• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going Live With New Tug Login Procedure

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
As I am sure you are aware we have recently changed the way you access the TUG Ratings & Reviews. Gone are the days of using tug/time and that login is no longer valid.

What we have done is attempt to assign each of you a unique username and temporary password for you to access the Ratings & Reviews.

NOTE THAT NOTHING WE HAVE DONE WILL ALTER YOUR BBS FORUMS LOGIN AND PASSWORD, IT REMAINS THE SAME.

For clarification, you can retrieve your RATINGS AND REVIEWS login/password from this link at ANY TIME!

http://tug2.com/tugmembers/PasswordRequestForm.aspx

*****IMPORTANT NOTE******

you must type in the email address we have on file that is tied to your membership to successfully retrieve a valid username/password. If you type in any other email address, you are likely to get an expired username and password as your email does not match up to a valid TUG membership!
If the above form does not recognize your email, please try again using a different email (please remember the one you used to ORIGINALLY JOIN TUG).

If this email is unavailable, or no longer valid....please fill out THIS form so that we may update our records and get you back online!

http://www.timeshare-users-group.com/email.html

*******BBS USERS*******

What we have done is copy over every BBS login and email address, and attempted to MATCH the email addresses to a valid TUG membership.
If we were able to do so, then your BBS login is now also your Ratings and Reviews login, just with a temporary password that you can change as soon as you log into the Ratings and Reviews.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NOTHING HAS ALTERED YOUR BBS LOGIN AND PASSWORD!

All we have done is attempt to make your login/username the SAME for both the Ratings & Reviews...and the Bulletin Board. It is up to you to change your password in the RATINGS AND REVIEWS to match your BBS password (if applicable) so that you will have a single username and password for both areas of TUG.

We apologize for not being able to do this for you, but it is impossible for even administrators to retrieve your BBS passwords due to a security feature of the Bulletin Board software.

So again to recap.

Go here to retrieve your current RATINGS AND REVIEWS username and password:

http://tug2.com/tugmembers/PasswordRequestForm.aspx

Go here to update your TUG MEMBERSHIP PRIMARY EMAIL:

http://www.timeshare-users-group.com/email.html

Go here to RESET your Ratings/Reviews password to match your BBS password:

http://tug2.com/TUGMembers/PasswordChange.aspx

Any other questions...email me at TUG@TUG2.NET

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok...issue #2

it appears that for whatever reason..hotmail and msn do not like our "tug password" emails....they arent going into junk or spam...nor are we getting bounces back...just nothing.

Working on it...no eta. so for those of you who need your username/pw and are hotmail/msn users...email me at tug@tug2.net if it does not get sent to you via normal channels.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one thing to note...if it says you are expired but you do not believe this is the case...simply email me.

I wouldnt want you to renew your membership if you do not have to!

Some members were imported as expired due to the import process from the BBS vs our membership database!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sorry to be dense, but do we have to request the new password or is it being automatically emailed. If automatic - should I have it by now?

Thanks!
Duh-nise :eek:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to be dense, but do we have to request the new password or is it being automatically emailed. If automatic - should I have it by now?

Thanks!
Duh-nise :eek:

depends on what you did...

most people will try to log in with tug/time...which is no longer valid.

you will get a screen that prompts you to verify your email/username and then will send you your password.

or you can just click the forgot password link and have it emailed...whichever floats your boat.

the only issues really involve people who had different emails here on the BBS than they used to sign up with TUG.

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to get the email? I've been waiting for about 5 minutes....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
How long does it take to get the email? I've been waiting for about 5 minutes....

Should be instant...unless you have msn or hotmail.

just resent it to your yahoo account, be sure to check your junk/bulk/spam folder.

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

automated systems like this post the message instantly. Generally delivery should take place in a very few minutes, but how long it takes to get to your inbox depends largely on the various servers it must pass through along the way.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is safe to say that the password that is thered in the user profile of the BBS is still the same as in the past in order to show up as a TUG Member? I entered my new password and it showed me as a guest, switched back and I was listed as a TUG Member again.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did update my password on the page as shown, but now see I am listed as a guest. Can you 'fix' me too?
Thanks!

