• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone had a deed transfer lately? How long did it take to get into your account?

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Agree with you about the 45 business days to get a resale week into the new owner’s account. When I called owner services about a recent transfer, that is what I was told…and that is what it took. The representative could see that that the week had been transferred to my name, but I could not make a reservation once the transfer enters the “purgatory” period. Does anyone know if it takes such a long time for direct purchased from Marriott?

For the future - When we purchase timeshares, we routinely ask the owner to make the reservation if it looks like the lengthy transaction period is a threat. Sellers have always been very willing to do this. Otherwise, the so called "purgatory" period would block us.

The closing company should also be asked to complete a form enabling MVC to transfer the reservation with the timeshare.

drkuz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2x Marriott Grande Ocean
4x Marriott Grande Ocean (in Process)
We are in the same boat. We had our deed recorded on 10/12/2022 (and sent to MVC) and have yet to hear anything back. We are using a timeshare closing company but they don't really give any updates when we call them. I just touched base with them at the 60 day mark and no real news. I knew it was going to be slow going in but it is a bit of a strange feeling to not really hear anything for that long.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
We are in the same boat. We had our deed recorded on 10/12/2022 (and sent to MVC) and have yet to hear anything back. We are using a timeshare closing company but they don't really give any updates when we call them. I just touched base with them at the 60 day mark and no real news. I knew it was going to be slow going in but it is a bit of a strange feeling to not really hear anything for that long.

Now that 60 days has passed, call owner services and ask them to put you through to the office that handles the transfers. Tell them it has been over 60 days and these folks will update you and it may prompt the transfer if it's stuck. Just be nice to them - they are under the thumb of MVC and this is not a priority for MVC.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received notification yesterday the deed was transferred. Checked my account today and indeed I see the new week.
I had to communicate with Marriott to transfer the week that was reserved. I chose to initially communicate via chat.
When I then requested to lock out the reservation I had to call at that point since they are not prepared to accept the $90 L/O fee via chat. All is now in place.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
60 days has been my experience over the last four transfers. I have a Vistana week that has already been two months and no news on it.
I am all so waiting on a purchase on a vistana For a account with them.Who do you call to make sure they have your paper work. I would like to make a reservation asap.

drkuz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2x Marriott Grande Ocean
4x Marriott Grande Ocean (in Process)
Now that 60 days has passed, call owner services and ask them to put you through to the office that handles the transfers. Tell them it has been over 60 days and these folks will update you and it may prompt the transfer if it's stuck. Just be nice to them - they are under the thumb of MVC and this is not a priority for MVC.
Thank you for the advice! I called Marriott and they didn't give me a specific update, however, I just received an email today that the transfer completed. Wahoo!

Submitted 10/14/2022 to Marriott
Email that transfer was complete 12/20/2022

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Paperwork was submitted yesterday, 12/20/22 for a 2BR platinum Harbour Lake resale. On the clock!!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am all so waiting on a purchase on a vistana For a account with them.Who do you call to make sure they have your paper work. I would like to make a reservation asap.
Wondering who to call at Vistana as well. I purchased a VOI and the closing company sent the deed to them on October 12. So far, nothing.

MDteX

Reaction score
Mine has been a few months. Talked to them yesterday and they said maybe January. They are slow!

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine has been a few months. Talked to them yesterday and they said maybe January. They are slow!
Hi who did you talk to.
when I called them, that said if I had purchaser from them it would take 10 days, of course I did not.
They said another department tranfer out side purchase.
? I don’t understand.

WahooWah

Reaction score
I have two Westin Nanea deeds that Marriott exercised ROFR in late April and early May. Docs didn't go out until late July. The escrow company they use, Chicago Title Timeshare/Fidelity National Timeshare, screwed up the deed with the Hawaii BOC in early October and needed to get revised docs. They STILL have not recorded at the BOC, have not closed escrow and haven't even reached the transfer process yet.

The transfer process was taking about 8 weeks less than a year ago. It may be faster now, not sure. Prior to COVID it took about 4 weeks.

koloasteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Recorded 2 Waiohai deeds on 10-19-22 and Marriott added them to my account on 11-9-22.
Recorded 2 Waiohai deeds on 10-28-22 and still no word from Marriott.
Recorded 1 Waiohai deed on 11-10-22 and still no word from Marriott.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Paperwork was submitted yesterday, 12/20/22 for a 2BR platinum Harbour Lake resale. On the clock!!

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking? I’m intrigued by that property

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Finally mine was transferred the day after Christmas. Just in time for annual payment. Deed was recorded in Oct. Since it is a trader, I am happy it’s finally in our account.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
My Marriott resale purchase took 75 days from the deed having been sent to Marriott to when I was notified and the week was in my account. I was finally able to book a 2023 week yesterday.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
60 days has been my experience over the last four transfers. I have a Vistana week that has already been two months and no news on it.
Hi can you tell me if you purchase a Vistana timeshare, so it I. Should we call Vistana or Marriott tranfer department.
thanks

timtax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Marriott notify you when the week is added to your account or do you just check your account until one day it appears there?

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
I have had two MVC re-sale weeks purchased in the last six months or so; MGO and MGC. Both took six weeks from the date that I received the date stamped deed back.

MDteX

Reaction score
At 5 months and still waiting. The owner is in Norway and things are moving so slow!

WahooWah

Reaction score
Hi can you tell me if you purchase a Vistana timeshare, so it I. Should we call Vistana or Marriott tranfer department.
thanks
The best thing to do is send an email an include a copy of your recorded deed (assuming you got it electronically at the time of recording). For Vistana the email is titlechanges@mvwc.com

For Marriott it is Owner.Modifications@vacationclub.com

Or probably just send the email to both addresses.

wanderer63

Reaction score
We are trying to buy another resale from Redweek. Our offer was accepted in Oct and ROFR was waived. We are still waiting for the title company to get the transfer docs from Marriott. The title company has said that it is taking 10-14weeks to get the transfer docs and another 60 day to complete the sale. We did ask the seller to reserve a week for us in 2023. This is our second resale through Redweek and the first time the entire process took a total of 3 months. Is anyone having the same experience with Redweek/Marriott? I don't understand why it is taking so long to just get the transfer docs.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are trying to buy another resale from Redweek. Our offer was accepted in Oct and ROFR was waived. We are still waiting for the title company to get the transfer docs from Marriott. The title company has said that it is taking 10-14weeks to get the transfer docs and another 60 day to complete the sale. We did ask the seller to reserve a week for us in 2023. This is our second resale through Redweek and the first time the entire process took a total of 3 months. Is anyone having the same experience with Redweek/Marriott? I don't understand why it is taking so long to just get the transfer docs.
That makes zero sense. That closing company is apparently overwhelmed with closings and cannot keep up. They need to hire more people, apparently.

My weeks with Marriott have been transferring quickly enough to be impressive over Vistana's process of going on 7.5 months for one from the time the closing company sent paperwork.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
That's a load of BS. The last resale we did took the closing company a total of 10-14 days for ROFR, submitting the deed change, and getting the transfer paperwork over to Marriott. The transfer form is a standard document template and every closing company should have the Marriott one. The process goes: 1) buyer and seller agree to terms, 2) buyer/seller agreement signed, 3) ROFR submitted and answer received, 4) submit title change to jurisdiction, 5) send transfer paperwork and copy of updated deed to Marriott. The ROFR process has a contractual time limit based on the resort. I think you're getting delayed in step 4 by the closing company.