• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Maui

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
The new HGV on Maui in Kihei (Maui Bay Villas) is either taking or about to start taking deposits from certain people. I had expressed an interest when it was first announced so I've been kept up to date and have received the offer. Initially only 1 and 2 BR, resort view and partial ocean view rooms are available. I was asked not to post prices so I won't. Suffice to say that they are developer prices, with various offers associated! (For instance, if you bought something on the resale market they'll credit you that amount and take that back and apply it to this purchase, which is helpful to be sure own in, say, Hawaii already.) The premier ocean view and 3-BR rooms will not be available for a while, time frame unknown. I am told these are being aggressively priced for the initial presale. That comes from a sales person, of course. Point values range from 9300 to 14400.

I note in the renderings that the kitchen lacks any "bar" or barrier between the kitchen and the dinning table. That's a big negative for me in design, as there is very little counter space. Of course, it is also not AT the ocean (like, for instance, Marriott Maui Ocean Club), it is across the street. And it is not in either Wailea or Kaanapali, it's basically in a residential area of Kehei close to the ocean. It seems you'd have to drive to any restaurants, golf, shopping, etc. The satellite view doesn't show a lot of beach and I'm not sure what the beach situation is.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I know where this property is, we drive by it all the time when we stay in Kihei. I've even been to luau there, when it was the Maui Lu back in 1968, the first time I visited Hawaii.

When we were there end of February, beginning March, it didn't look like anything had been built yet. There is fencing around the property so it's hard to see, but it looked mostly like a big hole in the ground. The property is across the street from the beach. This seems to bother some people a lot in that they'd have to cross the street to get to the beach. Currently there is a cross walk, but no light, or even blinking lights.

We happen to love Kihei, we've owned there since 1987. We are at the south end closer to Wailea. We even have to get in our car to get to the grocery store or restaurants. We've never stayed anywhere on the islands where we didn't need a car to do this.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I think the area is in Kihei near the Wailea border next the the Kamaole Park 3 boat ramp. Is the Five Palms restaurant still next door or is that the space Hilton purchased? Five Palms had an ocean view and had good sunset dinners. Do you know if it is going to be HGVC or their Club timeshare?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I think the area is in Kihei near the Wailea border next the the Kamaole Park 3 boat ramp. Is the Five Palms restaurant still next door or is that the space Hilton purchased? Five Palms had an ocean view and had good sunset dinners. Do you know if it is going to be HGVC or their Club timeshare?
No, it's at the other end of Kihei.

We own at Maui Lea at Maui Hill and that is in the location you're talking about, right across from the Five Palms restaurant. The new Hilton is about 5 miles north of that.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
No, it's at the other end of Kihei.

We own at Maui Lea at Maui Hill and that is in the location you're talking about, right across from the Five Palms restaurant. The new Hilton is about 5 miles north of that.
Gotcha. Thanks for the geography redirection. Nora

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new HGV on Maui in Kihei (Maui Bay Villas) is either taking or about to start taking deposits from certain people. I had expressed an interest when it was first announced so I've been kept up to date and have received the offer. Initially only 1 and 2 BR, resort view and partial ocean view rooms are available. I was asked not to post prices so I won't. Suffice to say that they are developer prices, with various offers associated! (For instance, if you bought something on the resale market they'll credit you that amount and take that back and apply it to this purchase, which is helpful to be sure own in, say, Hawaii already.) The premier ocean view and 3-BR rooms will not be available for a while, time frame unknown. I am told these are being aggressively priced for the initial presale. That comes from a sales person, of course. Point values range from 9300 to 14400.

I note in the renderings that the kitchen lacks any "bar" or barrier between the kitchen and the dinning table. That's a big negative for me in design, as there is very little counter space. Of course, it is also not AT the ocean (like, for instance, Marriott Maui Ocean Club), it is across the street. And it is not in either Wailea or Kaanapali, it's basically in a residential area of Kehei close to the ocean. It seems you'd have to drive to any restaurants, golf, shopping, etc. The satellite view doesn't show a lot of beach and I'm not sure what the beach situation is.

Can you post more details on the points chart? Have they given you any indication on opening date?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Can you post more details on the points chart? Have they given you any indication on opening date?
There are only four room types initially available. 1-BR and 2-BR, resort view and partial open view. Points are 9300 and 12,600 for 1BR (MF=$2084), 12,600 and 14,400 for 2BR (MF=$2995).

Not a specific opening date, no. But they require payment within sixty days and said they only have a "handful" available initially. (Which suggests to me there is a lot of construction still to come, making early owning even that much less desirable.)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for posting @csodjd this helpful information. I presume the pricing is in line with Ocean Tower pre-construction prices I was offered? (approx $80k to $129k++).

The points values seem worse for Maui. $2084 for 1 Bdrm and $2995 for a 2 bdrm partial ocean view. The Westin Kaanapalis range from $2400 - $2700 for 2bdrm OF, OV, IV. I believe Marriott Kaanapali are in the same range.

Plus I presume these are developer subsidized MF so we could expect those to rise after they sell out?

Either way, I will be happy to trade into this property when it becomes available.

Last edited:

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @csodjd!

Agree, looks a bit rich. Disappointed to see the points so high, but can't say I'm surprised...however, I think they're overstretching for non and partial ocean view units across the street from the beach. Totally agree that it will be nice to occasionally exchange into this resort....but not too often at those rates.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That's true. As we know the Westins and Marriott Kaanapali are right on the beach. You can also walk to restaurants on the boardwalk. You can also walk to grocery from the Westin properties. I wonder if they will offer a free shuttle to Kaanapali and Lahaina like the Westins. I find that very convenient.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
MF are a lot more than Kings Land for the same points, I pay about $1900 for 14,400 points. I doubt if I will be visiting this location, and wouldn’t even consider a resale purchase.

