• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Club Question for trade and use.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well for me "something good" is Orlando Marriotts. LOL
I just don't want to see the crappy Orlando units only.
I used to see lots of Marriotts with my AC's with my other TS deposits and last year
they cut me off of all Marriotts which is why I'm getting rid of my BG and moving onto
hopefully Marriott now.
I was able to get a Vistana last year in Spring Break but that was it for top tier in Orlando.
Luckily I own at some top tiers already but I use those for other things.
What II offers on an AC is up to them and I don’t believe it is related to your ownership (I could be wrong on that, I only own MVC so I can’t compare).
AC’s are II’s way of getting rid of excess inventory.
Right now I have an AC good until October and I see some availability (including 2Br) at the 2 Sheraton Vistana resorts for July, Aug & Sept and studios at Grand Vista and Harbour Lake for August and mid September- those are the only Abound family resorts. There are also golf rated Parkway and Star Island.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Great, so you just pay the $99 fee and can use the OP unit and deposit the studio for later trading?
So if I purchased a 3 bedroom GV, would I be able to get a 3 bedroom at OP (or are they impossible)
or a 2 bedroom at OP for my personal use and a studio at GV, BP to deposit.
Use the 2 bedroom OP and deposit the studio BP or GV?

Is it just take whatever combo is available in the FL club for use and trade?
Is that how it works?
Or does it have to be the full available unit, "like for like" type thing in regards to size and season deal?
I exchange a 2BR grande vista Plat Easter week for a 3BR OP Easter week using request first. I did request first in case I did not get a 2BR at OP, I would cancel the GV resie and use Florida Club for a studio and 1BR OP to trade.
I have to say I was shocked to get the three bedroom, I would not count on that happening but you would very likely get a 2BR gold OPpoint or O Palms with a 1BR Plat OP.

Please do not consider a gold Marriott, the trade power would be significantly less.

OP has 3BR locks off ton2BR and studio.
GV has both dedicated 3BR and Lock off 2BR and studio - when you are booking you can indicate which type unit you would like .
Never say never but it would be difficult to book a 2BR at OP using Florida Club 6 month resie. The majority of units are 2BR lock offs and people split to deposit. However Marriott does bulk deposit summer 2BR units

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What II offers on an AC is up to them and I don’t believe it is related to your ownership (I could be wrong on that, I only own MVC so I can’t compare).
Right now I have an AC good until October and I see some availability (including 2Br) at the 2 Sheraton Vistana resorts for July, Aug & Sept and studios at Grand Vista and Harbour Lake for August and mid September- those are the only Abound family resorts. There are also golf rated Parkway and Star Island.
@chriske I was going to search using my AC but pamplemousse did it for me.
I know this is your preferred time for beach resorts - what about Orlando?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
I used to get 3 bedroom Grande Vistas on some of my ACs.
Those were the days. Sigh. 😿
I definitely need 2 bedrooms at least.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
I exchange a 2BR grande vista Plat Easter week for a 3BR OP Easter week using request first. I did request first in case I did not get a 2BR at OP, I would cancel the GV resie and use Florida Club for a studio and 1BR OP to trade.
I have to say I was shocked to get the three bedroom, I would not count on that happening but you would very likely get a 2BR gold OPpoint or O Palms with a 1BR Plat OP.

Please do not consider a gold Marriott, the trade power would be significantly less.

OP has 3BR locks off ton2BR and studio.
GV has both dedicated 3BR and Lock off 2BR and studio - when you are booking you can indicate which type unit you would like .
Never say never but it would be difficult to book a 2BR at OP using Florida Club 6 month resie. The majority of units are 2BR lock offs and people split to deposit. However Marriott does bulk deposit summer 2BR units
This is great to know.
A 3 bedroom at OP in gold season would be perfect if I got it thru II
How many years ago was this?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
@chriske I was going to search using my AC but pamplemousse did it for me.
I know this is your preferred time for beach resorts - what about Orlando?
Orlando is all over the map for us depending on what we want to do.
But my usual is May, October and December.
But now with the grand kids and school holidays we are doing more spring break
And summer stuff too although I refuse to do theme parks in the summer.
It’s just too hot and rainy. 🙄

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
Another side question.
Can a 3 bedroom be locked off into 3 units in the FL club for depositing as two studios and a 1 bedroom or just as 2 units?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is great to know.
A 3 bedroom at OP in gold season would be perfect if I got it thru II
How many years ago was this?
It's a unicorn for sure!
April 2025

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another side question.
Can a 3 bedroom be locked off into 3 units in the FL club for depositing as two studios and a 1 bedroom or just as 2 units?

No. Just 2 units.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured but you never know.

Someone here reported in the past that they were able to do it once- but I think it was more likely just a rep that didn't know any better and did it by mistake.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
If you have a 3BR at say GV that locks off into a studio and 2BR, can you trade the 2BR for a 2BR that locks off in the FL Club and then lock off that unit to deposit into II. I'm guessing no but my brain won't stop asking me until I get an answer.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a 3BR at say GV that locks off into a studio and 2BR, can you trade the 2BR for a 2BR that locks off in the FL Club and then lock off that unit to deposit into II. I'm guessing no but my brain won't stop asking me until I get an answer.
It's been reported that some were able to do so but as I understand it, the rule is this should not be allowed. I wouldn't count on it.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
It's been reported that some were able to do so but as I understand it, the rule is this should not be allowed. I wouldn't count on it.
Hmmmmm😋