• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Dying Traditions of boomers"

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Docusign (DS) is one of the biggest jokes in modern technology. It claims to create "secure" signing for electronic signatures
I'm not a lawyer nor an encryption expert and never really looked into docusign, but when I used it I always wondered how that was so secure. There is a record of what email (or browser) it came from but how does that stop or pinpoint any scammer?

does the security come from the end of the creator of the docusign document somehow?

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
look at my son's handwriting and then give thanks for printing

There was a time I had fantastic writing. Very legible with nice form. Now days I can't even read my own writing, lol.

Bill

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
1. Write letters
A few yrs ago, I wrote a letter to someone a few yrs older than I am. Only 1 pg, but a full pg, and I do have excellent penmanship IIDSSM.
Next time I saw her she practically broke down and cried about it, more from the fact that someone WROTE her a letter than what was in it.

Bill, you just have to keep practicing. I do. Ain't gonna lose that.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
A few yrs ago, I wrote a letter to someone a few yrs older than I am. Only 1 pg, but a full pg, and I do have excellent penmanship IIDSSM.
Next time I saw her she practically broke down and cried about it, more from the fact that someone WROTE her a letter than what was in it.

Bill, you just have to keep practicing. I do. Ain't gonna lose that.
There's just very little reason (other than as a hobby) to hand-write anyone a letter. And aside from somewhat out of date legal things, there's really no reason to mail any kind of letter. Email serves the same purpose easier and cheaper (near free). Texting (well, technically instant messaging via app of choice, mine is Signal) is even simpler in many cases.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a summer job at IBM maybe in 1969, and the office had an APL terminal that was actually a Selectric typewriter with a VERY unique typeball. I didn't have a lot of experience at the time, but it didn't seem to have a way to do much I/O. Later I had a class with four programming languages; two were COBOL (I went on to write compilers for that) and LISP. The third was Algol, and original DW used that on some mainframe at NY state DOT. Don't remember the other one.

Later, about 1985, I got involved with programming some sort of handheld microterminal in Forth, a reverse Polish language. I begged for six months to program it in C instead before management relented, mostly because there were no programming or debugging utilities, and the only other person willing to program in Forth had an addiction problem. I might have been heading in that direction ...

I classify these three as "solutions in search of a problem."
An IBM Selectric typewriter, that used white typing paper, one sheet of paper at a time; now that is a boomer item. LOL
Do you also remember when you made an error typing ; you could used that white inked paper tape or white out ink to correct your mistake.

Last edited:

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's just very little reason (other than as a hobby) to hand-write anyone a letter. And aside from somewhat out of date legal things, there's really no reason to mail any kind of letter. Email serves the same purpose easier and cheaper (near free). Texting (well, technically instant messaging via app of choice, mine is Signal) is even simpler in many cases.
You are missing the human aspect. For many people, the fact that someone took extra time and effort to communicate with them, by actual writing, is a gem of value.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are missing the human aspect. For many people, the fact that someone took extra time and effort to communicate with them, by actual writing, is a gem of value.
Wow, people still write letters and thanks you notes and not by email or texts messages.LOL

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
off to oblivion ... I Asimov would have an even grander career writing stories about your generation ... :rolleyes:
Wow! Fifty to a hundreds years into time; their will be no written history of todays events.

Just think if the founding fathers of the United States did not write the constitution for our generation to read?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
An IBM Selectric typewriter, that used white typing paper, one sheet of paper at a time; now that is a boomer item. LOL
Do you also remember when you made an error typing ; you could used that white inked paper tape or white out ink to correct your mistake.
LOL, reminded me of the corrasable bond paper I used for papers in college. I could erase mistakes! And I got pretty good at lining up the paper in my manual typewriter so the correction was hardly noticeable.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Wow! Fifty to a hundreds years into time; their will be no written history of todays events.
There's more video, written, photo history than ever before. There are various archival projects, and additional physical objects like DVD/BluRay, current books and more. Much of the ephemera is also saved sort of a side effect of all the spying from governments, advertisers, etc. I imagine we'll continue to have even better and clearer history as time goes on - or at least I'll take that bet. Look at what we have about the various gulf wars for instance. What started with newsreels in WW2 has become videos all over the place during the 20 years of the Iraq war.
Just think if the founding fathers of the United States did not write the constitution for our generation to read?
Nothing I said implied that we won't write things down. Laws, court decisions, heck plenty more is written down today, and broadcast over the entire internet on Facebook, X, TikTok, Reddit and more. I think congressional stuff is even printed out on the regular. I don't know why you would think something like a constitution would be in the same category as a random personal letter? I don't think hand writing it helped (I think they had professional scribes do it / make copies), it was just the tech they had at the time.

On to the more philosophical - it being written down was important, but it being on an official web site or official printing, or cryptographically signed PDF etc would be as useful IMO. That all said, it's not like it's all of that easy to read either. We have whole specialties on interpreting it and different schools of thought that compete. Historical documents always need interpretation - especially as they get centuries old. Language changes, context is lost, meanings of words and phrases change or are lost to common culture.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
True, but with AI, you change events, photos and much more to made it looks and sound factual.

I do understand your above post jp10558 and it well understood by me. I can agree with your written words.