• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you tried Beyond Meat Burger?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have seen the Beyond Meat Burgers for awhile but didn’t buy them as make believe meats I have tried before just were not good. They are plant based patties, 20g protein, no soy, no gluten.

The other week I finally got a package and today I finally made it as it was about to expired. I expected to take a bite and throw it in the garbage.

To my surprise I liked it but I was more surprised my other half liked it. I eat mostly vegetarian, he is a daily meat eater.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I have seen the Beyond Meat Burgers for awhile but didn’t buy them as make believe meats I have tried before just were not good. They are plant based patties, 20g protein, no soy, no gluten.

The other week I finally got a package and today I finally made it as it was about to expired. I expected to take a bite and throw it in the garbage.

To my surprise I liked it but I was more surprised my other half liked it. I eat mostly vegetarian, he is a daily meat eater.

I have seen it on the stores here and threw it on the BBQ once. However, I come from probably the top 5 places in the world for beef. I am spoiled with the quality and frankly it didn’t measure up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. After looking over the nutrition label, I just couldn't see any benefit. I have no 'moral' concerns over eating animals raised for consumption, and no food allergies, so why eat 'factory food' made with highly processed ingredients- even if they aren't animal based.

Perhaps if these things were significantly lower in calories, higher in flavor, had less sodium and more protein, at lower cost I might give 'em a go but for now, I'll remain a carnivore.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Good to know!

Funny- I don't eat meat, except turkey usually, but I have been so busy, I did not have time to make myself a separate entree from my husband so I actually ate the crock pot meatloaf I made him and it was delicious! LOL!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have seen it on the stores here and threw it on the BBQ once. However, I come from probably the top 5 places in the world for beef. I am spoiled with the quality and frankly it didn’t measure up.

I would think it would be very easy to overcook on the grill. I cooked it in a pan stovetop.

Truthfully I would think people who have a meat based diet would not like this product, that is why I was surprised my other half liked it.

For those who prefer not to eat real meat this is one of the better choices out there.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope. After looking over the nutrition label, I just couldn't see any benefit. I have no 'moral' concerns over eating animals raised for consumption, and no food allergies, so why eat 'factory food' made with highly processed ingredients- even if they aren't animal based.

Perhaps if these things were significantly lower in calories, higher in flavor, had less sodium and more protein, at lower cost I might give 'em a go but for now, I'll remain a carnivore.
I hope in time as these products progress they will become significantly lower in calories, higher in flavor, have less sodium and more protein, at lower cost.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I would think it would be very easy to overcook on the grill. I cooked it in a pan stovetop.

Truthfully I would think people who have a meat based diet would not like this product, that is why I was surprised my other half liked it.

For those who prefer not to eat real meat this is one of the better choices out there.

Yes, true. I do think I overcooked it.

And also true, I can see those who don’t eat meat would like it. The way it was spiced was nice. I just didn’t like the texture.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did look at the ingredients and decided they did not sound appealing and I put the package back. It had a shelf life in the store for 3 days. I ate Boca burgers for years until I found out that I am gluten intolerant. Boca burgers do not pretend to be meat or taste like meat. Hence I cannot get my head around wanting to eat something that is supposed to taste like meat but not made with meat.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should try them. I like the meat substitutes in general. I wish they would stop marketing them as meat substitutes. Make them taste good for what they are......a quality food. We try to eat meatless 1 or 2 days a week and am fine with a protein not pretending to be meat.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
Beyond meat is OK, however, I wish Del Taco kept the veggie burritos on their menu instead of substituting them with beyond meat.

I live in California and a lot of places are incorporating beyond meat in their menus. All the chain restaurants and fast food places seem to have it these days. But, I've only tried it at Del Taco.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I prefer impossible meat.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
someone recently brought over a whopper and an "impossible whopper"...we cut them up to try.

have to say, I could not tell any difference between the two.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I am not sure which product Burger King uses as their meatless burger, but I asked my vegetarian cousin if she'd tried it. She said it tasted so much like meat it about gagged her so she had her husband finish it and got a salad.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a meat lover, I will try it. Does the beyond burgers cost less?

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try it, as we are cutting down on our meat consumption. But after reading the nutritional information on this, I have decided if I really want a burger I will buy the meat and make my own. The reason for my decision is the amount of salt in this burger. By the time I would put some mustard, and relish on the burger I would be over my weekly limit for salt. No thanks.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

Agree. Rather than eat one of the alternatives I have cut down my intake of burgers by about 50%...

George

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
after reading the "how not to die" book i posted in another thread, I at least try to replace one meal a day with something across the spectrum from meat or other processed foods.

no way i can give it up entirely...but hard to argue against how bad so much food is these days!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had the impossible burger at Islands and I thought they brought me a meat burger after I bit into it. It's very much like a meat burger and is not healthier by any means. It's supposed to be good for the environment. Just keep in mind if you are trying to be healthy, it is not a healthy option. Super high calories and usually a higher price than beef.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I tried one last week and was surprised at how much it felt and tasted like a meat burger, I would order it again, have not purchased any to cook myself.

As someone that travels to areas with a high concentration of feed lots I can see the damage being done to the environment. It also affects people living nearby, lower property values, the smell, the flies. I think the Salinas Valley E Coli was traced to bovine feed lots.

My inlaws live in a small town in southern AZ, it started with one small feed lot, now its expanded and completed surrounded the town. Its mainly cotton raised in the area, but I’d be concerned if I had a well for drinking water near one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The notion of eating meat, i.e. breeding animals for food, is more environmentally unfriendly is propagated by groups like PETA. Here is one article which dispels it.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/06/health/vegetarian-diet-conversation/index.html

Having said that, I do not like the notion of killing animals for food, except seafood. When you look into the eyes of many types of animals, it conveys intelligence and emotions. I have said one day I will be a vegetarian.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The notion of eating meat, i.e. breeding animals for food, is more environmentally unfriendly is propagated by groups like PETA. Here is one article which dispels it.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/06/health/vegetarian-diet-conversation/index.html

Having said that, I do not like the notion of killing animals for food, except seafood. When you look into the eyes of many types of animals, it conveys intelligence and emotions. I have said one day I will be a vegetarian.

I was for the longest time- not a vegan, but a pesci vegetarian- fish only plus veggies and fruits and grains. But i got bored and it was tough going out to some functions as the only vegetarian options are always pasta and salad maybe.

So I started to allow myself turkey as it is less available than chicken and gives me something else to eat. But lately I find myself eating a little meat here and there and not getting crazy about stuff- like there is pork in the fried rice or chicken broth as a base for soup. I am not fanatical about it.

Husband eats meat so I get tired of making two things for dinner.

Last edited: