• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Hawaii Pictures

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in Waimea Canyon. That is a beautiful hike to the top (and fairly easy too because the trailhead is at a nearly level elevation if I remember correctly) but I have no idea what it is called. This is a great hike to take non-hikers on. Such a great place to see.
Yes - it's Waipo'o Falls. I've got a lot of shots of those falls.

The trail is relatively level, If you start from the trailhead on the main road, there's probably about 500 ft drop in elevation to a couple of stream crossings, then you pick up about half of that getting to the top of the falls. You can eliminate a large portion of that initial change in elevation if you have 4WD; then you can drive to the point where the falls trail intersects that Canyon Trail.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This will probably be a tough one -

1587416517571.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You guys are spot-on. For sure, Niihau sunset, from the deck of a Capt. Andy's catamaran. Snorkelers on Honolua Bay, from the bluff overlook above it. And the double waterfall is at Waimea Canyon on Kauai, taken from one of the overlook points. I don't know the name of the falls, just that it was waaaayyy across the canyon from where I was standing. :)

Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When I look at the picture all I see is dark. Can't distinguish what it is.

It is the brand spanking new southern coast of Hawaii. This was about a week before Fissure 8 stopped flowing. It was were the flow was entering the water. About 8 days before we went on this trip one of the tour boats was hit by a lava bomb.

We took the trip that departed at 3:30 am from Hilo. This was just as the sun was rising.
20180727_053150.jpg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
It is the brand spanking new southern coast of Hawaii. This was about a week before Fissure 8 stopped flowing. It was were the flow was entering the water. About 8 days before we went on this trip one of the tour boats was hit by a lava bomb.

We took the trip that departed at 3:30 am from Hilo. This was just as the sun was rising.
View attachment 19471
That is spectacular!!!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Has anyone ever been in this short cave?

View attachment 19398 View attachment 19399
I guess the answer to my question is no. It's the hole in the chin of the Sleeping Giant on Kauai. My brother and I were hiking up the trail to the chin, and a kid told us about the cave. You can't see it from the trail. If you're near where 56 crosses the Wailua River, and look closely, you can see daylight through the hole in the Giant's chin.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

View attachment 19471

That is really cool !!!

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Bonsai .

south point.jpg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The name of the photo gave it away. I made the same mistake. Here's a Google Street view looking the other direction.

1588047646739.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The name of the photo gave it away. I made the same mistake. Here's a Google Street view looking the other direction.

View attachment 19770
I didn't need or use the name on the photo. I recognized it immediately - the terrain, the hoist at the top of the cliff, and the windmills in the distance.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The Middle Picture on Post 84 is Secret Falls on Kaua'i.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Know where this is?

Guess Where.jpg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Anybody recognize this? I'm sure that many have seen this locale, but probably not from this vantage point. A hint - it's neither Kaua'i nor O'ahu.

1588559424122.png