• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did You Change Your Name?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who has changed their TUG name?

I changed mine (it was Tugshare02). When I registered in 2001, I was new to Bulletin Boards. I did not realize that my username would show up. I thought there would be another entry for my nickname. So when we registered this time, I picked another name. I did check however to see if anyone else had that name by searching the older boards for a post. I also have NJDave on TStips so I wanted the name to be the same.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I changed mine from capekong to riverdees05 - the same as TsTIPS. I tried to change it awhile back, but couldn't. I had 725 posts. Always great to get a new start. I too did the proper homework to be sure that I wasn't taking someone else's name. Maybe Roger will get back his name, if I had taken another TUGGER'S name, I would return it.

Jan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I changed from jar465 to Jan--my real name. Just a whole lot easier since I have alot of Tug friends. Jan

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathleen aka Sam Armstrong

Hi all,
I changed mine to my own name. Sam had registered for me years ago, so he used his name to log on. That was before I was computerized. Now he won't get blamed for my bad grammar,spelling errors and odd sense of humor.

Kathleen

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I wasn't thinking ahead or nearly as thoughtful as many of you. I didn't even think to check on the old BBS to see if my new name was taken already (though I just did). I knew I didn't want Needavacation anymore and, with little time or imagination to back me up, arrived at Northwoodsgal as a new name. I do love sitting in my home office in the morning with a cup of coffee and keeping an eye on our yard and woods. Every now and then I see a turkey or deer walking around. Pretty nice.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yep, since this software will only accept user names of at least three letters, I changed from BL to BevL - nothing to sneaky there.

Cotswolder

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I changed from BruceUK to Cotswolder.
I used BruceUK when I first joined TUG in 1997 to show that I lived over the pond.
Cotswolder is the name I now use on all forums

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm still me. ;)

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Icy-dog on tstips and the disboards. Now that I have the opportunity to shorten it and avoid the **** hyphen I took it. I don't know what I was thinking in those days but reaching for the hypen got old very quickly.

BTW, Icy was my champion Pointer. She died while laying next to me two days before Thanksgiving 2004. She was more than a pet, she was my alter ego. I talked to her all day and just loved her. Since she's gone I have a tremendous hole in my soul. I haven't had the ambition to replace her. We moved into a senior development in NJ and it isn't exactly dog friendly, no yards of any consequence and people here don't like dogs, especially big dogs like my darling Icy. Instead we are utilizing our new freedom and travelling to timeshares around the US. I think it is a poor substitute but the best we can do.

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm still thinking about changing to my real name....

Sharon

MarTN

TUG Member
Reaction score
My very first BBS was the disboards. I chose Mom-to-3 and posted 1500+ times with that name.

On most other boards, I'm MarTN. I even pronounce it "Martin" in my own head. I'll let you all figure out where the name comes from. :D

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not very imaginative and besides, I've been JoAnn for a gazillion years...much too old to change. :D

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
JoAnn said:
I'm not very imaginative and besides, I've been JoAnn for a gazillion years...much too old to change. :D

Me too! I mean not that I'm JoAnn, but everything else. :D

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I first joined TUG, user names debra and debrah were already taken, thus debraxh (underscore is too much work). Since I've never seen a post with either username, I probably could have changed it now. However, I probably would have forgotten that I changed it, so decided to keep it as is.
;)

chap7

Banned
Reaction score
TUG was the first BBS that I belonged to. When it asked for a user name I simply typed in "maverick" which is the name of my 105 lb. Golden Retriever/Lab mix. I didn't realize that it would then become my cyber-identity. I've now switched to chap7 which is also my email address. My friends call me "Chap" (has something to do with my last name) and 7 was always my jersey number. So here I am. You can call me Craig, though. ;)

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
BevL said:
Yep, since this software will only accept user names of at least three letters, I changed from BL to BevL - nothing to sneaky there.

Bev, how did you arrive at the Join Date of Oct. 22/04? I just joined today because I was out of town, and it showed June 8. I thought everyone would show the date of the new BBS - June 6 or later. I noticed a few others show a 2004 date.

Elli

Last edited:

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Elli said:
Bev, how did you arrive at the Join Date of Oct. 22/04? I just joined today because I was out of town, and it showed June 8. I thought everyone would show the date of the new BBS - June 6 or later. I noticed a few others show a 2004 date.

Elli

I'm not Bev but I'll answer. Doug has been working very hard on this BBS for a long time, and during its development the moderators would occasionally get to try it out in order to check for glitches. So, our registration dates are from when we first tried out the board. (I'm no longer a moderator, but was back then.)

Sharon

Last edited:

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope....still grest..combination of my last name and my husband's last name. Kathleen, I wondered if you would continue to be Sam!
Connie

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
3kids4me said:
I'm not Bev but I'll answer. Doug has been working very hard on this BBS for a long time, and during its development the moderators would occasionally get to try it out in order to check for glitches. So, our registration dates are from when we first tried out the board. (I'm no longer a moderator, but was back then.)
Sharon

Thanks, Sharon. I was just going to post that I found the answer on a thread in "Sightings", where Cat explained it. I guess I'll have to read a lot more before asking questions. Thanks again.

Elli

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I switched from snelson to T_R_Oglodyte.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
same name jjking42
ther is also a king 1 and somethingclose to it. once all three kings posted on the same topic . it looked strange

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
THANK God!
Hoc said:
I'm still me. ;)
Craig...I would have lost you!

How about the 'changelings' add a line to their signature....

The TUGger formerly know as .......

I am sure Prince wouldn't mind....who by the way is again known as Prince.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
GrayFal said:
THANK God!
Craig...I would have lost you!

How about the 'changelings' add a line to their signature....

The TUGger formerly know as .......

I am sure Prince wouldn't mind....who by the way is again known as Prince.

Hey, I've been doing that all along!

Maybe I should have copyrighted the phrase! ;)