• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Hawaii Pictures

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to anyone who knows this locale, or what mountain is under those clouds.

1588567389078.png

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd say Haleakalā somewhere near Makawao.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Waipio Valley is correct. The picture was taken from a helicopter.

I thought so but I couldn't figure out what trail or road you were on. AHA, you weren't, You were in the sky !!! lol. :ROFLMAO:

Bill

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking it might be Ahukini Pier in Kauai, a little north of the airport. Your second photo makes me pretty sure I'm right! We've wandered around there a couple of times when we stayed at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club.
You are correct! It's a great place to visit if you get to the airport early because it's so close. Here's my favorite picture from there, but the profile of the mountains kind of give away the location. My grandson found a coconut that washed up on the rocks. Unfortunately, when he took it home and his dad helped open it, it smelled really rank, and stunk up the condo.

002 grandson is happy to be in Kauai.jpg

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This one should be easier, but you have to know how the point of view was reached.

Attachments

• 20150624_104152.jpg
    20150624_104152.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 15

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is an easy one.

b.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last time we were on the Big Island, we stayed at the Courtyard King Kamemaheha Hotel, so it is easy to recognize the Kamakahonu National Historic Landmark. The blue building in the background used to be the Ocean View Inn, a great family owned restaurant that served very reasonably priced local food. Ronald Kam and his family ran the eatery since his grandmother served her first meal there in 1934, but closed in 2005 when they retired. It was renovated and is now Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, which is good, but I do miss the original.

Ocean View Inn Closes

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last time we were on the Big Island, we stayed at the Courtyard King Kamemaheha Hotel, so it is easy to recognize the Kamakahonu National Historic Landmark. The blue building in the background used to be the Ocean View Inn, a great family owned restaurant that served very reasonably priced local food. Ronald Kam and his family ran the eatery since his grandmother served her first meal there in 1934, but closed in 2005 when they retired. It was renovated and is now Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, which is good, but I do miss the original.

Ocean View Inn Closes

Yup !!!!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you won't find this in any guide books, because it's dangerous. I jumped in with my son when he was 12, and didn't find out until years later how dangerous it can be. Anyone know it's nickname?

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like the Toilet Bowl, near Hanauma Bay on Oahu. :)

Dave
You got it. When I first went there over 30 years ago, you could follow a path along the left side of Hanauma Bay. Because of erosion and falling rock, that path is now closed. I didn't have a camera the first time, and the second time, when these pictures were taken, I came down from the highway. I was with a friend who was wearing flip flops. An evil kiawe thorn went right through his flip flop and into his foot. He limped back to the car while I ran down, took the pictures and ran back up.

Here's a video of some really stupid parents (like me) letting their kids play in the Toilet Bowl.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You got it. When I first went there over 30 years ago, you could follow a path along the left side of Hanauma Bay. Because of erosion and falling rock, that path is now closed. I didn't have a camera the first time, and the second time, when these pictures were taken, I came down from the highway. I was with a friend who was wearing flip flops. An evil kiawe thorn went right through his flip flop and into his foot. He limped back to the car while I ran down, took the pictures and ran back up.

Here's a video of some really stupid parents (like me) letting their kids play in the Toilet Bowl.

When I was in high school on Oahu, I went there many times. It was a lot of fun. I didn't consider it any more dangerous than body surfing above coral heads on many beaches around the area. Looking back, I'm sure it was pretty stupid to do that. I hiked along that path on the left side of the Hanauma Bay cliffs and around the point. I didn't know the path was gone, but it's been a long time since I was in high school. ;)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keeping on cliffs, here is a cliff I use to fish. I was washed in by a wave so I decided to stop fishing here.

kp fishing.jpg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
¿South Point?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yup !!!

We were staying near Makaha and I was shore fishing every evening. I was fishing off the beach near the point with some guys whose kids were catching live bait in the tide pools. I had my salmon rod and could cast far with the live bait. Anyway, a large fish took the bait and splintered my rod. I lost the fish which had to have been a biggie.

So I went to Walmart and bought a cheap rod that didn't cast as far as my salmon rod.

Next evening the only place I could cast far enough was off the cliff. I was on the low side of the cliffs casting behind the swells. One of the swells looked kind of big and I could tell it was going to hit where I was standing. Instead of hunkering I turned my back to out run the wave. Big mistake. I was knocked into the "washing machine" hanging upside down on the lava rocks. I could see most of my gear had fallen into the ocean. I could see the next wave that would pound me into the lave rocks.

I managed to climb out with some help of the locals as the next wave came in. I had so many cuts that I thought about going to the hospital. The worst cut was my left heel was sliced when my shoe went missing.

I should have guessed that it was a dangerous spot to fish because of all of the cement memorial markers on the way out. Live and learn. Even after this happened I like Yokohama Bay better than most places on Oahu.

Bill