• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone had a deed transfer lately? How long did it take to get into your account?

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
We are trying to buy another resale from Redweek. Our offer was accepted in Oct and ROFR was waived. We are still waiting for the title company to get the transfer docs from Marriott. The title company has said that it is taking 10-14weeks to get the transfer docs and another 60 day to complete the sale. We did ask the seller to reserve a week for us in 2023. This is our second resale through Redweek and the first time the entire process took a total of 3 months. Is anyone having the same experience with Redweek/Marriott? I don't understand why it is taking so long to just get the transfer docs.
Could you clarify what you mean by “buy another resale from Redweek”? Redweek does not own weeks. I assume, but am not clear, that you mean the week you want to buy is a “full service” listing and Redweek is handling all aspects of the sale and closing. My experience is that Redweek full service listings will take longer and closing fees will be higher than many other closing companies. It is the time Marriott takes to place the week in the buyer’s account that takes a minimum of 6 weeks.

wanderer63

Reaction score
That's a load of BS. The last resale we did took the closing company a total of 10-14 days for ROFR, submitting the deed change, and getting the transfer paperwork over to Marriott. The transfer form is a standard document template and every closing company should have the Marriott one. The process goes: 1) buyer and seller agree to terms, 2) buyer/seller agreement signed, 3) ROFR submitted and answer received, 4) submit title change to jurisdiction, 5) send transfer paperwork and copy of updated deed to Marriott. The ROFR process has a contractual time limit based on the resort. I think you're getting delayed in step 4 by the closing company.
Yes we are waiting at step 4 as you outlined. From reading this thread I assume that even after we finally get to step 5 it will be another 2-3 months to finally show up in our account! This is for Aruba Ocean Club so there is no deed, it is an RTU but I think the process is still the same.

wanderer63

Reaction score
Could you clarify what you mean by “buy another resale from Redweek”? Redweek does not own weeks. I assume, but am not clear, that you mean the week you want to buy is a “full service” listing and Redweek is handling all aspects of the sale and closing. My experience is that Redweek full service listings will take longer and closing fees will be higher than many other closing companies. It is the time Marriott takes to place the week in the buyer’s account that takes a minimum of 6 weeks.
This our second Marriott that we have bought through Redweek (both full service listings). When I contact Redweek for status, they just tell me that the title company is waiting for the transfer docs. Is there any benefit to the seller to wait until the new year to begin the transfer? maybe this is the real reason for the delay?

They have also said that after the transfer docs are sent to Marriott it will be another 60 days before it is in my account and that seems to be most people's experience in this thread.

I was just wondering if anyone else was also having the delay with transfer docs because it does not make sense to me.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
This our second Marriott that we have bought through Redweek (both full service listings). When I contact Redweek for status, they just tell me that the title company is waiting for the transfer docs. Is there any benefit to the seller to wait until the new year to begin the transfer? maybe this is the real reason for the delay?

They have also said that after the transfer docs are sent to Marriott it will be another 60 days before it is in my account and that seems to be most people's experience in this thread.

I was just wondering if anyone else was also having the delay with transfer docs because it does not make sense to me.

It doesn't make sense in my experience, but I don't own in Aruba.

I do have experience with inquiries as a buyer of RedWeek full-service listings, and the one time I was serious about buying I got so frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and having to wait 3-4 days for simple email answers that I just gave up, despite a potentially fantastic deal at the low point of prices during the pandemic.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
It doesn't make sense in my experience, but I don't own in Aruba.

I do have experience with inquiries as a buyer of RedWeek full-service listings, and the one time I was serious about buying I got so frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and having to wait 3-4 days for simple email answers that I just gave up, despite a potentially fantastic deal at the low point of prices during the pandemic.

We closed some last fall and they told me 45 work days which is 60 calendar days. Well, that's what it took. Redweek is slow and MVC doesn't rush the transfers, not a good scenario.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Recorded deed transferred to MVC on Dec 5.

