• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Club Question for trade and use.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
If you own a Platinum in Grande Vista, can you book a gold season in Ocean Pointe in the Florida Club or do you have to go thru II?
Or do I need to own a gold week at GV to avoid II? And would it greatly affect my trade power in II to get mostly off season
Marriott trades to mostly Florida resorts with the very occasional possibly KoOlina, St Thomas, maybe Aruba.
And what are the fees to trade within the Florida Club?

I'm considering buying a Marriott trader but having the option of OP is appealing.
I know I'd need to book it anyway to get my DVC trades.

Is it possible to split your booking by depositing half of a lock off to II for trading and then using the other half?
What would the fees be to do that?

Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Florida Club is always like for like, both season and unit size. So to get into a different season you need to use II.

There is no fee to use the Florida Club, but there is a lock off fee ($95?) and exchange fees ($164 Marriott to Marriott).

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Club is always like for like, both season and unit size. So to get into a different season you need to use II.

There is no fee to use the Florida Club, but there is a lock off fee ($95?) and exchange fees ($164 Marriott to Marriott).

Lockoff fee is $99 now.

Florida Club fee is $4 annually. You pay it as part of your maintenance fees every year for each Florida club deed, even if you don’t use the feature in a given year.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Lockoff fee is $99 now.

Florida Club fee is $4 annually. You pay it as part of your maintenance fees every year for each Florida club deed, even if you don’t use the feature in a given year.
Thanks for clarification on the lock off fee. I knew it went up and the FAQ still shows it at $90.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own a Platinum in Grande Vista, can you book a gold season in Ocean Pointe in the Florida Club or do you have to go thru II?
Or do I need to own a gold week at GV to avoid II? And would it greatly affect my trade power in II to get mostly off season
Marriott trades to mostly Florida resorts with the very occasional possibly KoOlina, St Thomas, maybe Aruba.
And what are the fees to trade within the Florida Club?

I'm considering buying a Marriott trader but having the option of OP is appealing.
I know I'd need to book it anyway to get my DVC trades.

Is it possible to split your booking by depositing half of a lock off to II for trading and then using the other half?
What would the fees be to do that?

Thanks.
“Is it possible to split your booking by depositing half of a lock off to II for trading and then using the other half?
What would the fees be to do that?”

With your home resort week yes.

You can also use II to exchange back into your own resort in a different season and request or manual exchange into a larger unit with an upsize fee.

Owning MVC and having priority exchange into the brand really helps- deposit your MVC into II as far in advance as possible (12+ months will have the request in place when owners begin to deposit).

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
This is a learning for me. So a platinum cannot book into a lower week. Well that's unfortunate.

I am waiting to complete a transfer of a MGV 2 bedroom platinum. It included 2024 use, but I do not expect to to be fully complete before Labour day. With the exception of weeks 51 and 52, platinum weeks will have passed. Pretty sure 51 and 52 have been fully booked.

Doe this mean I lose my 2024 week?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is a learning for me. So a platinum cannot book into a lower week. Well that's unfortunate.

I am waiting to complete a transfer of a MGV 2 bedroom platinum. It included 2024 use, but I do not expect to to be fully complete before Labour day. With the exception of weeks 51 and 52, platinum weeks will have passed. Pretty sure 51 and 52 have been fully booked.

Doe this mean I lose my 2024 week?
If there are no 2024 weeks still available to book, ask Marriott to provide you with a supplemental deposit. Or you can take a look at this post and do what they did to ask for special treatment.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
“Is it possible to split your booking by depositing half of a lock off to II for trading and then using the other half?
What would the fees be to do that?”

With your home resort week yes.

You can also use II to exchange back into your own resort in a different season and request or manual exchange into a larger unit with an upsize fee.

Owning MVC and having priority exchange into the brand really helps- deposit your MVC into II as far in advance as possible (12+ months will have the request in place when owners begin to deposit).
So you can't book say a 2 bedroom at Ocean pointe with the FL club being a GV owner and deposit the studio side?
I doubt I would want to use my 1 or 2 bedroom at GV and deposit the studio?

