• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGV Max in the Club Reference Guide

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
(This is my post from a different thread. I figure this should have a post in it’s own.)

Looks like it’s $7000 to join HGV Max without a developer purchase. Here is a screenshot of the reference page from my account.
1577541A-FBD9-4F95-ADAE-03F444068658.jpeg

Here’s another statement from the reference page about resale.

509B95C1-EDBC-44B2-A998-5D43D3635DC8.jpeg

Does this mean if you own resale you can’t be part of HGVMax or does it mean the purchase doesn’t qualify?

To me, it doesn’t matter. We won’t buy from the developer nor will we pay $7000 to join. I’m really disappointed in HGV, but not surprised. The desire to soak owners for even more money is too great. There will be plenty of people who will join and they will make their money, but all of the speculation a year ago was correct, this merger is a negative for many owners.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The thing I see here that looks likely to devalue what I own is HGV Max owners having "unlimited home resort priority."

I assume that means in a matter of time until us commoners will not be visiting Ocean Oak, Lagoon Tower, or ski resorts in ski season unless we own there.

I perceive the value of my Vegas ownership going down soon.

If I owned Ocean Oak and was eligible for HGV Max, I would think about purchasing.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMHO...At $7k I believe they are going to sell a lot of these. Most buyers are not Tuggers and won't know the downsides of a 6 month reservation especially since there is no other MF obligation beyond the higher club fee (which is a nice annuity stream for HGV).

Compared to the crazy $20 - $30k buy-in + high DP annual MF cited in the MVC/Vistana boards, anything under $10k as a one time cost is not bad.

Diamond Owners: Does Diamond have the equivalent of last minute Open Season Rates? Are they worth it? Is there is availability at 6 months for Cabo Azul, Maui and Sedona during regular season.

For us, Max could be a good strategy to get access without more MF. Once enrolled, we could buy another resale for more points to use in the Max program. (We already have a retail unit so qualify for MAX and already pay the higher AI fee so no change). Unless they provide us with a great deal, it seems we could hold off and call and enroll in the program just before we want to stay at a Diamond property vs. buying right now. So can wait and see how this turns out in terms of availability before pulling the trigger.

I expect the Diamond program for Diamond owners may be similar at 6 months (with the exception of bHC windows), but may require the purchase of additional points unless Diamond Elite. To get 9 months HGVC club, they would need to convert to HGV with a Diamond trust trade-in value.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the mechanism under HGV Max to maintain a balance of inventory between HGVC and DRI?

For example:

Assume 10,000 buy HGV Max from the DRI side and 5,000 buy HGV Max on the HGVC side. In the first year, there are 5,000 HGVC units reserved by DRI members utilizing HGV Max. In the same year 2,500 DRI units are booked by HGVC owners using HGV Max.

In order to maintain integrity in each system, it seems to me there has to be a balanced amount of inventory moving in both directions. I don't understand how that is assured to happen under this system.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
DRI has had a 60 Day Booking at 50% off normal Points. We have been able to Book KBC using this option for a September visit. It was a Mountain View.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
For us, Max could be a good strategy to get access without more MF.

I could possibly see the value here since added MFs for a separate DRI resale would eventually catch up with the $7K...except for the 6-month window. Would we really be able to get what we want (and we'd mainly be interested in Point@Poipu and KBC, although with good flexibility for travel dates).

Cheers.

Wolfepack88

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Islander
No chance I'm paying another dime into this. I paid developer (as a crazy researcher I failed to do research on this when I came back from Hawaii in time) for my Grand Islander digs. All paid off and so a *bleep* ton of water under the bridge but giving them another 7k, no chance no way. We will just make our annual trek to hawaii for 20 more years and still not break even (shoot me now).

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The thing I see here that looks likely to devalue what I own is HGV Max owners having "unlimited home resort priority."

I assume that means in a matter of time until us commoners will not be visiting Ocean Oak, Lagoon Tower, or ski resorts in ski season unless we own there.

I perceive the value of my Vegas ownership going down soon.

If I owned Ocean Oak and was eligible for HGV Max, I would think about purchasing.

I read that differently. I think it says you can make as many home resort reservations in bHC properties.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard

We need more information on this topic. The club reference does not define what this means, so we should expect an update. From its current state, since "Home Resort Priority reservations are only available to Owners at these select resorts:", whatever "unlimited home resort priority" is, it applies to certain BHC properties only. We'll find out soon.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@dayooper. Interesting interpretation but I don't believe that is the case with some NYC buyers paying $100k+ to have access to NYC.

I see this similar to the MVC/Vistana situation. If you own where you go to get preferential access there is very little incentive to trade and participate in the trading system since you pay a higher MF for your unit. That's like trading a Mercedes for a Chevy. Most OF owners at MVC Maui and Westin Maui either use or rent out for a profit and don't participate in the points programs. Similarly I don't like to trade our expensive NYC access for other properties. That is what our Vegas trader is for!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@dayooper. Interesting interpretation but I don't believe that is the case with some NYC buyers paying $100k+ to have access to NYC.

I see this similar to the MVC/Vistana situation. If you own where you go to get preferential access there is very little incentive to trade and participate in the trading system since you pay a higher MF for your unit. That's like trading a Mercedes for a Chevy. Most OF owners at MVC Maui and Westin Maui either use or rent out for a profit and don't participate in the points programs. Similarly I don't like to trade our expensive NYC access for other properties. That is what our Vegas trader is for!

I wasn’t clear in what I was trying to say. I think that a bHC owner who purchases into HGV max will have the HGV Max membership and that will cover the club dues and AI bookings for their bHC ownership as well. No extra fee for AI. That would cover club bookings and home resort reservations. I think @escanoe was saying that the home resort priority, like a W57th owner has at their property would.

Here is a snapshot of the new points booking showing the window at a South Carolina resort:

0B8E7DAE-9CF2-4AA1-8138-D1D77D1EC7A3.jpeg

No home resort priority window. Compare that to W57th:

0F7A3533-8B0A-4849-8CA4-4E7D78DD15F6.jpeg

The HGV Max reservations start the same as a Legacy HGVC owners Club Season. There was some question in a different thread (or higher up in this thread) about what the window would be for an HGV Max member.

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read that differently. I think it says you can make as many home resort reservations in bHC properties.

Home Resort Priority reservations are made at a Member’s Home Resort in any unit type available subject to Member ClubPoints availability, minimum booking requirements and accommodation availability. During the Home Resort Priority Reservation Window, Members will only compete for reservations with other Owners at that resort. After the Home Resort Priority Window ends, Members may still make Home Resort reservations, subject to availability.
Home Resort Priority reservations may only be made using ClubPoints associated with the specific ownership interest at that resort.
Home Resort Priority reservations are only available to Owners at these select resorts: • At West 57th Street, a Hilton Club, (also known as 57th Street Vacation Suites) the Home Resort Priority Window begins nine (9) months (276 days) prior to the check-out date and ends sixty (60) days in advance of the check-out date. One-night minimum booking required. • At The Residences, a Hilton Club; (also known as HC Suites), The District, a Hilton Club; (also known as TD Suites), The Central at 5th, a Hilton Club; (also known as 48th Street Vacation Suites) and The Quin, a Hilton Club; (also known as Central Park Vacation Suites), the Home Resort Priority Window begins nine (9) months (276 days) prior to the check-out date and ends 105 days prior to the check-out date. One-night minimum booking required. Home Resort Priority reservations may be offered at additional resorts in the future or during the first year that a resort is available for occupancy through the Club. Home Resort Priority Windows may change from time to time.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chicago is now considered an urban resort and has changed the reservation window to match the NYC and DC properties. Here are the old reservation windows from 2020:

1BCA8FC4-79A7-4843-9686-2363E35DEFF9.jpeg

Club season starts at 276 days. The new windows are like W57th:

0AD9A7B5-309E-46B1-9832-045A2BBD5C67.jpeg

Chicago now has a home resort priority at 276 days while club season starts at 59 days.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@dayooper Thanks. That makes sense. So they are now publishing these windows on the site?

If so, where are you seeing this because I do not see an HGV Max window on the resorts that I checked.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you! The Club Points charts on the resort webpages have not been updated yet.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Good, so that means that DRI members who purchase into HGV Max will be able to book normal HGVC at 6-month mark and HGVC member will still be able to book at 9-month mark. I don't have a problem with that.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Overall, for HGV (sales) I see this change as positive because they now have an integrated system between HGV & DRI and they will be able to show a lot more places to go. Now, for owners, I am not sure that it will be that positive. IMO, the change is purely for sales.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC Memberships:

Members eligible to receive HGV Max benefits are referred to as “HGV Max Members.”
Persons may become HGV Max members as described below:
i Initial Membership. Persons who purchase an ownership interest at a Hilton Grand Vacations resort from an HGV Max authorized sales center and join Hilton Grand Vacations Club after launch of HGV Max shall automatically receive HGV Max benefits.
ii. Additional Purchase. Persons who were Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members prior to the launch of HGV Max and upgrade their Hilton Grand Vacations ownership interest or otherwise purchase an additional Hilton Grand Vacations ownership interest after the launch shall automatically receive HGV Max benefits.
iii.Ala Carte Membership. Other Members may have the option to acquire HGV Max benefits by paying a one-time HGV Max initiation fee. Members who obtain HGV Max benefits by means of an additional purchase or ala carte membership as described in items ii and iii above, shall be grandfathered into certain Club benefits and programs and may be referred to as “HGV Max Legacy Members.”

Members who do not qualify for HGV Max benefits may be referred to as “HGVClub Legacy Members.”

HGV Max Members, HGV Max Legacy Members and HGVClub Legacy Members are all “Members.”

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGV Max Reservations.
At six months (186) days prior to check-in, HGV Max Members may utilize ClubPoints to request an exchange into any resort available within the exchange program known as “The Club” operated by Diamond Resorts International Club, Inc.