Until everyone gets used to the idea of having separate individualized logins for the BBS and the Member areas, there is going to be lots of confusion, I fear.

Your new personal password for the Member login area is NOT what you should be entering into your bbs profile to identify yourself to the BBS as a TUG member. This is now called the BBS Member Code, to differentiate it from your personal passwords, and it would have been ideal to include it in the email that gave you your new personal TUG Member Password - unfortunately it was not.

This will be corrected shortly, and the BBS Member Code will be included in the emails from the TUG Member login system, as well as showing on the My TUG page after you log into the TUG Member area -- but we're not there yet. UPDATE: The BBS Member Code is now shown to you when you log into the TUG Member area of the website, in the 'My TUG' box.

In the meanwhile, for the next several weeks until April 23, 2007, both the former universal TUG Member password for access to Reviews, Ratings, etc. and the new BBS Member Code will be honored in your profile here on the bbs to identify you to the BBS as a TUG member. Please put the old TUG Member password back into the TUG BBS Member Code (optional) field in your profile for now, and update it when you receive the new BBS Member Code.

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is safe to say that the password that is thered in the user profile of the BBS is still the same as in the past in order to show up as a TUG Member? I entered my new password and it showed me as a guest, switched back and I was listed as a TUG Member again.

Yes, that is correct, FOR NOW. See my post above, to IreneLF.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe a related issue?

I logged on this morning, read this thread, and dealt with the new stuff (same little issues others have had so I knew what to do).

However, I keep getting logged out after just a few minutes (and I mean like 2 or 3 minutes). I've had this issue for a week now and I have to say it's kinda annoying. And just 20 minutes ago I simply couldn't get back in at all after being booted out! When I tried to log back in, it thanked me for logging in, showed my correct user name, but when it put me into the BBS, I was not logged in after all. After trying a dozen times to get back in, I gave up, closed down, and then tried again after waitng 20 minutes - and here I am...for however long before I get bumped out again.

When you get a chance, can you check into what may be causing my issue? Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
are you saying thats happening in the member only section (ratings/reviews?) or just here on the BBS?

Everything you describe screams of a cookie issue, do you have any anti spyware tools / internet explorer toolbars / internet security tools such as zonealarm, blackice, etc etc that are designed to protect you on the internet?

each of these items can identify the TUGBBS.COM and TUG2.COM cookies as something dangerous to your system and block its use.

Sadly it is REQUIRED for our systems to keep you logged in (due to the fact that many sites use cookies for bad things...we however do not).

One common fix is to add TUGBBS.COM , TUG2.NET , TUG2.COM to your TRUSTED SITES in both your internet explorer/firefox settings...but any spyware/internet programs you may have running.

steps to add to trusted sites

Open Internet Explorer.
Click Tools and select Internet Options.
Click the Security tab.
Click Trusted Sites.
Click Sites.
Click to uncheck the Require Server Verification box.
Type tugbbs.com in the Add this Web site to the zone field, and click Add.
Repeat step 7 to enter the following domains one at a time:
tug2.net
tug2.com
tug1.org
timeshare-users-group.com
Click to check the Require Server Verification box.
Click OK.

JillC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Membership expiration

Just received my new password. I, too, cannot log in as it says I have expired. Do not believe this to be the case either. Please help. Also, if my username was supposed to automatically pop up in the review section, this did not happen. Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just received my new password. I, too, cannot log in as it says I have expired. Do not believe this to be the case either. Please help. Also, if my username was supposed to automatically pop up in the review section, this did not happen. Thanks.

fixed you...you used a different email address for the BBS vs when you joined TUG...this causes the expiration issue.