They will need to have a super pool like Kings Land to make it a resort stay experience since the location is not convenient to other options in the area. Some of the early concepts I saw had a resort pool and a beach pool.

It sounds like they are building from the back out to the front. I suspect it will be the main pool with units around the pool, expanding out from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Thanks, @csodjd!

Agree, looks a bit rich. Disappointed to see the points so high, but can't say I'm surprised...however, I think they're overstretching for non and partial ocean view units across the street from the beach. Totally agree that it will be nice to occasionally exchange into this resort....but not too often at those rates.
I'm with you on that. As I told the agent, I'm not sure why I would spend that kind of money for this property and not spend less to buy a second 2-BR oceanfront at the Marriott (I already have a week there), especially since I already have 24,000+ HGV points at Lagoon Tower. And those MF fees would pay for a rental easily enough if I want to stay in Maui longer, and put me walking distance from restaurants, golf, strolls along the beach, bars, etc.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the location and was originally thinking it would be a nice change of pace from Kaanapali where we've been staying for 20 years. There's a public bus that goes straight down Kihei Rd that would provide access to quite a few places to eat in the area. It's not a "resort-like" as Kaanapali, but there are some great places to eat. Combined with easier access to Wailea (if you have a car), I think it's a decent location. That said, I just don't think it can command a premium over the Kaanapali area resorts (no matter how "super" the pool ;) ).

Regardless, it will be nice to have another option in Hawaii and if they can get units online, I think the inventory will take some pressure off all the points being banked this year and next.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
That's true. As we know the Westins and Marriott Kaanapali are right on the beach. You can also walk to restaurants on the boardwalk. You can also walk to grocery from the Westin properties. I wonder if they will offer a free shuttle to Kaanapali and Lahaina like the Westins. I find that very convenient.
I would think if they offered a free shuttle it would be to Wailea, or maybe into Kihei.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
You better really want to go to Maui to pay those fees. The Maui maintenance fees are always so high because the property tax.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
The new HGV on Maui in Kihei (Maui Bay Villas) is either taking or about to start taking deposits from certain people. I had expressed an interest when it was first announced so I've been kept up to date and have received the offer.

I was also interested in this HGV Maui property but could never figure out who to contact. (I actually started a thread a few months ago on this also.) Do you know or have information on who to contact to get more info on this new Kihei resort? We'll be in Maui starting Feb 12, 2021 and would be interested in seeing if we can get a promotional offer to stay on property assuming they can get the place open on time. Or even take a tour of the property.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I was also interested in this HGV Maui property but could never figure out who to contact. (I actually started a thread a few months ago on this also.) Do you know or have information on who to contact to get more info on this new Kihei resort? We'll be in Maui starting Feb 12, 2021 and would be interested in seeing if we can get a promotional offer to stay on property assuming they can get the place open on time. Or even take a tour of the property.
Here is the individual that reached out to me with information about purchasing:

Michael Greggo

Luxury Vacation Counselor, President’s Circle
T 808-942-2345 C 602-330-5199
1811 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96815
E michael.greggo@hgv.com W hiltongrandvacations.com

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
Thanks! Info much appreciated.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
To the OP,

Did they send you a brochure or anything electronic that you can post here (and yet not include the pricing?) I'd love to see the renderings for the units. I am also a fan of Kihei and love the beaches in South Maui. This will be an interesting project to monitor. Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

chiflado

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower, Kings' Land, Las Vegas Blvd
Just read that tentative opening date for HGV Maui is Q1 2022

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
To the OP,

Did they send you a brochure or anything electronic that you can post here (and yet not include the pricing?) I'd love to see the renderings for the units. I am also a fan of Kihei and love the beaches in South Maui. This will be an interesting project to monitor. Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg
No brochure. Just this link:

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...ui-bay-villas-by-hilton-grand-vacations-club/

In looking at the pictures we were quite unimpressed with the kitchen layout. Almost no counter space. No serving area. It also doesn't show any balcony or outside area, though can't be sure from a rendering. And though they show nice ocean views, that's not available now, and I'm a bit skeptical since the actual hotel is not on the ocean, but across the street from it. Suffice to say that I was underwhelmed. With MF of ~$3k for a 2BR partial ocean view, I could RENT an ocean FRONT 2BR at the Marriott for every year for the next 25 years before approaching my break even point.

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
No brochure. Just this link:

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...ui-bay-villas-by-hilton-grand-vacations-club/

In looking at the pictures we were quite unimpressed with the kitchen layout. Almost no counter space. No serving area. It also doesn't show any balcony or outside area, though can't be sure from a rendering. And though they show nice ocean views, that's not available now, and I'm a bit skeptical since the actual hotel is not on the ocean, but across the street from it. Suffice to say that I was underwhelmed. With MF of ~$3k for a 2BR partial ocean view, I could RENT an ocean FRONT 2BR at the Marriott for every year for the next 25 years before approaching my break even point.

OMG!!! The link you shared shows the high end of the purchase price range at $499k. The break even point is probably somewhere in 2222. My Great Great Great Great Great Grandchildren will love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
OMG!!! The link you shared shows the high end of the purchase price range at $499k. The break even point is probably somewhere in 2222. My Great Great Great Great Great Grandchildren will love it

Yeah, but, it's close to the ocean.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are right, I did not want to belief it at first:
Per the link on the members website: Prices range from $30,900 - $499,990

$500k for one week Maui? PLUS an ever increasing annual MF???
I did not know that COVID can also attack the area of the brain that deals with financial sanity...