• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shout Out To Dedicated Timeshare Services for A Redweek Managed Purchase

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
I just purchased an EOY Even 3 bedroom Grand Chateau that includes the 2024 usage. I cringe when I think about the timeframe it takes for Redweek to get a simple cookie cutter sales contract in place and off to the closing agent. The contract signing is done using DocuSign (electronically) so there is no mail lag time This time was slightly worse than my other experience. This time the first contract was voided after my signature because the sellers name was spelled incorrectly. The offer was accepted on March 7th and contract finally executed by April 4th. On April 8th I got an email from Redweek notifying me that my file will be moved over to the closing agent.

Dedicated Timeshare Services, LLC is the closing agent for Redweek during the selling process. Dedicated does all the heavy lifting once the sales contract is signed. I was introduced to them during my first timeshare purchased from Redweek in 2020. Since then, I have used Dedicated twice when selling my timeshare on my own, once when I purchased from a broker and insisted Dedicated be used and now with this purchase. I believe Dedicated handles all Redweek’s closing, but has a group that just works specifically with Redweek’s Marriott closings. They also also handle closings independently of Redweek. Back to the timeline. On April 10th I got the welcome package from Dedicated with documents to sign and instructions for the escrow deposit. I mailed everything back and provided the tracking number via email. Dedicated let me know when they received it and on April 23rd, let me know the ROFR was waived. I received the deed for review on the April 26th along with the transfer forms and address to mail the remaining balance. Everything was sent back on my end April 29th. May 15th, I was notified via email that the deed is recorded and given tracking number for the packet that was sent to Owner Modification at MVCI. Redweek took a month to get out of the sales contract phase, while Dedicated Timeshare Services took a little over a month to take it to recorded deed and packet sent to Marriott.
There are variables in the closing process such as the ROFR waiver and how quickly buyer/seller responds that are outside of any closing company’s control. The best closing companies expediently do the work they do control in a professional and accurate manner. This is the reason I am giving a shout out to Dedicated Timeshare Services. All 5 of my closing were handled the same way by Dedicated.

As a reminder, this unit is a trader so the sooner I get the week into my MVCI account and into II, the more valuable the trading power. Now onto Owner Services, let the fun begin.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
So looking to complete the timeline.
- March 7 - April 8th in Redweeks hands to finish the sales contract process. This should have taken no longer than 10 days.
- April 10th - May 15th - The closing process which includes the ROFR waiver to mailing out the document package to MVCI in Lankland Fl.
I am very happy with the turn around time and thankful Dedicated stayed on top of everything.
- May 17th - TBD - Received at MVCI today. This will include getting the unit in my MVCI account along with the reserved week (week 43). If anyones want to play "Guestimate - name the number of weeks", feel free to offer your opinion. My plan is to wait a week and then send an email to modification services.
- Last Phase - getting the week in my II account and depositing the 2024 unit to place 2025 trade requests.

Last edited:

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
So looking to complete the timeline.
- March 7 - April 8th in Redweeks hands to finish the sales contract process. This should have taken no longer than 10 days.
- April 10th - May 15th - The closing process which includes the ROFR waiver to mailing out the document package to MVCI in Lankland Fl.
I am very happy with the turn around time and thankful Dedicated stayed on top of everything.
- May 17th - TBD - Received at MVCI today. This will include getting the unit in my MVCI account along with the reserved week (week 43). If anyones want to play "Guestimate - name the number of weeks", feel free to offer your opinion. My plan is to wait a week and then send an email to modification services.
- Last Phase - getting the week in my II account and depositing the 2024 unit to place 2025 trade requests.
FYI only. Received an e-mail on February 14th from Dedicated Timeshare on a 3 bedroom MGC Redweek purchase with the following message: "Attached is the recorded copy of the Deed. Once the checks are cut from escrow and mailed to us, a copy of the recorded Deed will be mailed to the Resort, Priority Mail, when the funds are received from escrow.

The next step in this process is for the Resort to receive, review and recognize the transfer in their system."

It's May 17th and the week is still not in the account. Marriott takes a long time......................to process. So I would expect August at the earliest for the week to be in your account.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI only. Received an e-mail on February 14th from Dedicated Timeshare on a 3 bedroom MGC Redweek purchase with the following message: "Attached is the recorded copy of the Deed. Once the checks are cut from escrow and mailed to us, a copy of the recorded Deed will be mailed to the Resort, Priority Mail, when the funds are received from escrow.

The next step in this process is for the Resort to receive, review and recognize the transfer in their system."

It's May 17th and the week is still not in the account. Marriott takes a long time......................to process. So I would expect August at the earliest for the week to be in your account.
Did you ask for and get a copy of the tracking number so you know when it was received. My last two transfers took 6 weeks. That would suck because the end of August will have me into the 60 day window of my week. Have you called owner modification services?

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The most recent week I purchased was sent to Marriott on 3/16/24 and the transfer still has not been completed- so you are looking at 60+ days at least. I'll let you know once it goes through on what the final day count is. I would say late July is your best case scenario.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I thought MVC was only taking about 8 weeks max to complete the transfer? Something doesn't seem right?

