• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc Resale Questions

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at buying embarc points to get access to Canadian Ski resorts. I anticipate strictly using with Embarc for myself or renting ski weeks.

1. What are points going for per point resale?
2. What restrictions are on resale points?
3. Is there other fees to consider? Booking? Guest cert. etc?
4. Are the points required for booking based on the TDI in interval? (I found a chart referencing this online)
5. What booking window applies and are resale points disadvantaged at all for booking?
Anything else I should be aware of?

That’s all the questions off the top of my head. I appreciate the help!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I looked into this closely, specifically to book peak Whistler ski dates, and decided against it, even if I could get Embarc points for free on the resale market.

First reason is cost. It takes a lot of points to book peak ski weeks, resulting in a very high maintenance fee cost of about $2,500 per week in a 2br.

Second reason is availability. It is reportedly very hard to book peak ski weeks.

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I would be booking mainly at Panorama which should be a little easier to book than Whistler? How many points are required to book a peak ski week?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So 290 points for a ski week in 2br in Panorama. How much are 2022 maintenance fees, around $8 per point? That's still expensive. Panorama will be easier to book than Whistler, but Panorama ski weeks are also a lot easier to get via an exchange, which is much more cost effective.

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
So 290 points for a ski week in 2br in Panorama. How much are 2022 maintenance fees, around $8 per point? That's still expensive. Panorama will be easier to book than Whistler, but Panorama ski weeks are also a lot easier to get via an exchange, which is much more cost effective.
Yes I believe they are around $8 per point. That is quite expensive. I have never put in an OGS for Panorama. I have only looked manually and never see any. I guess I should put one for next winter with my SDO one bedroom and see if it will match.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I've seen Embarc Panorama bulk deposits in II for summer and winter, including even Christmas weeks. So it's definitely possible to get a ski week via II, especially if you place a request and then catch a bulk deposit.

dread2lee

Reaction score
Anyone have experience trading HGVC points for Embarc under the old system. How many points would it take to get a 1 bedroom, 2bedroom. thanks

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Anyone have experience trading HGVC points for Embarc under the old system. How many points would it take to get a 1 bedroom, 2bedroom. thanks

Not sure it matters right now (our latest is that they will remain separate for the time being), but here’s the points for some of them.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We just sat through a update at Embarc Whistler. They are still just selling more Embarc points. Priced from $199 - $289 /pt

They have no info on how they will integrate with HGVC. They do say they should have more info in the mid-fall.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
They are still just selling more Embarc points. Priced from $199 - $289 /pt
Thanks Bill. Can you give us an idea of how many Embarc pts are required for both 1Br/2Br in prime season? Also, why the large range of price?

Bill4728

Reaction score
A 1 bedroom is about 150 pts / prime (non holiday) week and about 220 for a two bedroom

The price of points is because they list "the regular" price at $289 But the "special, buy now" price at $199.

PS They knew next to nothing about DRI's selling HGVCMax to other DRI owners

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thanks Bill. Can you give us an idea of how many Embarc pts are required for both 1Br/2Br in prime season? Also, why the large range of price?

Embarc Whistler peak ski weeks (like in March) are 225 points for one bedroom or 304 points for two bedroom.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Whistler has five seasons, from Low (1) to holiday (5)
My post is peak (4) A 1 bedroom is about 150 pts / prime (non holiday) week and about 220 for a two bedroom

Holiday season is 203 for 1 bd and 280 for 2 bd

Embarc Whistler peak ski weeks (like in March) are 225 points for one bedroom or 304 points for two bedroom.
These are for Holiday season and in the deluxe "lodge" units These lodge units have a little nicer furniture and vaulted
ceilings. IMHO not worth the extra points

Holiday season is about 30% of the mid winter weeks

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Whistler has five seasons, from Low (1) to holiday (5)
My post is peak (4) A 1 bedroom is about 150 pts / prime (non holiday) week and about 220 for a two bedroom

Holiday season is 203 for 1 bd and 280 for 2 bd

These are for Holiday season and in the deluxe "lodge" units

Holiday season is about 20% of the mid winter weeks

No, 304 points are for a standard two bedroom during the holiday week in February and during March break, unless I am reading the chart wrong:

1659822457903.png

1659822499331.png

40*5 + 52*2 = 304

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
What’s the MFs for 304 points?
And is Embarc still exercising ROFR?
Thanks

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
What’s the MFs for 304 points?
And is Embarc still exercising ROFR?
Thanks

I think the fees were about USD $7 per point a few years ago. Perhaps @cd5 could post the current fees?

