• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In quarantine Marriott Maui

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Sea House is one of my favorites for breakfast. Went there for Happy Hour last trip and loved it. Parking can be challenging.
Isn't Sea Horse the one that is kind of right over the water and at the Napili Kai Beach Resort? That is where I stayed with my parents when we visited Maui in 1968. At that time the Napili Kai was the resort at the farthest end of the island. I think they may have just been starting to think about developing Kapalua. At that time the name of the restaurant was The Teahouse of the Maui Moon. We only stayed on Maui for a few nights but I remember eating dinner there several times.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Isn't Sea Horse the one that is kind of right over the water and at the Napili Kai Beach Resort? That is where I stayed with my parents when we visited Maui in 1968. At that time the Napili Kai was the resort at the farthest end of the island. I think they may have just been starting to think about developing Kapalua. At that time the name of the restaurant was The Teahouse of the Maui Moon. We only stayed on Maui for a few nights but I remember eating dinner there several times.

Yes. I’ve been there several times for brunch and it’s a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I definitely want to try the fish and chips at Seahouse Restaurant. We have never been there.

I am trying to be positive about our August trip, but I am not sure we will be able to go. 3 days for a Covid-19 test from a lab that is accepted? I need to ask Kaiser how soon they can get a test done for us.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sea House is one of my favorites for breakfast. Went there for Happy Hour last trip and loved it. Parking can be challenging.
That's true. Both times we were there, we happened to be staying within walking distance, and in fact next door to The Gazebo. At one of the places (Napili Surf) we had a great second floor OF condo overlooking Napili Bay. If you stepped outside, it was pretty much the same view @luv_maui posted upthread. Very memorable.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous, luv_maui! Thank you for sharing! How are y'all doing now that you're out of quarantine? Are you having a really great time? I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not doing what you're doing! Living vicariously through y'all that are enjoying island life right now.

At sunset tonight

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous, luv_maui! Thank you for sharing! How are y'all doing now that you're out of quarantine? Are you having a really great time? I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not doing what you're doing! Living vicariously through y'all that are enjoying island life right now.
not quite 1 week out of quarantine, so just relaxing by pool, enjoying the sunsets, planning our few weekend dine-out meals. Roy’s will be Sunday nights. Still need to make it to Lahaina Pizza, mama’s ribs, sea house, and Teddy’s burgers. Will go to gazebo‘s weekly too. will try out some other local takeouts as well. Napili pool was actually quite nice yesterday and finally clean. It’s just odd having all 3 Napili pools to ourselves, literally so far. No chair hogs. Gotta wear the mask to & from pool. Will need to ask for bathroom cleaning supplies since tomorrow starts week 4. Will go to Costco / Safeway periodically for more supplies, and will take a couple of nice drives, but since we have time, don’t need to plan ahead. Just going with the flow, reading TUG by the pool, what more could I ask for.
image.jpg
image.jpg

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Do you go swimming / snorkeling in the ocean in front of the resort?

starrinc

Reaction score
Hi! When did the Marriott allow pool usage? Are you able to use the beaches, too? Your photos are gorgeous.
We were there until late April. Once it was at the point where you couldn’t walk along the beach, we decided to come home. We were among the last few villas of the original group that arrived in February. Everything changed around Mid March. It was definitely different but we enjoyed our time until the end. The staff handled everything really well. The weather was perfect and we just loved it. How much longer are you staying?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! When did the Marriott allow pool usage? Are you able to use the beaches, too? Your photos are gorgeous.
We were there until late April. Once it was at the point where you couldn’t walk along the beach, we decided to come home. We were among the last few villas of the original group that arrived in February. Everything changed around Mid March. It was definitely different but we enjoyed our time until the end. The staff handled everything really well. The weather was perfect and we just loved it. How much longer are you staying?

About middle of June only the Napili pools opened. Just finishing up week 3, or 1 week after quarantine. Will stay 1-4 more weeks. Beaches open. Weekends maybe a dozen surfers in front of Marriott. Although the beaches on weekends just prior to Leodas are literally full of locals. Literally packed cars on the side roads and hundreds of locals

starrinc

Reaction score
It is surely a different Maui than you are used to. We used to wish we had it to ourselves and our group of close friends, but when they left it was so different. Everyone left in mass around 3/13/20 when the Canadians were called home. It was mass exodus. We decided to stay, And things closed rapidly through the rest of March. We had everything we needed and enjoyed our time. Especially since it was still winter and cold where we came from. We could not use the gym, chaises, pool or even sit or walk along the ocean by the last week of April. That was per the Governor’s order. That was when we decided it was time to head home. It was starting to warm up there and as tough as it was to leave Maui early - We knew it was time. Have a wonderful time. Love your posts and photos.

starrinc

Reaction score
Even at the height of the quarantine the beaches were packed along the highway. No one on the resort beaches, except some of the Ali’i spring breakers, and they were shagged almost immediately. Random surfers but they couldn’t be on the beach only in the water. How many villas are occupied? I didn’t think they were taking new checkins. One of the occupants wanted to stay an additional week and they were not able to get Accommodations.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is surely a different Maui than you are used to. We used to wish we had it to ourselves and our group of close friends, but when they left it was so different. Everyone left in mass around 3/13/20 when the Canadians were called home. It was mass exodus. We decided to stay, And things closed rapidly through the rest of March. We had everything we needed and enjoyed our time. Especially since it was still winter and cold where we came from. We could not use the gym, chaises, pool or even sit or walk along the ocean by the last week of April. That was per the Governor’s order. That was when we decided it was time to head home. It was starting to warm up there and as tough as it was to leave Maui early - We knew it was time. Have a wonderful time. Love your posts and photos.

Agreed, not much open, restaurant wise or activities, but we are content with pool, beach/walks, view, Very limited restaurants and no crowds. Tomorrow we’ll make it to front street and go to Lahaina Pizza, and see how much of a ghost town it is. Maybe breakfast at Sea House and a stop at Costco ( got some bad watermelons). Easy to social distance in Lahaina / Kaanapal, but Kihei / Kahului much more open and more people. With maybe each timeshare with max/avg just a few rooms occupied, makes It difficult for a restaurant to justify staying open. Interisland quarantine lifted has increased some occupancy with even more on weekends. If covid-19 on mainland continues to get worse, maybe it would be best to stay in Hawaii, but I doubt we’ll stay more than 1-4 more weeks. Have a Small wedding to attend back home in 5 weeks

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Detour (had to go further north and drive back to restaurant since it is closed right by Gazebo) to Sea House, but made it here for breakfast

BD9ECA69-5C7F-48D7-92E2-774A8F40E653.jpeg
CEA6C02B-87B4-4CA8-B964-FA9C37FE96F5.jpeg
636E6DBB-2E8B-43B3-8EA0-DC88CC26BF95.jpeg
6B831711-7349-463E-8C71-AEE9507EA339.jpeg
ED213256-3A38-428A-BBCB-40F9988C6687.jpeg

We had the Honolua breakfast and loco moco, both excellent. Too relaxed, forgot to snap a picture of our food

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Detour (had to go further north and drive back to restaurant since it is closed right by Gazebo) to Sea House, but made it here for breakfast

View attachment 22596View attachment 22597View attachment 22598View attachment 22599View attachment 22600

We had the Honolua breakfast and loco moco, both excellent. Too relaxed, forgot to snap a picture of our food

We've enjoyed going to the Sea House for breakfast for so many years I can't remember how long. Each time I would daydream about staying at the resort there. Last year my daughter and family were going to Maui and I convinced her they MUST stay there. Thankfully they only booked three nights there because they got bored at that location.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Sorry to hijack but 6:49PM Saturday June 27th Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. Still Hawaii though!!

1593319965081.png

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
7866264B-2949-4F5C-B70F-63CD4B21F23B.jpeg
C2EBF17B-6D6F-4336-88B0-534A88AE9EB9.png
drove through front street. Very eery with most stores closed up with many boarded up. Some of the few open: Lahaina Pizza, vans, bubba humps, piartisan pizza, a jewelry store, a clothing store. Maybe a few others as we drove by picking up a pizza Lahaina Pizza, yum!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I can see my uncle's condo at the south end of the bay.
Any chance that would be at Napili Surf? We stayed there in 2001 and loved it. Just steps away from the Gazebo. The pics are bringing those memories back!