• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I got Bonvoyed - Check your status!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2nd week at WSJ last June was credited - my 1st week was not.
My SO reservation at WKORV that followed my Home Resort reservation was also not credited.
When I tried a couple of times to get credit - I was denied because they stated at the time that Vistana TS stays did not count. I sent them the section of their policies that states that they are, but gave up when I got no response and tired of calling (and being transferred to others). It became to much of a hassle and time.
(e.g. send them a copy of my invoice of my stay (again...). At first they said it was because I didn’t spend any money, I sent section of their policy that states that VSE counts. They gave me credit for 1 week at WSJ, but not other. Nite stay credits requests are week by week - so one associate gave me credit. The other... never heard back.

There is another thread about this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, pretty sucky. I went down that road beginning of 2019 as well. I tried several avenues before my Vistana nights got credited.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Although we always linked our Bonvoy-# to every reservation, we have never received NIGHTS-STAY credit for TS-Resort-Stays.
However, we always received Points for $-Spent [except Harborside & Bangkok].
After trying a few times for the Night-Credit I gave up.

No longer have an incentive to bother to fight for something that's meaningless to us.
Since I have Platinum-For-Life [effectively Titanium-For-Live vis Marriott-TS] the Nights-Stayed don't matter as much except of the 50-Night & 75-Night gifts [Upgrade-Certificates].

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have lifetime Platinum Elite status through hotel stays. I transferred the Platinum Elite Status for being 5 Star Vistana to my wife. I checked her status when this thread was started and she had been downgraded to Silver Elite. We wrote to customer service through the Marriott site. At first, their response was to explain the different Marriott elite levels. A reply to that e-mail was not answered, but now my wife shows up as Platinum Elite again, so the problem was corrected.

blondietink

Reaction score
I have a free night from my American Express card, but it expires on April 17th. Wonder if they will extend that, since many hotels are not within our reach right now since we are in a state that has stay at home orders.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call their main number and ask. 800-MARRIOTT (800-627-7468).

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I have a free night from my American Express card, but it expires on April 17th. Wonder if they will extend that, since many hotels are not within our reach right now since we are in a state that has stay at home orders.

Per Marriott's website:
  • Active Free Night Awards (as part of a credit card benefit, Annual Choice Benefit, Promotion or Travel Package) with an expiration starting March 1, 2020 will be extended through January 31, 2021. The system will automatically complete the updates by the end of April 2020.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Per Marriott's website:
  • Active Free Night Awards (as part of a credit card benefit, Annual Choice Benefit, Promotion or Travel Package) with an expiration starting March 1, 2020 will be extended through January 31, 2021. The system will automatically complete the updates by the end of April 2020.

I called Marriott today about this and also was told that suite night awards expiring 12/31/20 will now be expiring 12/31/21.

When I inquired if our status levels would be extended another year as well, I was told that a decision hasn’t yet been made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I called Marriott today about this and also was told that suite night awards expiring 12/31/20 will now be expiring 12/31/21.

Did you call anticipating something different than what is on their website? Just curious...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Did you call anticipating something different than what is on their website? Just curious...

Yes, I called for a completely different reason. Thanks for asking. It went well, too.

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
My account was downgraded to Silver Elite, I have both developer & resale properties.
weird, I'm a relatively new developer owner without enough hotel stays for anything, and I'm Gold Elite...

Per Marriott's website:

I used a certificate for a night this coming week. I cancelled a couple weeks ago and it hasn't returned. I only just exchanged an email, but will call if it's not resolved in a couple days.

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
weird, I'm a relatively new developer owner without enough hotel stays for anything, and I'm Gold Elite...

I used a certificate for a night this coming week. I cancelled a couple weeks ago and it hasn't returned. I only just exchanged an email, but will call if it's not resolved in a couple days.
This also happened to me after the merger when we switched from Starwood to Marriott accounts. It took a whole lot of phone calls to both Vistana & Marriott to fix so I’m not looking forward to going through that again.

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
I gave up trying to get credit for 14 nites I stayed at Vistana resorts (WKORV and WSJ) in 2019.
They just made it too difficult.
I don’t plan on staying at MAR hotels anytime soon.

They told me that I don't receive night stays for units I trade through II or RCI.

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
Just ended a call with Vistana who got a Bonvoy representative on the line. All are in agreement that I should be Platinum as a 5 Star owner. Bonvoy also confirmed that they grant Lifetime status to Vistana owners so that they are not required to have the annual stay requirement and risk getting downgraded for not meeting the regular stay requirements.