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
I thought MVC was only taking about 8 weeks max to complete the transfer? Something doesn't seem right?
The current turnaround time is currently "45-60 business days" (~9-12 weeks) according to the MVC owner modifications department.
I am also still waiting for my most recent purchase to make it into my MVC account... Marriott has confirmed that they received the transfer request and necessary documents on March 7 (technically USPS shows the documents being delivered March 5). I inquired a couple weeks ago and their response was: "We received the transfer request on 3.7, we are working with a 45-60 business day turnaround time from when the request was received. We will process your request as soon as possible. Thank you."
By my calculation I'm at 51 business days now, so hopefully it will finally show up in the next week or 2.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My plan is to wait a week and then send an email to modification services.
I suspect a week won't be nearly enough time. Unless it is to just ensure they received something. I am of the thought that those kinds of emails are big time sucks for them. They could be using that time to instead do another transfer or two.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
suspect a week won't be nearly enough time. Unless it is to just ensure they received something. I am of the thought that those kinds of emails are big time sucks for them. They could be using that time to instead do another transfer or two.

You are correct, my first reach out will be to make sure it is in their "process". I had on instance when they misplaced some of the paperwork. They blamed it on the closing company and said it was never sent. This was not the case.

I guess we think differently. Owner Services will connect you or provide you will an email. I think that departments that service customers and provide emails and phone numbers for customers to reach out, want customers to reach out. Closing companies know what MVCI is looking for. Dedicated Timeshare Services has a group that interacts with only Marriott for Redweek. Forget about the time frame mentioned above, it should not take 6 weeks (30 business days) to review paper work and update a system. I will say the length of time it takes are more meaningful to some if it includes a 2024 week during 2024. Sorry, but of If it sucks responding, than good, get the job done faster.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You are correct, my first reach out will be to make sure it is in their "process". I had on instance when they misplaced some of the paperwork. They blamed it on the closing company and said it was never sent. This was not the case.

I guess we think differently. Owner Services will connect you or provide you will an email. I think that departments that service customers and provide emails and phone numbers for customers to reach out, want customers to reach out. Closing companies know what MVCI is looking for. Dedicated Timeshare Services has a group that interacts with only Marriott for Redweek. Forget about the time frame mentioned above, it should not take 6 weeks (30 business days) to review paper work and update a system. I will say the length of time it takes are more meaningful to some if it includes a 2024 week during 2024. Sorry, but of If it sucks responding, than good, get the job done faster.
The reality is, it only takes them a few minutes to process each one. Maybe 20 minutes max. It is the stack of backlogged transfer requests that causes the 6-8 week delay. Though they are usually quick to pull the checks out and cash them.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just closed on a Grand Chateau unit Last week with LT Transfer. They did an excellent job. Marriott took right at 60 BUSINESS DAYS from date of receipt of the transfer package. Marriott told LT Transfer that their standard to process the name change is 60 BUSINESS DAYS.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just closed on a Grand Chateau unit Last week with LT Transfer. They did an excellent job. Marriott took right at 60 BUSINESS DAYS from date of receipt of the transfer package. Marriott told LT Transfer that their standard to process the name change is 60 BUSINESS DAYS.
Curious, is this a 2024 start or 2025?

Think about this. if it is really 4 months, having started early March with a purchase, asking for the last week of October for a reservation, and I will miss depositing within 60 days, I will be within 30 days of travel. But another way, anyone buying a 2024 use year after June 1, 2024 will miss the usage.

Shame on them for thinking they can take so long to do a simple name change and if I let them take so long with my 2024 deposit, I guess I deserve it if I don’t take advantage iof being able to reachout to owner modifications

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott has been known to provide replacement deposits to II if you miss the usage in a given use year. They've even done it after the start of the new year. I don't know if I have ever seen a situation reported where they haven't. So even if you aren't able to reserve and deposit 2024, chances are you will still get the deposits and you can often also lock off. The actual week for deposit probably isn't as important as many people make it out to be.

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott has been known to provide supplemental deposits to II if you miss the usage in a given use year. They've even done it after the start of the new year. I don't know if I have ever seen a situation reported where they haven't. So even if you aren't able to reserve and deposit 2024, chances are you will still get the deposits and you can often also lock off. The actual week for deposit probably isn't as important as many people make it out to be.
I do not think it will run past reservation, but if 12 weeks is correct, it will put me within 60 days of reservation. I believe the same restriction as a replacement week so while it is good to know, it doesn’t make a difference.

I started the add on to my original post to get a guesstimate. Everyone’s input above, giving their experiences with the real-time timeframe is useful. Your input along with others are useful. Me whining about my week because I don’t like the answer is not so I will stop it and only post what I think might be useful. I will call in a week to make sure they have what they need. I will reach out 3 weeks after this to find out status. If I can move the needle two weeks sooner or more, this will be useful to me and maybe useful to others. Having managed sales team at all level, sometimes it is as simple as all you have to do is ask. A no gives the same results as not asking

Let the realtime or guestimate continue.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think it will run past reservation, but if 12 weeks is correct, it will put me within 60 days of reservation. I believe the same restriction as a replacement week so while it is good to know, it doesn’t make a difference.

I started the add on to my original post to get a guesstimate. Everyone’s input above, giving their experiences with the real-time timeframe is useful. Your input along with others are useful. Me whining about my week because I don’t like the answer is not so I will stop it and only post what I think might be useful. I will call in a week to make sure they have what they need. I will reach out 3 weeks after this to find out status. If I can move the needle two weeks sooner or more, this will be useful to me and maybe useful to others. Having managed sales team at all level, sometimes it is as simple as all you have to do is ask. A no gives the same results as not asking

My opinion? Using the circumstances you have described as to when you may have physical possession then I would just forego depositing 2024 use into Interval International and go ahead and "rent" your 2024 week instead. Lock it off and make two rentals instead of possibly incurring a late deposit into Interval International.

Why stress yourself out over something you have absolutely no control over?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

The thing is, it is usually difficult to make a reservation inside 60 days. So I am not sure within 60 days of reservation will matter. Marriott usually scoops up any unreserved weeks at 75 days. By the time the week gets into your account, there may not even be any weeks left to reserve for 2024. So a replacement deposit may be the only option.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

Replacement weeks are typically NOT limited to flex-change rules. Though occasionally some people have reported they have received a flex change restricted week as a replacement week.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau is a crappy renter but still an option. I am going to let this play out and figure it out when I need to.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Did you ask for and get a copy of the tracking number so you know when it was received. My last two transfers took 6 weeks. That would suck because the end of August will have me into the 60 day window of my week. Have you called owner modification services?
E-mail from Marriott Ownership modifications received today (5/21/24) with the following "Thank you for your recent request to Marriott Vacation Club International. I am happy to assist with the ownership change of the Grand Chateau property.

I have updated our internal records to reflect the ownership change.............."

I anticipate the week showing up in our account tomorrow. You are looking at just under 3 months for your week to be in the account once Marriott receives the documents. Good luck!

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
E-mail from Marriott Ownership modifications received today (5/21/24) with the following "Thank you for your recent request to Marriott Vacation Club International. I am happy to assist with the ownership change of the Grand Chateau property.

I have updated our internal records to reflect the ownership change.............."

I anticipate the week showing up in our account tomorrow. You are looking at just under 3 months for your week to be in the account once Marriott receives the documents. Good luck!
Thank you for the update. Real time info is what I am looking for and you provided it. Quick question, did you reach out on your own at any point or you let the process naturally happen ?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think that departments that service customers and provide emails and phone numbers for customers to reach out, want customers to reach out.
I can tell you for a fact, they don't want you to really contact them. No one in corp America wants to receive and work a bunch of emails. Entire phone systems have been setup with IVR to try to direct customers away from actually talking to a human. Just try to get hold of the pharmacist at CVS these days is a pain. It will only get worse with generative language models (also called AI).

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the update. Real time info is what I am looking for and you provided it. Quick question, did you reach out on your own at any point or you let the process naturally happen ?
I did not contact them as I believe we were still inside the 60 business day turnaround (just barely).

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was transferred over to owner modification today. Very nice men who let me know my package is in the queue marked yesterday. I was told that the last week account transfers where from Feb 27th. Using this as the guide, he said my transfer should be completed in August. The group gets about 3000 transfers a month and there are less than 10 people in the department that are actually responsible for the transfer. He was not one of them.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent an email to Owner Modification, subject "Assistance Would Be Greatly Appreciated".
I explained my desire to deposit the week into II, my concern about the current 12 week window as explained to me by my transfer call to Owner Modification and the diminishing the trade value with waiting 12 weeks. I asked them to go into my account to see that every Grand Chateau reserved by me gets deposited into II so I am not making this up. I ended it with "If something came be done, it will be greatly appreciated. If not I understand".

There was a reply asking me for a little more info. My EOY E unit is in my MVCI account and my 2024 weeks have been deposited into II. If you believe you have a legitimate reason to ask to expedite the transfer, you should reach out. 12 weeks would have bothered me but I would have not reached out if it wasn't for a 2024 use year.

Attachments

• VG_3XXX_14_TRANSFER COMPLETED.pdf
    553.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First trade with the 2024 1 bedroom in. Newport Coast June 1 - June 8 2025. Along with this, I grabbed a second week using points. Will test the waters with the family when we are in HHI at the end of the month to see if we can agree on Newport instead of HHI next year. If I can get them to agree, I will try and grab a second week using II and only then cancel the week using points. If not, their loss. My wife and I will go alone or with friends.

The value of owning any good trader. I will ignore both the initial cost of ownership and using a rental comparison both of which would favor the trader. The MF for the GC's use is around 2400. For simplicity say the MF for the 2 and 1 bedroom lookoff is 1200 each. It cost $312 to trade (164 II fee, 59 upgrade and 89 e-plus) so total $1512. If I compare it to the MF of the Newport resort of 2000 (with property tax), a little bit of a savings.

I wasn't going to do a II Platinum upgrade but they wanted to charge me $39 to add the EOY E to my account because it is considered different than EOY O week. With two upgrade fee saving this year with the 2024 and 2025 EOY week, it was a wash since if you upgrade they add the week for free.