I'd prefer to use the 1 or 2 bedroom at OP and deposit that studio instead hopefully just paying the deposit fee and not having to pay an exchange fee if I
use the FL club but it seems you are saying that's not possible?

Is the inventory in the FL club different than what you'd get in II?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
If there are no 2024 weeks still available to book, ask Marriott to provide you with a supplemental deposit. Or you can take a look at this post and do what they did to ask for special treatment.
This was my fear too about taking on a Platinum so late this year.
Thanks for this. And it's a shame you can't downtrade from Platinum to Gold because I prefer gold season at OP as a Floridian but Platinum for Orlando.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
So does II give AC's for deposits if you split up your unit?
And if so, do those AC's see other Marriotts?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
ACs see very limited locations and inventory, even the ones that are given for deposits. Don't count on "something good". It does provide the ability to put in a search and also a window of a year from when the deposit is first made. I got 3 in my account now from making deposits and will let them lapse.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So you can't book say a 2 bedroom at Ocean pointe with the FL club being a GV owner and deposit the studio side?
I doubt I would want to use my 1 or 2 bedroom at GV and deposit the studio?

I'd prefer to use the 1 or 2 bedroom at OP and deposit that studio instead hopefully just paying the deposit fee and not having to pay an exchange fee if I
use the FL club but it seems you are saying that's not possible?

Is the inventory in the FL club different than what you'd get in II?
Yes, you can lock off with the Florida Club. So you could book a studio at Ocean Pointe and the one bedroom at Grande Vista. Both or either one can be deposited into II.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We regularily see offers to deposit our Florida Club weeks. We actually had one this year but it went away before we could deposit. Don't expect Marriotts. You might see them now and then, sometimes more last minute. There were a bunch of Palm Desert studios show up for this summer on an AC. But booking good Marriott units with an AC further out is rather rare.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can lock off with the Florida Club. So you could book a studio at Ocean Pointe and the one bedroom at Grande Vista. Both or either one can be deposited into II.
I think he is asking if you can lock off post florida club booking (“So you can't book say a 2 bedroom at Ocean pointe with the FL club being a GV owner and deposit the studio side?”).
I don’t know the answer to that question.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think he is asking if you can lock off post florida club booking (“So you can't book say a 2 bedroom at Ocean pointe with the FL club being a GV owner and deposit the studio side?”).

With the Florida Club you can book like for like, season for season. So, there is no reason you can't obtain a two bedroom (subject to availability) either at Beach Place or Ocean Pointe and subsequently lock it off for use or deposit. You could also go for Doral or Legends Edge but neither of those can be locked off.

Remember you can only use the booking procedure for the Florida Club beginning at the six month mark (seven months out if you have two weeks and are booking consecutively or concurrently).

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes you can lock it off after booking at either of the FC resorts that have lockoffs. BPT or OP. And both resorts are 100% lockoffs; there are no dedicated 2BR units. That said they do limit the number of units that can be locked off sometimes- so it’s still subject to availability but I would guess it’s pretty rare that it wouldn’t be available.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
Yes you can lock it off after booking at either of the FC resorts that have lockoffs. BPT or OP. And both resorts are 100% lockoffs; there are no dedicated 2BR units. That said they do limit the number of units that can be locked off sometimes- so it’s still subject to availability but I would guess it’s pretty rare that it wouldn’t be available.
Are there 3 bedroom units that can be locked off at GV to OP?
Would that get you the 2 bedroom and studio? Or do they not exist at OP?
I thought they had 3 bedrooms or are they dedicated 3 bedrooms?
So is it not good to buy a 3 bedroom to do the lock off for depositing to II?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
ACs see very limited locations and inventory, even the ones that are given for deposits. Don't count on "something good". It does provide the ability to put in a search and also a window of a year from when the deposit is first made. I got 3 in my account now from making deposits and will let them lapse.
Well for me "something good" is Orlando Marriotts. LOL
I just don't want to see the crappy Orlando units only.
I used to see lots of Marriotts with my AC's with my other TS deposits and last year
they cut me off of all Marriotts which is why I'm getting rid of my BG and moving onto
hopefully Marriott now.
I was able to get a Vistana last year in Spring Break but that was it for top tier in Orlando.
Luckily I own at some top tiers already but I use those for other things.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
Great, so you just pay the $99 fee and can use the OP unit and deposit the studio for later trading?
So if I purchased a 3 bedroom GV, would I be able to get a 3 bedroom at OP (or are they impossible)
or a 2 bedroom at OP for my personal use and a studio at GV, BP to deposit.
Use the 2 bedroom OP and deposit the studio BP or GV?

Is it just take whatever combo is available in the FL club for use and trade?
Is that how it works?
Or does it have to be the full available unit, "like for like" type thing in regards to size and season deal?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there 3 bedroom units that can be locked off at GV to OP?
Would that get you the 2 bedroom and studio? Or do they not exist at OP?
I thought they had 3 bedrooms or are they dedicated 3 bedrooms?
So is it not good to buy a 3 bedroom to do the lock off for depositing to II?

Yes, there are 3 bedroom units @ Grande Vista to swap into Ocean Pointe.

Yes, that would be a 2 bedroom and a studio @ Ocean Pointe.

I believe Grande Vista has both dedicated and lock off 3 bedroom units. All the 3 bedrooms @ Ocean Pointe do lock off.

Free advice? If Ocean Pointe is your preferred location over Grande Vista then I would suggest you purchase at Ocean Pointe instead. I believe it's easier to get into Grande Vista than it is to Ocean Pointe when using The Florida Club. More routine availability at Grande Vista.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
With the Florida Club you can book like for like, season for season. So, there is no reason you can't obtain a two bedroom (subject to availability) either at Beach Place or Ocean Pointe and subsequently lock it off for use or deposit. You could also go for Doral or Legends Edge but neither of those can be locked off.

Remember you can only use the booking procedure for the Florida Club beginning at the six month mark (seven months out if you have two weeks and are booking consecutively or concurrently).

If you own a 3 bedroom but only 2 bedrooms are available what happens to the studio?
Can you choose something else from the FL club inventory?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV

So is the FL club inventory all 2 bedrooms?
So buying a GV 3 bedroom wouldn't work for this or is it not part of the FL club?
Do I need to stick to 2 bedrooms at GV?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
Yes, there are 3 bedroom units @ Grande Vista to swap into Ocean Pointe.

Yes, that would be a 2 bedroom and a studio @ Ocean Pointe.

I believe Grande Vista has both dedicated and lock off 3 bedroom units. All the 3 bedrooms @ Ocean Pointe do lock off.

Free advice? If Ocean Pointe is your preferred location over Grande Vista then I would suggest you purchase at Ocean Pointe instead. I believe it's easier to get into Grande Vista than it is to Ocean Pointe when using The Florida Club. More routine availability at Grande Vista.

OP isn't necessarily my preferred location.
I prefer Oceana Palms and Marco and would more than likely be trading thru II anyway to go there
because I'd probably buy a Platinum to go to a gold season at the Palms or Marco.
But I'm thinking an occasional OP non-trade would be okay too.
Nice to have options.

Now are all 3 bedrooms at GV in the FL Club?
And how do you know if they are in the FL club?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is the FL club inventory all 2 bedrooms?
So buying a GV 3 bedroom wouldn't work for this or is it not part of the FL club?
Do I need to stick to 2 bedrooms at GV?

The Florida Club concept is "like for like". In essence if you want to use a studio then you swap for a studio, a one bedroom for a one bedroom, a two bedroom for a two bedroom, and a 3 bedroom for a 3 bedroom.

This means if you have a lock off villa @ GV you can reserve the entire unit and use the Florida Club to go elsewhere, OR you can lock off the Villa and use pieces to go elsewhere. Note that only two bedroom sized units can be used to go to Doral and Legends Edge. Studios and one bedrooms (as well as two bedrooms) can be used to go to Beachplace and Ocean Pointe. Remember, like for like and season for season.

Not all Grande Vista villas belong to the Florida Club whereas every Ocean Pointe, Beachplace, Doral, and Legends Edge do belong to The Florida Club.

If you see any resale at Grande Vista then you should inquire @ Marriott to confirm that that particular resale villa is in fact a member of The Florida Club.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a thread with Jeremy document the unit numbers at GV that are in the Florida Club. Jeremy has repeated here: