• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc Resale Questions

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Admittedly, I am a bit confused. So if one were to book the full week of Feb 18-25, is it 304 points like @echino calculated in #16 above or 280 points?

Echino was correct, because the weekend is the season down, which (confusingly) has higher weekend pricing than the highest season, which is the same price every day.

middleoforchid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Admittedly, I am a bit confused. So if one were to book the full week of Feb 18-25, is it 304 points like @echino calculated in #16 above or 280 points?
Checked for 2023 points for your requested dates Feb18c/I Feb25 c/o for 7 nights
Blue Mountain——1bd need 234 ground floor, 262 upper floor
2bd need 285 points ground floor units, more for upper floors
Whistler——-1bd need 225 pts
2bd need 304 pts
You will save 50-60 points if u book only 6 nights because for Peak season Fri&Sat points are even more than Holiday season.

2023 Feb availability there is no more 6 or 7 consecutive days only blocks of 3 days left. Embarc properties you can book 11 months out for 6 days and more. Otherwise you’d have to wait 6 months out for less than 6 days bookings.

Looks like maybe you need to buy 300-350 points for 2 bdrm 7 nights usage?
Hope this helps you and happy hunting for some Embarc resale pts, you will enjoy the accommodations.

Last edited:

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Thank you @bizaro86 @middleoforchid for confirming.
Yes looking forward to finding a deed that works!
Note that Embarc is not a deeded timeshare. It is a right-to-use with the points secured in a trust. If you don't find 1 resale contract with what you want, you can always buy another separately. They will be moved to the same use-year (Feb to Jan for example) if they are not already when you buy.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
Note that Embarc is not a deeded timeshare. It is a right-to-use with the points secured in a trust. If you don't find 1 resale contract with what you want, you can always buy another separately. They will be moved to the same use-year (Feb to Jan for example) if they are not already when you buy.
Good to know about combining points! Does the month that points are assigned matter? I’m wondering if that should be a consideration in my search for points?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Good to know about combining points! Does the month that points are assigned matter? I’m wondering if that should be a consideration in my search for points?
Not really, with the Hilton takeover à few things will be changing but even now, when you buy a second contract everything is put on the date of the biggest one. The annual fees are due at the end of November for everyone regardless of the use-year date.

RickV

Reaction score
A 1 bedroom is about 150 pts / prime (non holiday) week and about 220 for a two bedroom

The price of points is because they list "the regular" price at $289 But the "special, buy now" price at $199.

PS They knew next to nothing about DRI's selling HGVCMax to other DRI owners
How many points required to get $199 per point cost?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Good point. I was extrapolating from Blue Mountain which is likely where we’ll go everywhere since we spend 4-6 weeks in Toronto every year. BM has 2x Winter break, presidents week, 3x spring break, and all of July that are at the max points - so 11 weeks vs 5 weeks for Whistler. That said it’s 285 points for a 2-bed vs 304. Still substantially below retail during those periods so like @cd5 said, great value.

Just to clarify, that week is at max points because the third Monday in February is a statutory holiday in Ontario (and several other provinces, including Alberta and BC) called Family Day. So lots of Canadians use that week for skiing with their families. Family Day is the same day as President's Day, which obviously is not a holiday in Canada. But it makes the demand even higher, since many Americans are within driving (or a short flight) distance for a ski vacation.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I’m in the process of buying Embarc points. The sale is supposed to include partial 2022 points. The estoppel however states usage starting 2023 and only the 2023 points. The sale & purchase worksheet from the broker does correctly call out the partial 2022 points. Is it ok to proceed with the estoppel without the 2022 call out?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I'm no
I’m in the process of buying Embarc points. The sale is supposed to include partial 2022 points. The estoppel however states usage starting 2023 and only the 2023 points. The sale & purchase worksheet from the broker does correctly call out the partial 2022 points. Is it ok to proceed with the estoppel without the 2022 call out?
I'm not sure what an "estoppel" (not a legal term used where I live) would be however Embarc doesn't require anything other than the transfer form with the info and terms for both buyer and seller in it. If the agreement (transfer form which is sent to DRI office in Florida) states that all banked (saved) and unused points are to be transferred then Embarc would move them to the new member's account.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I'm no
I'm not sure what an "estoppel" (not a legal term used where I live) would be however Embarc doesn't require anything other than the transfer form with the info and terms for both buyer and seller in it. If the agreement (transfer form which is sent to DRI office in Florida) states that all banked (saved) and unused points are to be transferred then Embarc would move them to the new member's account.
Thanks! Good to know.
FYI on what is an Estoppel