I was seriously considering purchasing Embarc points resale, but decided against it, even if I could get the nearly for free. Several reasons:

1. I need to book school break time, but in addition to being very expensive points-wise, it's also reportedly very difficult to book. I tried joining Embarc owners group on Facebook to ask questions about booking etc, but was not allowed to join because the group is for owners only.

2. I need exactly 304 points, but it's impossible to buy that amount resale. It's likely 300 or 350, which generates waste or banking headaches.

3. Maintenance fees are extremely high.

4. I've been successful so far exchanging in Embarc resorts via Interval very cost effectively.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I think the fees were about USD $7 per point a few years ago. Perhaps @cd5 could post the current fees?

I was seriously considering purchasing Embarc points resale, but decided against it, even if I could get the nearly for free. Several reasons:

1. I need to book school break time, but in addition to being very expensive points-wise, it's also reportedly very difficult to book. I tried joining Embarc owners group on Facebook to ask questions about booking etc, but was not allowed to join because the group is for owners only.

2. I need exactly 304 points, but it's impossible to buy that amount resale. It's likely 300 or 350, which generates waste or banking headaches.

3. Maintenance fees are extremely high.

4. I've been successful so far exchanging in Embarc resorts via Interval very cost effectively.
Thanks, very helpful. MFs do seem to be on the high side for a majority of the weeks that we would travel (holidays, spring break, even summer). That said, it’s still more than 50% cheaper than retail in those resorts so if I can find points at the right price, I would go for it.
I don’t know if Embarc is exercising ROFR, so my “right price” may be wishful thinking if they are...

middleoforchid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Thanks, very helpful. MFs do seem to be on the high side for a majority of the weeks that we would travel (holidays, spring break, even summer). That said, it’s still more than 50% cheaper than retail in those resorts so if I can find points at the right price, I would go for it.
I don’t know if Embarc is exercising ROFR, so my “right price” may be wishful thinking if they are...
I looked up the Whistler point charts for 2022-2023, there are only 4 intervals that is HOLIDAY period---2/19-2/23, 3/12-3/16,3/19-3/23 and 12/12-12/31 only about 30 days of the year and going by Mr.Enchino's uploaded chart, it'll be 196 pts(1bd) and 280pts(2bd) for 7 days.....less for 6 days in 2bdrm(240points).
Rest of winter and all of summer is only as Bill said PEAK period 150pts(1 bd)/210pts(2 bd). 2022 mtn fee $8.60 CAD not high at all compared to Marriott trust pts or even my Hilton pts in Hawaii :)

Last edited:

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Maintenance fees are currently at $7usd but may increase slightly in November when we get the amounts for next year. Resale is a bargain, much, much less than the lowest developer price although demand has been going up and thus points selling for more currently. ROFR has not been reported to have been used for quite some time (which means developer has enough points inventory to sell and doesn't want take on more of the annual fees they would be responsable for if they had more.)

Last edited:

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I looked up the Whistler point charts for 2022-2023, there are only 4 intervals that is HOLIDAY period---2/19-2/23, 3/12-3/16,3/19-3/23 and 12/12-12/31 only about 30 days of the year and going by Mr.Enchino's uploaded chart, it'll be 196 pts(1bd) and 280pts(2bd) for 7 days.....less for 6 days in 2bdrm(240points).
Rest of winter and all of summer is only as Bill said PEAK period 150pts(1 bd)/210pts(2 bd). 2022 mtn fee $8.60 CAD not high at all compared to Marriott trust pts or even my Hilton pts in Hawaii :)

Good point. I was extrapolating from Blue Mountain which is likely where we’ll go everywhere since we spend 4-6 weeks in Toronto every year. BM has 2x Winter break, presidents week, 3x spring break, and all of July that are at the max points - so 11 weeks vs 5 weeks for Whistler. That said it’s 285 points for a 2-bed vs 304. Still substantially below retail during those periods so like @cd5 said, great value.
(
DA0B5CEF-9445-4B16-92A7-4805F7CFEC6B.png

Bill4728

Reaction score
It is 40 pts per night for all 7 nights or 280 points During peak season it is cheaper during the week and more on weekends NOT during holiday season.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
It is 40 pts per night for all 7 nights or 280 points During peak season it is cheaper during the week and more on weekends NOT during holiday season.

How easy / hard it is to book a Christmas/ New Year's week in a 2br in Whistler for 280 points?

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
Admittedly, I am a bit confused. So if one were to book the full week of Feb 18-25, is it 304 points like @echino calculated in #16 above or 280 points?

Last edited: