• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC new loyalty tiers for direct owners

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
my sales person told me that open season was “not for me” and that I should worry about “legitimatizing” my ownership by upgrading...

Open season is not for me, either. I don't like no-refund, no-change.
I'd rather stay in a hotel room I can cancel, unless I know I'm going.

OTOH, I also prefer being illegitimate. Perhaps I'm just weird that way.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
This is a draft / not yet official guide to the new tiers.
This has been reported in several other threads already. My personal take is to wait until it is officially released. I don't understand why HGV is leaking unofficial information.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
they "leak" a bunch of crap and check the reaction. If people really go negative on it, they move to scenario two, etc. If they commit in an ironclad way, and it causes a terrible pushback, they are stuck. This way they can gauge how much they can get away with. Just my guess.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Excellent find! As you can see on that page, there is the new MAX tiers and separate HGVC tiers (aka legacy Elite levels), which are still Elite, Elite Plus, and Elite Premier. It looks like the benefits of the HGVC tiers has pretty much stayed the same. To me, that is good news.

Kurt

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
They aren’t selling that as an HGVC product. Could they in the future? Sure, but HGVC is still in the business of selling deeds.

They are selling it as a "Hilton Vacations Club" product - all (formerly) Diamond points products now sold get you access to "HGV Max" which entitles you to access to both the Diamond resorts trust properties AND HGVC properties (albeit the latter at what appears to be a shortened 6 month window).

This was one of the main purposes of the acquisition - Hilton Vacations Club gained access to a points product they could start selling immediately. The only work they had to do was create some sort of internal exchange system so they could "sell" it all as one big wonderful package.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent find! As you can see on that page, there is the new MAX tiers and separate HGVC tiers (aka legacy Elite levels), which are still Elite, Elite Plus, and Elite Premier. It looks like the benefits of the HGVC tiers has pretty much stayed the same. To me, that is good news.

Kurt
...for now. I wonder how long they will continue with separate tiers? Nothing prevents them from changing the (legacy) Elite program to match what they're rolling out for HGVMax.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
They are selling it as a "Hilton Vacations Club" product - all (formerly) Diamond points products now sold get you access to "HGV Max" which entitles you to access to both the Diamond resorts trust properties AND HGVC properties (albeit the latter at what appears to be a shortened 6 month window).

This was one of the main purposes of the acquisition - Hilton Vacations Club gained access to a points product they could start selling immediately. The only work they had to do was create some sort of internal exchange system so they could "sell" it all as one big wonderful package.

Yes, understand they are selling trust points on the DRI/HVC side. As of right now, they are still selling deeds on the HGVC side. I also understand that each sales center has the ability to sell both sides. Yes, they can lie about what they are selling.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges

Kurt
I will say though that GT75 had an interesting observation that you can only get to that link by searching for it directly. You can't browse to it...I have tried to reverse engineer the browse and can't get to it so that is odd. It is on their page though but you have to know it is there and google it or use a direct link versus browse to it from the other content.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, understand they are selling trust points on the DRI/HVC side. As of right now, they are still selling deeds on the HGVC side. I also understand that each sales center has the ability to sell both sides. Yes, they can lie about what they are selling.

1) I don't see any "lie" insinuated - it sounds like one of the posters here was offered to "upgrade" to HGVMax by trading in their HGVC deeds (plus cash) in exchange for some number of HGVMax points. Where is the lie in that? Is it a good idea, probably not (certainly not for me), but simply offering deeded week owners the option to turn in their deeds as part of an "upgrade" into HGVMax, doesn't make it a "lie."

2) your initial response was "they aren't selling that as an HGVC product" - what's the difference? If HGVMax points legitimately gives an owner access to HGVC (at a 6 month/60/30day window) it is an "HGVC product". Yes, I fully understand that all currently existing HGVC resorts are only being sold as a deeded week, that doesn't mean it's the sole "HGVC product" on offer.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1) I don't see any "lie" insinuated - it sounds like one of the posters here was offered to "upgrade" to HGVMax by trading in their HGVC deeds (plus cash) in exchange for some number of HGVMax points. Where is the lie in that? Is it a good idea, probably not (certainly not for me), but simply offering deeded week owners the option to turn in their deeds as part of an "upgrade" into HGVMax, doesn't make it a "lie."

2) your initial response was "they aren't selling that as an HGVC product" - what's the difference? If HGVMax points legitimately gives an owner access to HGVC (at a 6 month/60/30day window) it is an "HGVC product". Yes, I fully understand that all currently existing HGVC resorts are only being sold as a deeded week, that doesn't mean it's the sole "HGVC product" on offer.

1. I didn't see it as a lie either. The person I replied to was worried they were going to try and sneak an HGVC points program instead of a Grand Islander deed (which, as I'm sure you know is pretty valuable). They haven't started that program yet. While I know what you are trying to get at, we aren't there yet as there has been no mention of any points only on this side of the house. In fact, the only time we have heard that it was going to a points system is from salesman. The big issue I was trying to address was the worry of the $0.22 MF per points. That was pure speculation.

2. But there is a differentiation. Those points sold from the other side are not HGVC, they are HVC. As of right now, HGV Max is only a cross platform membership that does not give the same rights to both sides of the company. They are, and as far as what has been said publicly by the leaders of HGV, will remain separate. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't agree with the idea. I have a very hard time believing that potential HGV Max points from the HGVC side would ever have a 6 month window in HGVC, just like HVC points (DRI) would ever have only a 6 month window on that side. In fact, in DRI they can't. The rules of the trust are very definite on what they can and can't do. You just can't take weeks out of a trust (DRI Trust) and add them to another with out replacing them. This means that those people who bought into the HVC trust have the same window they always have had.

We can get pedantic all we want, but right now, they are not selling an HGVC points program. They are selling HVC Trust points that have their own rules and perks that can be used at 6 months at HGVC. The biggest issue I have with this whole thing is the fact that salesman are allowed to set the narrative and spew just about anything they want to scare people to buy. The person I replied to was caught in the speculation (in a good way).

I really do appreciate your points of view and from a certain point of view, you are absolutely correct. We may or may not be heading into a trust program with HGVC. Anything is possible. A vacation club type of points arrangement (without a trust) will fall flat on it's face and HGV Leadership know that.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Hmmmmm. I wonder if the note on the bottom about the Registry Collection no longer being available could be an indication that RCI may not be in HGV’s future???

I am not going to read much into what is said on the sales floor on elite benefits …. but it may be a small tell.

And I will reply to my own post saying it was baseless speculation. In the updated benefits @PigsDad posted, the Registry Collection remains a benefit at the very top level.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Has anyone else noticed that the new Hilton Vacation Club properties like Sedona Summit do not appear on the HGVC owner or DRI public website, but are on the Hilton.com website?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
See Resorts and Destinations on HGV public website:

Arizona (Sedona & Scottsdale), California (Lake Tahoe), Virginia (Williamsburg & Virginia Beach)

Tennessee is missing a resort listing.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
See Resorts and Destinations on HGV public website:

Arizona (Sedona & Scottsdale), California (Lake Tahoe), Virginia (Williamsburg & Virginia Beach)

Tennessee is missing a resort listing.
They are on this page but not on the HGVC member site to actually book.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are on this page but not on the HGVC member site to actually book.
Right, from what I can tell they can only be booked on Hilton.com. I wonder if they are still bookable on the DRI member site?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Correct. Those resorts won't be on the HGVC website to book. Eventually, there will be a new HGV MAX website that will allow bookings.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Correct. Those resorts won't be on the HGVC website to book. Eventually, there will be a new HGV MAX website that will allow bookings.
I have to believe that DRI owners still have access to book, at least those the that collection.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander
Here they are from the other thread,

in these charts, it looks like your HGVMax tier is based solely on total club points, without regard to how they were purchased. Do we know if those point tiers for new loyalty program are for “qualified points”, or once you’re a max member, it’s just your total point value and they don’t care if it’s resale or not.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
in these charts, it looks like your HGVMax tier is based solely on total club points, without regard to how they were purchased. Do we know if those point tiers for new loyalty program are for “qualified points”, or once you’re a max member, it’s just your total point value and they don’t care if it’s resale or not.

They are developer bought.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I have to believe that DRI owners still have access to book, at least those the that collection.

I asked one of the DRI Facebook groups. All responses claimed to still have access to the HGV properties.

Years ago we did a DRI presentation, that involved screaming and shouting, that carried on to the floor above us. Our main salesman convinced another, that we would be easy targets to buy the sampler, then bet money on it that this agent wouldn't being able to pull it off. 2nd agent, after being told no, "What?? He said you guys would be easy!! He tricked me out of $50! NOOOO, I'm going to get him, where are you at!!!!..."

I joined the Facebook group after, just to read more stories.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"Fasten your seatbelts. Its going to be a bumpy night."
-- Betty Davis in "All About Eve" (1950)

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess that we should have gotten screen shots from that page and to compare to what it ends up. Funny that they removed it and didn't update the publish date on the article. They must have lurkers on TUG and/or FB where it was posted. This is a a footnote on the page though: *HGV Max benefit available late 2022. Existing Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members retain current Hilton Honors Conversion.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Elite Premier Legacy Owner who is trying to keep up with all the news.

1)Is there any confirmation that the HGVMax Program Tiers and Elite Legacy tiers will be completely separate moving forward? I have seen conflicting info from all of the posts i have seen.

2)Is there a post anywhere where an HGVC member was allowed to upgrade his membership for $7000 without a new property puchase?

3)Is there an actual complete launch date of Max other than summer?

We are headed to HGVC in July and Possibly late June. Trying ot decide if we get hooked in to a presentation or not since it seems like everything is still so unsettled.