Received email today.

58 days total, with a few holidays in there.

MDteX

Reaction score
Purchased last September 7. Still waiting. The closing company said today they finally found the person in Norway. Only a few more months. :(

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased last September 7. Still waiting. The closing company said today they finally found the person in Norway. Only a few more months. :(
Yikes! I would have demanded a refund way before now if the deed hasn’t even been filed yet!!

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 34,35 and 49,50), DSV 2 (red)

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Is there any difference in the length of time it takes for a parent-to-child family transfer vs. a resale transfer?

Completed the deed transfers and sent all the paperwork to Marriott. We were told 30 business days (so six weeks) by Marriott, but the closing company who did the deed transfers said to allow 16 weeks. I'm hoping that Marriott's estimate is more accurate.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am all so waiting on a purchase on a vistana For an account with them.Who do you call to make sure they have your paper work. I would like to make a reservation asap.
We sent a message to Vistana and Marriott. Vistana did say they had my file and it should be complete this week, looks like 9 weeks . Let just see.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Bought resale MOW deed recorded back in November just found out that the funds in escrow for the MF payment have been frozen as the lawyer has been caught embezzling money . Now closing company wants us to resend MF payment so paperwork can be sent over to Marriott. Not sure what to to do. Anyone had similar type of experience ?

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Approximately 10 weeks for Marriott to process the Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreements (HOTA's) once received for our last purchase (mid-November to end of January before the weeks made into our account). We have another purchase with HOTA's sent via DHL with a confirmed receipt date of December 27th still in progress and anticipating mid-March before we see the weeks in our account.

rmclain73

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently (last year) bought a week in Aruba from a seller on Redweek. We used a closing company. We agreed on a price on Dec 12. We passed ROFR on December 17. We signed the closing docs in late February, and received our owner certificate in early April. Entire process took 16-18 weeks.

After closing on that unit we had our trust setup and completed. I wanted to move it into the trust. I sent in all the required docs to owner modification on Oct 24 2022. I had not heard anything so I put in a phone call on 1/12/23 to owner modifications. The agent said they received everything and it looked good. I was them emailed my closing docs later that afternoon. I sent those in the following day. Still waiting on my new certificate. I image it will be another 3-4 weeks at this point.

Last edited:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Submitted to MVC Title office around December 20th. Followed up two weeks ago and then again yesterday. Got the notification this morning that it is in our account. +/- 55 days, plus there were like 3-4 holidays in there.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We did a parent-to-child transfer, the deeds were recorded on February 7, 2023, and sent that day or the next day to MVC. I received notice this morning that the transfer for one of the deeds (points) had been completed by Marriott. So one week! Amazingly fast.

I haven't gotten the notification yet for the second transfer (a weeks ownership, which was sent to them at the same time) but am hoping it will be almost as fast.

The deed transfer work was done by LT Transfers, who was fantastic from start to finish.

I can't yet see the ownership in my MVC account, but it sounds like that may take a day or two.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Vistana, Westin princeville resort ocean villas , ten weeks

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My recent Vistana purchases are going faster, and believe it or not, they have connected my account to the new purchases.

I am pretty much done with buying weeks. I think.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now my weeks transfer is complete as well. I suspect that family transfers must go to the front of the line or something.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
My deed was sent to MVC on 12/12/22 and I just got word yesterday 2/14/23 the transfer is complete.

Last edited:

timtax

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2 deeds were submitted 12/21/22 (Received by Marriott 12/27/22) and transfer was completed for both today (2/15/22)

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once the transfer is complete, how long does it take before you can see the ownership in your online account? My transfers are complete but I can't see them online yet.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once the transfer is complete, how long does it take before you can see the ownership in your online account? My transfers are complete but I can't see them online yet.
Call or chat with owner services. I had to engage them immediately and they did it for me in real time.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Took overnight for me to see it in my portfolio. I was able to call and reserve something right after I got the email notification.