Your membership is linked to your valley.net account for an fyi

You should be able to log in now!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I usually just get into TUG BBS automatically beacuse of cookies. I just logged out and tried to get back in and got an invalid. Got the email, but it does not work.

Usinf a different browser now, with old pW

your BBS login does not change...all we have done was copy your chosen bbs username to the new TUG member only section and given you a temporary password.

If we could pull your passwords out of the BBS and assign them to the member only sections we would! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
new password works in TUG MEMBER ONLY SECTION:

http://www.tug2.com/TugMembers/Login.aspx

BBS password did NOT change...and should still be perfectly valid.

Once you log into the above link with temp password, feel free to change it using the "change password" link to match your BBS password and then you will have the same username and password for BOTH!

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wil try...

are you saying thats happening in the member only section (ratings/reviews?) or just here on the BBS?

Everything you describe screams of a cookie issue, do you have any anti spyware tools / internet explorer toolbars / internet security tools such as zonealarm, blackice, etc etc that are designed to protect you on the internet?

each of these items can identify the TUGBBS.COM and TUG2.COM cookies as something dangerous to your system and block its use.

Sadly it is REQUIRED for our systems to keep you logged in (due to the fact that many sites use cookies for bad things...we however do not).

One common fix is to add TUGBBS.COM , TUG2.NET , TUG2.COM to your TRUSTED SITES in both your internet explorer/firefox settings...but any spyware/internet programs you may have running.

steps to add to trusted sites

Open Internet Explorer.
Click Tools and select Internet Options.
Click the Security tab.
Click Trusted Sites.
Click Sites.
Click to uncheck the Require Server Verification box.
Type tugbbs.com in the Add this Web site to the zone field, and click Add.
Repeat step 7 to enter the following domains one at a time:
tug2.net
tug2.com
tug1.org
timeshare-users-group.com
Click to check the Require Server Verification box.
Click OK.

Yes, just on the BBS...not the reviews area. I will try the cookie thing. Thanks - and I'll let you know if it helps.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Brian -

You might post somewhere prominently when the various e-mail (e.g., hotmail) issues are fixed. Like others, I am patiently waiting, but it's tedious to wade through all of the messages in this thread (with many more posts to come) for a single issue.

M&M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Password Change?

Can we now change our Member Login Password to match our BBS Login Password? I'd rather have only one

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can we now change our Member Login Password to match our BBS Login Password? I'd rather have only one

Yep, that's what *I* did. When logged on, look for the 'Change Password' link in the 'My TUG' box, right above the BBS Member Code.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please add me to the list with login problem.

I am now showing as a member on the BBS

Yep, you finally entered the BBS Member Code into your bbs profile instead of your assigned member password for the new system.

but when try to access reviews etc. it says my memberhip has expired.

If your email address on the bbs is different than the one in your TUG membership records, they will not have been able to pre-match your bbs username up with your membership account. In this case, when you log in to the new system with your new password, you will be told your account is not active. If you know what address is in your TUG Membership records, try doing a password reminder request by entering that email address.

M&M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question...

Yep, that's what *I* did. When logged on, look for the 'Change Password' link in the 'My TUG' box, right above the BBS Member Code.

Which password does that change, the BBS password or the Members Only password? I want to keep my BBS password and change the Members Only password.

Thanks,
Mike

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which password does that change, the BBS password or the Members Only password? I want to keep my BBS password and change the Members Only password.

Thanks,
Mike
The discussion in this thread is about the new login system for the TUG Members area. So, yes, the instructions above are for changing your Member area password.

(You access your bbs password via your bbs profile and/or the User CP [User Control Panel] in the blue navigation bar from within the bbs. There is no 'My TUG' box anywhere in the bbs.)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please add me to the list with login problem.

I am now showing as a member on the BBS but when try to access reviews etc. it says my memberhip has expired.

Tis because you are requesting your password using the email you used to sign up for the BBS...vs the one you used to sign up for TUG.

please email me tug@tug2.net with your contact info so I can manually edit your membership.