Bonvoy is opening a case as it seems their algorithm only looked at stays and not ownership or other Lifetime status when performing the annual status evaluations that take place in March of each year. Seems that due to this algorithm other owners may have been downgraded where they did not meet the regular stay requirement and their ownership was ignored.

Was told this would be resolved in 3 to 5 business days.

Again, everyone should be checking their Bonvoy status, particularly where your status is via ownership and not annual stays.

How do you find out if you are a Vistana 5 star owner?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They told me that I don't receive night stays for units I trade through II or RCI.

This inconsistency is really alarming and shows a complete lack of proper training. You absolutely receive night credits for trades via II (I haven’t used RCI, but I can’t imagine it also doesn’t include this benefit). Ask again.

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
This inconsistency is really alarming and shows a complete lack of proper training. You absolutely receive night credits for trades via II (I haven’t used RCI, but I can’t imagine it also doesn’t include this benefit). Ask again.

Really???? Whom should I ask? Bonvoy or Vistana? I have never received nights credits on my Bonvoy or SPG account :( Maybe because I purchased mine as a resale? but how would they even know that.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Really???? Whom should I ask? Bonvoy or Vistana? I have never received nights credits on my Bonvoy or SPG account :( Maybe because I purchased mine as a resale? but how would they even know that.

Ask again. Be firm that you are entitled to the credit. Bonvoy.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Makes no difference if you purchased resale, you should still get credit.

Rascalsmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where can I find these policies? Have an upcoming trip I'd like to give a shot to getting credited.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Where can I find these policies? Have an upcoming trip I'd like to give a shot to getting credited.
It is in the Bonvoy Terms and Conditions. No need for that though, just add your Bonvoy number at checkin.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I have yet to have a Vistana stay show up automatically on Marriott.com. I also have had to fight and then give up on getting elite night credit after SVV stays. I am lifetime platinum and would rarely get even close to 50 nights in a year to qualify for any of their elite level "gifts".
The booking manager (Janer Vásquez) at Westin Lagunamar took care of this for us. This will let us reach titanium level before the end of the year.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
As a 5 star owner I have been a Lifetime Platinum status holder with Bonvoy since the merger. This benefit continues to be advertised as a benefit of ownership at this level. On Monday I was downgraded to Gold and I have been told by Bonvoy that only Vistana can rectify this. Really, I have to work to resolve this with Vistana when the Bonvoy systems show I was “Lifetime Platinum” last week. I have sent an email and tried to call Vistana, but as you might expect they have a few other things going on at this time. I will try again to call tomorrow. In the meantime, is anyone else experiencing an improper downgrade? Maybe I misunderstood whose Lifetime was the measure for how Bonvoy defines lifetime status.

Yes, but I had just the opposite occur. I was upgraded to Ambassador lifetime status. Hope you get it fixed.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I have yet to have a Vistana stay show up automatically on Marriott.com. I also have had to fight and then give up on getting elite night credit after SVV stays. I am lifetime platinum and would rarely get even close to 50 nights in a year to qualify for any of their elite level "gifts".
I also have problems getting my stay credits applied to my account. Marriott says I have to go through Vistana to update. Even when I send them my receipts it doesn’t get done. I’m dropping my Bonvoy Brilliant card at renewal.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have problems getting my stay credits applied to my account. Marriott says I have to go through Vistana to update. Even when I send them my receipts it doesn’t get done. I’m dropping my Bonvoy Brilliant card at renewal.

They could be referring to updating your Bonvoy number in your Vistana account. When SPG migrated over to Bonvoy, despite doing all the alignment required in the SPG and Bonvoy systems, Vistana's system didn't quite pick up the correct information. For about 6 months, despite seeing a Bonvoy number in my Vistana account online, none of my Vistana stays would post (or show up in my Bonvoy "Trips" list). I called Vistana, asked them to delete the number in the system and re-enter my Bonvoy number. Ever since all stays post with credit and all upcoming reservations show up in "My Trips" on my Bonvoy profile.

As to getting credit retroactively, yes, this is a total PITA as post-stay these trips show as a promotional rate, which technically doesn't qualify for Bonvoy credit. Takes a LOT of effort to get someone to understand this was a timeshare stay, timeshare stays are indeed eligible and to then get them to manually post the credit.