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I'm not sure what an "estoppel" (not a legal term used where I live) would be...

That's because the poster lives in the Province of Québec, whose legal system operates under a version of the French Code Civil. The legal system in the rest of Canada (and the USA) developed from British Common Law, where an "estoppel" is a legal term used to describe and verify certain disclosures during the sale and purchase of (usually) real estate, as commented on in the post above by @sng85.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
That's because the poster lives in the Province of Québec, whose legal system operates under a version of the French Code Civil. The legal system in the rest of Canada (and the USA) developed from British Common Law, where an "estoppel" is a legal term used to describe and verify certain disclosures during the sale and purchase of (usually) real estate, as commented on in the post above by @sng85.
Yes I'm aware of the legal system here. I live in Québec and am educated in English (and old enough to have had numerous house transactions) It's not a term in common use.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Yes I'm aware of the legal system here. I live in Québec and am educated in English (and old enough to have had numerous house transactions) It's not a term in common use.

I have no doubt that you are fully aware of your own legal system. My comments were not directed at you so much as for the benefit of those members of TUG (mainly Americans) who might not have been aware of that difference. While the term "estoppel" may not be in common use in Québec, due to a different system, it is a common legal term elsewhere in Canada. As an example, an estoppel certificate is produced every time a condominium unit is sold in Ontario.

Last edited:

middleoforchid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
So happy for you, hope the sale goes thru smoothly:) :)

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to be aware when I had the embarc transferred into my name it came with all the available points and originally showed a zero owing balance. Then about 2 months later they showed the balance for the fees that should have been paid last November. I argued that even if the fees had not been paid in November that they should have told me that earlier in the process. It took about 6-8 weeks to sort out and now my balance shows as zero again. I also contacted the person who I got the contract from and he had paid the fees in November. My suggestion would be to confirm with the buyer that fees were paid in November so you shoud owe nothing until this November. My diligence saved me over $1000 Canadian.

heatherfbaby

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I heard that you can only purchase 120 point+ contracts over resale. Is this true? We are looking at adding 100 point contract to our current points but wanted to see if anyone knew if it was possible first?

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just finally got my embarc points transferred to me. Started the process in October. Where do I call to get my membership number so I can register for online access? Thanks

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Where do I call to get my membership number so I can register for online access?
Try

To reach Club Member Services, call 800-932-4482 (US & Canada) or +1 407-613-3141 (worldwide).​

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Hey guys!

I heard that you can only purchase 120 point+ contracts over resale. Is this true? We are looking at adding 100 point contract to our current points but wanted to see if anyone knew if it was possible first?
I bought 30 from another member last year so yes, it's possible to buy less. 120 is the minimum one can own in total (but there are exceptions).

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I just finally got my embarc points transferred to me. Started the process in October. Where do I call to get my membership number so I can register for online access? Thanks
Embarc's member services number is Toll Free: 1-800-767-2166
Local: 604-689-5363
"The Club" is something else altogether and most Embarc members are not in the Diamond exchange program.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
FYI for folks considering Embarc. A few months ago, I had tried to buy points at around $17-18 / pt (adjusted for current year points that were included without reimbursement). I was notified that Embarc exercised ROFR. I didn’t realize they were still exercising ROFR, but unfortunately I guess the opportunity was too good for them to pass up. I lost the opportunity and haven’t looked into it since then.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@cd5, do you have any more insight into CI/Embarc's integration into HGV?