the Sales Executive is posting in an official capacity. We don't know and it isn't really our job to worry about that.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Well theirs and their sales executive. It is possible that the Sales Executive is posting in an official capacity. We don't know and it isn't really our job to worry about that.

Agreed. Hopefully it is in the Offical capacity. Maybe the Executive can pop back into this conversation and let us know. Also, clarify if he is with the Old Marriott or the Timeshare Spinoff Marriott.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He registered with a personal email address, so he is probably not sanctioned. My guess is that he is new to Marriott. ;)

*Sales Exec. is very welcome here - I'm basing my comments on previous experience w/newbie sales people registering for TUG.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi Sales Executive - We welcome business members on TUG, but please be aware that we have a strict "no-promotions/no-advertising" rule on TUG.

Not everyone comes here with an agenda. Can't we give some people the benefit of the doubt?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I just wanted to introduce myself as Im a new member here. I wanted to read comments regarding my company, Marriott Vacations Worldwide. :) If you have any questions about Marriott Weeks, points or anything at all please dont hesitate to ask me.

OK, first question. When is MVW going to do something about the resale problem with trust points? I'm a pretty good customer of yours but until I know that I can buy trust points and resell them to someone who can use them just as I would have been able to use them, I can't see any further Marriott purchases in my future except for picking up a legacy week from a private owner.

Second question. When are you going to allow waitlisting at the 13 month mark?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not everyone comes here with an agenda. Can't we give some people the benefit of the doubt?

In my opinion, I think it's better for them to be aware of the rules upfront, and unfortunately, most people don't read the posting rules when they register. YMMV

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many have come and many have gone. Remember "Marge" allegedly with RCI, who AFAIK was the conglomeration of many people? And then there's Karen Rose of Grupo Mayan. And TPI. And others. They show up just often enough to give the impression that they monitor their interest group.

It will be interesting, with as much traffic as Marriott owners generate here, whether he does any 'sales', or 'executive' activities.

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG. I think it is great that you have joined TUG and identified youself.

:) My pleasure. I have no intention to exploit the forum for personal gain. This is why I identified myself. I mostly wanted to read what owners are saying and to stay in the loop about anything regarding vacation ownership as I am also an owner of various brands. I was also hoping to help owners, when I can, with issues ranging from misconceptions, suggestions or insight on where to go for vacation as I have been to most properties. I can even provide incite on deed, title and trust matters.

I will not advertise nor respond to any inquiries whatsoever. This is for fun not work.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang lol lots of comments while I was typing and watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in subtitle.
No i am not officially sanctioned by Marriott. Been with them for almost 2 years, so yes relatively new. Going to business school soon so I wont be an employee for long. Moving into healthcare. (don't tell) I didnt put any public info because I want to help people out without any salesmen-hunters getting me jammed up. :)

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

Take a bit of time to read some of the Marriott forum.
You'll see plenty of opportunities to join in on discussions or add your advice or insight :) We're a big active group on TUG. More active since Marriott has made the big change to DP as all of us continue to monitor and decide how this affects us. OTher owners also try to see how it is affecting II and trading.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Sales Executive. How often does Marriott take weeks from II to match DC requests? There is much speculation that Marriott is taking the most prime weeks in II for say OceanWatch in the summer and that is one of the main reasons why owners can't even exchange back into that resort.

Also, does Marriott have a policy of holding onto most weeks until 60 days before checkin. Seems like we are seeing prime marriott deposits 60 days or less from check-in. In years past those weeks were deposited more like 12 months before check-in.

Thanks.

Reaction score
OK, first question. When is MVW going to do something about the resale problem with trust points? I'm a pretty good customer of yours but until I know that I can buy trust points and resell them to someone who can use them just as I would have been able to use them, I can't see any further Marriott purchases in my future except for picking up a legacy week from a private owner.

Second question. When are you going to allow waitlisting at the 13 month mark?

1. Marriott legal department is still developing the resale department for "Trust Points" to my understanding. It will realistically be a while before they finalize a buyback program. No one knows to the extent of the resale limitations. Ill ask some people if there have been any recent developments.
2. To my understanding the 13 month wait listing is given to certain "status levels" (dont want to advertise here lol ). Starts with the letter P.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also hoping to help owners, when I can, with issues ranging from misconceptions, suggestions or incite on where to go for vacation as I have been to most properties. I can even provide incite on deed, title and trust matters.

I think you meant "insight". The ol' curse of the spellchecker strikes again! :)

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

You'll see plenty of opportunities to join in on discussions or add your advice or insight :) We're a big active group on TUG. More active since Marriott has made the big change to DP as all of us continue to monitor and decide how this affects us. OTher owners also try to see how it is affecting II and trading.

Ironically Im in the same boat.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does this mean I should go read the rules?

You should have read the posting guidelines prior to registering. You agree to abide by them when you register.

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

I will indeed. Thank you for the direction. Respect.

Reaction score
Hello Sales Executive. How often does Marriott take weeks from II to match DC requests? There is much speculation that Marriott is taking the most prime weeks in II for say OceanWatch in the summer and that is one of the main reasons why owners can't even exchange back into that resort.

Also, does Marriott have a policy of holding onto most weeks until 60 days before checkin. Seems like we are seeing prime marriott deposits 60 days or less from check-in. In years past those weeks were deposited more like 12 months before check-in.

Thanks.

This is my understanding of how it goes. If an owner elects club points for that usage year it will go into Marriotts "exchange inventory" for another to obtain via club points. Therefore it would not go into II to re-book.