• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Wanting to Rescind GEVC TS Purchased this morning! What needs to be in the letter?

k048409

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GEVC/RCI?
Hi! My fiancé and I purchased a GEVC/RCI Timeshare/membership program this morning. Immediately after getting in the car, we had second thoughts. I found the info below on how to send a Letter of Rescission but there aren't any details on what needs to be in it. Does anyone else have experience with canceling a time share with GEVC/RCI? Or know what information should be in the standard cancellation letter?

(1) BY SIGNING THIS CONTRACT YOU ARE INCURRING AN OBLIGATION TO PURCHASE A TIMESHARE INTEREST. YOU MAY, HOWEVER, CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT PENALTY OR OBLIGATION BEFORE THE SIXTH DAY AFTER THE DATE YOU SIGN AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE PURCHASE CONTRACT, OR RECEIVE THE REQUIRED TIMESHARE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT, WHICHEVER IS LATER.

(2) IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT, YOU MAY DO SO BY EITHER HAND-DELIVERING NOTICE OF CANCELLATION TO THE DEVELOPER, OR BY MAILING NOTICE BY PREPAID UNITED STATES MAIL TO THE DEVELOPER OR THE DEVELOPER’S AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS, OR BY PROVIDING NOTICE BY OVERNIGHT COMMON CARRIER DELIVERY SERVICE TO THE DEVELOPER OR THE DEVELOPER TO THE DEVELOPER’S AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS. YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION IS EFFECTIVE ON THE DATE SENT OR DELIVERED TO GLOBAL EXCHANGE DEVELOPMENT CORP., 27405 PUERTA REAL, SUITE 100, MISSION VIEJO, CA 92691. FOR YOUR PROTECTION, SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOU SHOULD EITHER SEND YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION BY CERTIFIED MAIL WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED OR OBTAIN A SIGNED AND DATED RECEIPT IF DELIVERING IT IN PERSON OR BY OVERNIGHT COMMON CARRIER.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The cancellation letter doesn’t need to be fancy nor does it need to include reasons why you are cancelling. It can be as simple as “Please cancel the purchase for (enter the timeshare resort) with contract # (enter the contract number from your contract if there is one) effective today”. Be sure that the letter includes all parties listed on the contract and all parties must sign the cancellation letter.

Send the cancellation letter exactly as instructed in the contract. Send certified receipt requested (this is your proof of mailing). Finally, no need to call them, or accept their phone call, as they are bound by the contract and state statutes to cancel the contract and returns 100% of your money.

Congrats on rescinding and saving thousands! How much did you save?

Last edited:

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw this on another thread. Probably a good idea:
"While I'm at the post office sending it by certified mail, I would always send a second copy by separate regular mail, with a certificate of mailing from the post office, which is very cheap. That way, if the TS company for some reason refuses or doesn't receive the certified mail, you always have a legal presumption of delivery of mail that was correctly addressed, stamped, and mailed."

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
Hi! My fiancé and I purchased a GEVC/RCI Timeshare/membership program this morning. Immediately after getting in the car, we had second thoughts. I found the info below on how to send a Letter of Rescission but there aren't any details on what needs to be in it. Does anyone else have experience with canceling a time share with GEVC/RCI? Or know what information should be in the standard cancellation letter?
Mind sharing the rescission price? As half of us initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

k048409

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GEVC/RCI?
It was 6885 with 19.9% interest + 395 annually. They were offering 3 other trips for free in addition to the timeshare plan, so we got caught up in the value of the 3 trips actually exceeding amount we would pay

k048409

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GEVC/RCI?
The cancellation letter doesn’t need to be fancy nor does it need to include reasons why you are cancelling. It can be as simple as “Please cancel the purchase for (enter the timeshare resort) with contract # (enter the contract number from your contract if there is one) effective today”. Be sure that the contract includes all parties listed on the contract and all parties must sign the cancellation letter.

Send the cancellation letter exactly as instructed in the contract. Send certified receipt requested (this is your proof of mailing). Finally, no need to call them, or accept their phone call, as they are bound by the contract and state statutes to cancel the contract and returns 100% of your money.

Congrats on rescinding and saving thousands! How much did you save?
There's no information (like my address/ phone number) that I need to include in the letter?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's a club. Basically you get to use RCI. It's something one of Rick's friends bought and regretted. I told him not to do it, but he did, and he recently asked what he can buy that will get some nice timeshares and not the low-level resorts he sees with this membership.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no information (like my address/ phone number) that I need to include in the letter?
Put in your address if it will make you feel better. They probably have it and your phone, but you don’t want them calling you now.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
The contract number is already linked to all that information. Just make sure your enter the correct number and you are good. But like the last poster said, you can include it if you want. They may call you whether you include it or not to try to convince you to stay. SAY NO. Better yet, DON'T ANSWER.

Your name (and the names of everyone on the contract)
Your signature and date (and the signatures of everyone on the contract)
Name of resort you purchased
Contract number (s)
Date and location the presentation took place.

No explanation required. Just say you a rescinding the purchase.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on doing your research and saving 6900 dollars!

stick around for a bit and do some reading and you will be amazed at what you can get on the resale market for that same amount... or get an even BETTER timeshare ownership than you just bought for free!