• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Craig Lodges and other HGVC weeks into DEX

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Do I need to call and have them convert my 2026 to points or will that happen every year automatically?
You own a fixed lodge/fixed week. A reservation will automatically be made each year about two years beforehand (Like my 12/2026 reservation isn't in my account yet). If you want it converted to points, then you will need to cancel the reservation. I have never canceled a reservation that far in advance, but I have heard that you may need to call CSR.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
just closed on the Craig lodge and my 2024 and 2025 points are posted to my HGVC account. Do I need to call and have them convert my 2026 to points or will that happen every year automatically?
Do you want to use them DEX? If so, you need them as a reservation not points so if they are points, contact HGVC CS and request that they reinstate the weeks. You will need to provide the week number and it you have the reservation number that was cancelled, then give them that. After they are a reservation, then contact DEX EU and request to enroll. They may seem confused that you don't have a DEX membership number but tell them that you don't have one yet and he to enroll then deposit your HGV Craig Lodges weeks. You can deposit up to 2026. I just deposited our 2026 weeks. DEX EU will then contact HGVC to cancel the reservations. DEX EU will ask you the week numbers to deposit.

You can call or email. I called the first time around but only emailed them this time. They aren't the quickest though... And they tend to make mistakes

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kaanapali beach Club. Bay Club
Do you want to use them DEX? If so, you need them as a reservation not points so if they are points, contact HGVC CS and request that they reinstate the weeks. You will need to provide the week number and it you have the reservation number that was cancelled, then give them that. After they are a reservation, then contact DEX EU and request to enroll. They may seem confused that you don't have a DEX membership number but tell them that you don't have one yet and he to enroll then deposit your HGV Craig Lodges weeks. You can deposit up to 2026. I just deposited our 2026 weeks. DEX EU will then contact HGVC to cancel the reservations. DEX EU will ask you the week numbers to deposit.

You can call or email. I called the first time around but only emailed them this time. They aren't the quickest though... And they tend to make mistakes
Thanks, I need to sign up for Dex still.

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You own a fixed lodge/fixed week. A reservation will automatically be made each year about two years beforehand (Like my 12/2026 reservation isn't in my account yet). If you want it converted to points, then you will need to cancel the reservation. I have never canceled a reservation that far in advance, but I have heard that you may need to call CSR.
Thanks this helps to

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I need to sign up for Dex still.
Make sure that you have the reservations though. They need to those and then they will cancel them to deposit. Just having the points won't work.

Bit of a clumsy process but once you get it all set up, it works better. They tend to be confused by us HGVC folks.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC can be confused also when you ask them to reinstate them, if you already have the points.

Like GT75 said, normally, they will come into your account as an existing reservation and then you cancel them to get the points but when you buy them, Donna usually asks if you just want to points and it short cuts the process. Also, sometimes, the points will come in first and then they disappear when the system makes the reservation.

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC can be confused also when you ask them to reinstate them, if you already have the points.

Like GT75 said, normally, they will come into your account as an existing reservation and then you cancel them to get the points but when you buy them, Donna usually asks if you just want to points and it short cuts the process. Also, sometimes, the points will come in first and then they disappear when the system makes the reservation.
Donna converted my 2025 reservation to points. My 2024 points came a few weeks later, the seller had to call into customer service to get them transferred to me.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Donna converted my 2025 reservation to points. My 2024 points came a few weeks later, the seller had to call into customer service to get them transferred to me.
Depending on the 2024 week, it may be too late for those but you can try to make the reservation then deposit. You don't want to do it is it is within 30 Days though

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
2 bedroom, week 21 so probably too late then.
We are already past week 21 (late May) for 2024. But you could deposit your 2025 week. You will get a tier 6 for a 2BR Week 21 deposit.

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are already past week 21 (late May) for 2024. But you could deposit your 2025 week. You will get a tier 6 for a 2BR Week 21 deposit.
Nice thanks

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice thanks
Make sure to look at the chart in the guide about a tier 6. You can use to book 1 for 1 but you can also split it for a 1 for 2. The guide explains it. Also, double check what the season should be in the DEX property table. Look at the unit type by week and then season. The DEX EU folks are getting better but they have messed up the tier of the deposit many times. If it is a peak season 2 bed, then it would be Tier 6.