• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In quarantine Marriott Maui

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any chance that would be at Napili Surf? We stayed there in 2001 and loved it. Just steps away from the Gazebo. The pics are bringing those memories back!
Pictures taken just at Napili bay, just outside gazebo restaurant.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Any chance that would be at Napili Surf? We stayed there in 2001 and loved it. Just steps away from the Gazebo. The pics are bringing those memories back!
It's the condos just north and adjacent to Napili Surf, called Napili Bay resort.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I remember seeing those next door.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pictures taken just at Napili bay, just outside gazebo restaurant.
Yup, I remember that view so well. Cool! My family and I went snorkeling just beyond those shallows.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today they called to let us know the main super pool is opening tomorrow! Grills by Napili building were open starting earlier this week. Unlikely fitness center opens in any near future. Supposedly more guests checking in this weekend. No housekeeping. Actually had a car parked next to me this morning for the first time, in parking garage next to Napili building. underground parking only 1/2 open with top uncovered parking Coned-off

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Woot! I am totes, totes jelly. The one state in the nation where the virus is actually under control (based on the Harvard tracking data.) So worth the two weeks, esp. since you were working anyways. I hope you stay for the full seven weeks. :)

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aarrgghh! ANTS!! Lots of tiny black ants on kitchen countertop! Leaving room so they can spray. Also, housekeeping is now allowed weekly. After 4 weeks we need it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Aarrgghh! ANTS!! Lots of tiny black ants on kitchen countertop! Leaving room so they can spray. Also, housekeeping is now allowed weekly. After 4 weeks we need it.
I am so jealous of your adventure. We are trying to get a second week at either Marriott or Westin Nanea only, for 8/21. We already have Westin Nanea for 8/28. I loved that place. Looking forward to a nice two weeks. I have to figure out where to get tested before we go to Maui, so we will have the results two-three days before we go. I am determined to go.

Teddy, PM me if you see something on II for 8/21 at either Marriott or Westin Nanea. Need a 2 bedroom for my MIL to stay with us.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I am so jealous of your adventure. We are trying to get a second week at either Marriott or Westin Nanea only, for 8/21. We already have Westin Nanea for 8/28. I loved that place. Looking forward to a nice two weeks. I have to figure out where to get tested before we go to Maui, so we will have the results two-three days before we go. I am determined to go.

Teddy, PM me if you see something on II for 8/21 at either Marriott or Westin Nanea. Need a 2 bedroom for my MIL to stay with us.
My bff was telling me today that her sister and brother in law are planning to go to Alaska to visit their daughter and help with her kids. Alaska has the same requirement as Hawaii for testing. They need to get tested through Kaiser. Kaiser will allow them to be tested for travel, but won't guarantee a quick turn around on the test results. They're thinking what they may need to do is, if they don't get the test results quickly enough they'll change their fights and go when they do get the results. Is this an option you might have?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I've had that happen twice when in Maui. It's no fun.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score

Will do. Maybe (?) something will pop up or maybe this was it for inventory. So very unknown.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Main pool is open but not the slide. When have we been the only ones we see at the main pool? 1 parent and child by kiddie pools.

View attachment 22931
This trip is something you’ll always remember. You will have some great stories.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the Marriott Maui opening the main pool, but it is certainly not clean. The pool by Napili building was clean some days and not clean other days. But opening the main pool should include cleaning it first. We may go back to the smaller Napili pool. But so quiet now at main pool. Typically incredible activity , but simply none by us and probably not much activity throughout. When are there empty chairs here? And when is the hoop without shooters? And they just turned off the waterfalls by the cave surrounded by waterfalls

image.jpg
image.jpg

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple (but just 1) with their 1 child just came swimming by us. Staying at original phase (MMO) so they did open up another building! They came over from oahu.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple (but just 1) with their 1 child just came swimming by us. Staying at original phase (MMO) so they did open up another building! They came over from oahu.
How amazing your adventure has been. Being someone who has many Maui weeks I've been living vicariously through you so thank you for sharing your experience. Right now I have 4 consecutive weeks in the fall that I'm trying to re-rent for customers but if I can't i will be using myself even if by chance I would have to do what you did. As much as I would make the most of it like you did I would prefer if things just get back to some sense of normal and i can go back to dreaming that a few years from now we can spend 2 months on Maui without the fear of getting sick.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
How amazing your adventure has been. Being someone who has many Maui weeks I've been living vicariously through you so thank you for sharing your experience. Right now I have 4 consecutive weeks in the fall that I'm trying to re-rent for customers but if I can't i will be using myself even if by chance I would have to do what you did. As much as I would make the most of it like you did I would prefer if things just get back to some sense of normal and i can go back to dreaming that a few years from now we can spend 2 months on Maui without the fear of getting sick.
Yes, we would love for it to be back to normal. However, there may be a new normal for the shirt to mid term. Wishing you the best in re-renting and May next year be somewhat better for your hawaii trip next year.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jeff76543

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not bored at all. Enjoying the beauty from a distance.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Road to Hāna today. Supposedly opened and allowed, but not if you read the numerous signs by locals. All parks along the way were closed. Turned around in hana beach park. Wanted to stop at Black Sands Beach, but would’ve had to violate the closure sign, which many did, but I follow rules so we simple turned around and drove back home.

hana beach park at bottom plus other photos along the way

B3547F8B-26B0-41D6-B9AB-F2093580F7EF.jpeg
DD4A60BB-BA20-47EE-816F-E8AE76CE55D7.jpeg
D71E537C-8CF6-4DF5-ACEB-7E92A28235C1.jpeg
C0A9B4D5-7394-47B7-90B9-322A3EFA738B.jpeg