• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone had a deed transfer lately? How long did it take to get into your account?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Deed was recorded Mid September. Closing company indicated it would take 30-45 days. That was Oct 3.
This is for an Ocean Pointe Platinum week if you must know.
As of now I don't have this new week in my account.

How long have transfers been taking for Marriott weeks?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
60 days has been my experience over the last four transfers. I have a Vistana week that has already been two months and no news on it.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Thanks for the info. Have to wonder what takes them so long!
"COVID staffing issues". Translation: we've purposefully understaffed the transfer team as it makes us no money and to punish the resale market.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Deed was recorded Mid September. Closing company indicated it would take 30-45 days. That was Oct 3.

I had one that was recorded on 10/3 that I am still waiting on. They told me ~60 days so hopefully in the next week or so!

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Taking around 5 months beginning to end. Agree to price, submit external transfer form, wait ~6 weeks for HOTA, mail to Marriott and wait another 8 to 12 weeks to complete. They are processing as received but a significant backlog including additional week behind since they were closed the week of Hurricane Ian.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
The time it takes is ridiculous in 2022. I understand that Mother Marriott has no incentive to optimize the process.
I could just envision 1 or 2 hard working people with an inbox stacked mile high slaving away processing this paperwork and transferring these weeks from one owner to another. Yes I have heard the hurricane set them back as well.

60 days! or 5 months from start to finish! Come on! Ridiculous!

Maybe I will get it in time for Christmas. Just in time to pay the MF in Jan!

Just have to shake my head at the bureaucracy / Red Tape MVC .

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now if there was only a way to Turbo Charge this process? For a nominal fee...
That is a good idea for a revenue stream!

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now if there was only a way to Turbo Charge this process? For a nominal fee...
That is a good idea for a revenue stream!
Marriott would have no doubt done this already. Anything to make a buck. But they want to sell buckets of 1000 points. HA!

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
I had an MVC purchase with a similar timeline to yours. The deed recorded and was submitted to MVC on 9/22. Just received the notice from MVC today that the week has now been added to my account, exactly 10 weeks after the deed was submitted to them.
They are ultra responsive to ROFR requests (usually just takes 1 day to hear back), but the change of ownership process takes entirely too long.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an MVC purchase with a similar timeline to yours. The deed recorded and was submitted to MVC on 9/22. Just received the notice from MVC today that the week has now been added to my account, exactly 10 weeks after the deed was submitted to them.
They are ultra responsive to ROFR requests (usually just takes 1 day to hear back), but the change of ownership process takes entirely too long.
Thanks for the data point. My brother had one submitted on 9/21. I gave him a heads up and it sounds like it's in his account.

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put all of my timeshare weeks and points into a trust. Took about six weeks overall. Hawaii deeds need to be recorded there, Aruba differently and points interests in Orlando. Again, about six weeks overall, and the changes appeared in my account almost immediately after that.

Herb51

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club Aruba
Marriott Ocean Pointe West Palm Beach

Hi, just started to use TUGS, my question is if you wanted to sell your points in TUGS how are the points transferred to the new owner, who does the closing? Do you go through Marriott Vacation Club or do you go through a closing company and how do you find a closing company? Thank you for helping with these questions. Marriott had said if we want to get rid of our points you can just give them back to them and you will receive no money, we were surprised to see that you can sell them on TUGS.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
On th
Hi, just started to use TUGS, my question is if you wanted to sell your points in TUGS how are the points transferred to the new owner, who does the closing? Do you go through Marriott Vacation Club or do you go through a closing company and how do you find a closing company? Thank you for helping with these questions. Marriott had said if we want to get rid of our points you can just give them back to them and you will receive no money, we were surprised to see that you can sell them on TUGS.
What? Where did you hear this blatant news of a LIE?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read thru this FAQ

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one that was recorded on 10/3 that I am still waiting on. They told me ~60 days so hopefully in the next week or so!

Just got notice today from Marriott that the transfer was completed. 61 days. Maybe they are putting in some overtime if they are processing them on a Saturday??

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Our Westin Desert Willow was sent on 9/26 and still hasn't showed up in our account.

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two purchases this Summer, one took Marriott 55 days after getting sent the deed and the other took Marriott 58 days. Here's a screenshot of the timeline for mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 11.35.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 11.35.37 AM.png
    75 KB · Views: 24

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It’s been over 60 days so I am contacting MVC because the unit is a trader for us.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Suggest you call owner services, and they will connect you.

MVC finally recorded a couple for us on their records at 58 and 60 days in early October. They told us earlier it was 45 "business days" and that's about what it took.

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
Suggest you call owner services, and they will connect you.

MVC finally recorded a couple for us on their records at 58 and 60 days in early October. They told us earlier it was 45 "business days" and that's about what it took.
Agree with you about the 45 business days to get a resale week into the new owner’s account. When I called owner services about a recent transfer, that is what I was told…and that is what it took. The representative could see that that the week had been transferred to my name, but I could not make a reservation once the transfer enters the “purgatory” period. Does anyone know if it takes such a long time for direct purchased from Marriott?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Does anyone know if it takes such a long time for direct purchased from Marriott?

It's much faster when purchased from Marriott. When we purchased an MVC week in Europe, we were told approximately 15-20 days after the rescission period (~2 weeks) passes, and it ended up being about 10 days from the end of the rescission period (with an extra 1-2 days to get it enrolled in Abound after it was in the account). So it was less than 30 days from the time we signed, including the rescission period.