• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you tried Beyond Meat Burger?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The notion of eating meat, i.e. breeding animals for food, is more environmentally unfriendly is propagated by groups like PETA. Here is one article which dispels it.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/06/health/vegetarian-diet-conversation/index.html

Having said that, I do not like the notion of killing animals for food, except seafood. When you look into the eyes of many types of animals, it conveys intelligence and emotions. I have said one day I will be a vegetarian.
I also want to go back to being vegetarian. I was for many years. It does bother me having to kill a living animal to eat meat. I went back to eating some fish and an occasional meal of chicken or pork, which I dislike, because my vitamin b levels were so low and were causing me so many problems.

Now that I got my vitamin B levels back up I am hoping with better food choices and supplements that I can keep it good and go back to vegetarian.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two in a package cost me $4.99

They much be 1/2 pounds each at that price. LOL:confused:
I, can purchase two (2) 1/2 lbs all meat patties at that price.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have not tried this yet, buy plan to. Maybe when I am out and about over the holidays.

Doubt i will start with a package to cook at home, probably look for it on the menu someplace..

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The notion of eating meat, i.e. breeding animals for food, is more environmentally unfriendly is propagated by groups like PETA. Here is one article which dispels it.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/06/health/vegetarian-diet-conversation/index.html

Having said that, I do not like the notion of killing animals for food, except seafood. When you look into the eyes of many types of animals, it conveys intelligence and emotions. I have said one day I will be a vegetarian.

That article refers to the supply chain of moving food around the world, no difference moving lettuce vs meat. I agree with that, we have fruit and veg year round in our stores because of that supply chain.

I’m referring to the feed lots where stock is raised for slaughter, a field of lettuce does not compare to a herd of cows standing on a mountain of manure in a lake of urine. If you should visit one, take nose plugs.

Dust From Factory Farms Carries Drugs, Poop Bacteria, and Antibiotic-Resistant Genes Far and Wide

https://www.motherjones.com/food/2015/01/dust-factory-farms-antibiotic-resistant-genes/

e3db126b604e85fca993c9acd3fee092.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
They much be 1/2 pounds each at that price. LOL:confused:
I, can purchase two (2) 1/2 lbs all meat patties at that price.
Beyond Burgers at Walmart are 1/4 lb. each but, we would be able to label you "grass fed". ;)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That article refers to the supply chain of moving food around the world, no difference moving lettuce vs meat. I agree with that, we have fruit and veg year round in our stores because of that supply chain.

I’m referring to the feed lots where stock is raised for slaughter, a field of lettuce does not compare to a herd of cows standing on a mountain of manure in a lake of urine. If you should visit one, take nose plugs.

Dust From Factory Farms Carries Drugs, Poop Bacteria, and Antibiotic-Resistant Genes Far and Wide

https://www.motherjones.com/food/2015/01/dust-factory-farms-antibiotic-resistant-genes/

e3db126b604e85fca993c9acd3fee092.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
If you want to look at it from another angle... it is using calories of meat vs. vegetables.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...8fdbe8-a495-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id have to disagree with the comparison of moving meat vs produce....as meat requires refrigeration no? its also far more dense a materal (ie a pallet of steak weighs ALOT more than a pallet of lettuce).

there are just so many arguments on either side on how either "big meat" or "big veggie" are now providing food in ways most folks couldnt even dream of out of pure demand for food from 7+ billion people.

unless folks want to pay much more for meat and produce, mega farms (for both) are just going to continue to expand.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
someone recently brought over a whopper and an "impossible whopper"...we cut them up to try.

have to say, I could not tell any difference between the two.
The impossible whopper didn’t have fast food beef taste to me. It tasted fresher sort of. I liked it better

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Motivated by this post we tried Impossible burger at Burger King today. We ordered one Whopper and one Impossible, cut each in half and taste tested. Not bad, but we will stick with our usual “two for six” during travel in near future. No cheese, please.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We haven’t tried it, and have no plans to jump on this fad wagon. Living in California we have seen many a meatless menu. No thanks.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Motivated by this post we tried Impossible burger at Burger King today. We ordered one Whopper and one Impossible, cut each in half and taste tested. Not bad, but we will stick with our usual “two for six” during travel in near future. No cheese, please.

I had the Impossible Burger a few months ago and didn't enjoy it. I've bought Boca Burgers and cooked them up at home, for years...and they are just as good. If you pile enough onions, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce on 'em, they'll taste pretty good.

FYI...I have long made my own vegetarian "Egg Mc Muffins" with a fried egg, a thin slice of cheese, and a nice fried slice of LightLife "Soysage", which really does taste like sausage. A bit of mayo or mustard, add a slice of tomato if you like...and toast a whole wheat English muffin. Excellent breakfast sammich!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just bought the beyond Meat ground beef and sausage. Will take to my moms for the holiday. She always starts with me I should eat meat. Let’s see if she thinks I am eating meat after she tastes it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought the beyond Meat ground beef and sausage. Will take to my moms for the holiday. She always starts with me I should eat meat. Let’s see if she thinks I am eating meat after she tastes it.
... hopefully health-wise she is ok with the ingredients, like legume/peanut allergy.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... hopefully health-wise she is ok with the ingredients, like legume/peanut allergy.
She has no allergies. I have many but legumes and peanuts I am ok with.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
after reading the "how not to die" book i posted in another thread, I at least try to replace one meal a day with something across the spectrum from meat or other processed foods.

no way i can give it up entirely...but hard to argue against how bad so much food is these days!
Christmas morning last year DW said that we are going to use a new food plan & showed me the how not to die book. That evening we had our last meat meal at home (prime rib eye steaks). Since then I have lost 33 lbs, but was trying to lose weight. We eat in restaurants a lot. If we find a meal that meets the guidelines we order it. If not we will order as healthy as we can. We enjoy ice cream. We enjoy sushi still. I now weigh less than when a jr in hs. I am amazed. The other thing is I still do the grocery shopping & DW now does the cooking.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not going to try it as I am not a fan of all the chemicals added. I like ground beef, egg, onion, salt and pepper in my hamburger. I have never had one at Mcdonalds, Wendys or Burger king. No hot dogs or sausage of any kind and no pork period. My weakness is sushi and chicken fingers/boneless wings.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a package of the Beyond Meat burgers at Sprouts yesterday. I was surprise to see pea protein as the main ingredient. I know pea protein seems to be the new rage, now that people are figuring out that too much soy messes with hormones, but my body can't process pea protein. Whenever I've had a protein drink or meal based on pea protein, I've been exhausted the rest of the day and my brain goes into hibernation.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As much as I think I should cut down on meat consumption, the Beyond Meat ingredient list reads like a chemistry examination. I like natural, no fillers and no hormone added to meat etc... and I do not feel that Beyond Meat is any better for our body when I look at the ingredients.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I also will say that replacing ground beef in slow-cooker chili with tofu was also something I was able to eat without really noticing a difference!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I also will say that replacing ground beef in slow-cooker chili with tofu was also something I was able to eat without really noticing a difference!

I do eat TOFU also- but you do realize it is a processed food? Better option is Tempeh.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Christmas morning last year DW said that we are going to use a new food plan & showed me the how not to die book. That evening we had our last meat meal at home (prime rib eye steaks). Since then I have lost 33 lbs, but was trying to lose weight. We eat in restaurants a lot. If we find a meal that meets the guidelines we order it. If not we will order as healthy as we can. We enjoy ice cream. We enjoy sushi still. I now weigh less than when a jr in hs. I am amazed. The other thing is I still do the grocery shopping & DW now does the cooking.

I have not eaten meat for years with a few exceptions and I am fatter then when I ate meat.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do eat TOFU also- but you do realize it is a processed food? Better option is Tempeh.

yea im not fully on board with replacing meat etc...im just trying different things out to dispel the myth ive always grown up with that "only way to get your protien is thru meat" etc.

most of my struggles with this were assuming that all meals had to taste like plain broccoli/veggies....vs a nice delicious hamburger lol

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have not eaten meat for years with a few exceptions and I am fatter then when I ate meat.

Im less concerned with overall weight at this point as I am with blood pressure/cholesterol/etc....

id rather be 20lbs overweight and healthy inside...than fit and slim and on the verge of collapse due to hbp/etc.