• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Craig Lodges and other HGVC weeks into DEX

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Same problem concerning Tier level given for my Plantation deposit. Customer Service called me that deposit went thru and I should see the deposit and bonus week in “manage my deposits.” While on phone I opened the website and discovered they listed my week as Tier 2 when it should be a 3. I told them what page in the guide showed my week as a Tier 3, and they said they would get back to me.
Unbelievable. I can see making an error with one resort but now two different resorts. It should be automatically assigned but somehow this all looks manual. This isn’t that hard.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm reluctant to use my Plantation-IRP for DEX becuz of these issues.
That, and I may dump it due to sky-high (beach front) MF's.

JimS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC; Vistana and Sheraton Flex; Marriott Abound Points; Berkley Orlando (Vacation Village RCI points) and Berkley Vegas (Vacation Village EOY RCI Weeks) and LHC
They contacted me today and changed my Plantation-IRP to Tier 3 since the Guide said my deposited week should be a Tier 3. However-the rep told me the table they use for deposits and the Guide (at least for 2024) are in conflict. I asked her to send me what they use internally, and she did. I deposited week 48 which the Guide says is Tier 3 (p. 29). However, their internal table (attached) has all weeks 33-50 as Tier 2.

Attachments

• 025 - PBC @ IRP DEX Deposit Calendar 2024.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 18

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
That sounds like the Craig issue as well. The one that they have internally is different than what is shared with owners. I am not sure what they are doing with two different guides

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The marketing email said that you get a bonus week for each week that you deposit and they have finally been deposited but the are still the incorrect tier. I assume that we will need to contact them to manually exchange and they will waive the upgrade fee to a Tier 4. The deposited weeks are good for 5 years but the bonus weeks are good for 1 year.

1716494460557.png

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Deposited my week 1 2br week just now. The rep on the phone confirmed it will be deposited as a tier 6 and I will receive a bonus week at tier 6 as well. She was aware of the discrepancy issue and said it was now resolved. She said it may take up to a week to finalize as they are receiving a lot of requests for deposit.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deposited my week 1 2br week just now. The rep on the phone confirmed it will be deposited as a tier 6 and I will receive a bonus week at tier 6 as well. She was aware of the discrepancy issue and said it was now resolved. She said it may take up to a week to finalize as they are receiving a lot of requests for deposit.
Double check the actual deposit. Do you have access to DeX yet? Also, look at the 2 for 1 options for Tier 6. Most of what I am seeing are around a Tier 4 but you would lose our if you trade your 6 for a 4. Ideally, you could go for the 2 for 1 and then pay an upgrade.

BTW, mine will show a tier too low and I have to call in up book but they waive the upgrade fee to the correct level.

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Double check the actual deposit. Do you have access to DeX yet? Also, look at the 2 for 1 options for Tier 6. Most of what I am seeing are around a Tier 4 but you would lose our if you trade your 6 for a 4. Ideally, you could go for the 2 for 1 and then pay an upgrade.

BTW, mine will show a tier too low and I have to call in up book but they waive the upgrade fee to the correct level.
I will make sure to verify tier once the deposit shows in the dashboard, I do have access thanks to GT75's instructions on how to log in.
I'll have to explore the 2 for 1 option. I saw it in the guide, does it tell you how to actually do it?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will make sure to verify tier once the deposit shows in the dashboard, I do have access thanks to GT75's instructions on how to log in.
I'll have to explore the 2 for 1 option. I saw it in the guide, does it tell you how to actually do it?
No, but I assume you have to talk to CS. @NiteMaire or @cindyc may know though.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, two weeks deposited and two bonus weeks. Still have the issue is the wrong tier so you have to call them to exchange with the correct tier. They will waive the difference. I have exchanged our two bonus weeks; one for HGVC (Embarc) 2 bed for next spring break week for 165 pounds and Cabo Azul 2 bed OV for the 165 pound exchange fee and 340 pound upgrade fee since it is a Tier 6 and our Craig week is a Tier 4. We will see if we get charged the resort fee.

Still very clumsy system. You need to know where you want to go since it is hard to browse and, for the moment painful because you need to call up exchange, if you are booking a higher tier and the system has the incorrect tier number for your week.

Still 4 weeks for the price of 2 deposited and only paying an exchange fee plus any upgrade fees isn't bad.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Just an FYI about DEX to huskerATL: Hilton does not put any Embarc inventory into that system. What you see as available in your booking engine are weeks based on points Embarc members have deposited in DEX. They do select the locations and dates however and that is why there is so much available in Sandestin - it is the least busy of the clubs and has the highest vacancy rate, especially at certain months of the year.
Palm Desert is second.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just an FYI about DEX to huskerATL: Hilton does not put any Embarc inventory into that system. What you see as available in your booking engine are weeks based on points Embarc members have deposited in DEX. They do select the locations and dates however and that is why there is so much available in Sandestin - it is the least busy of the clubs and has the highest vacancy rate, especially at certain months of the year.
Palm Desert is second.
I see a lot though over the next year for every property. Sandestin the most with 1,116 weeks and Vancouver the least with 534 weeks. The rest, in between.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm Desert is second.
here is specifically what I see in DEX for Embarc over the next year (until next May):
1,116 Sandestin weeks available, 924 weeks at Palm Desert, 186 at Ucluelet, 622 at Whistler, 841 at Tremblant, 1,009 at Zihuatanejo, 707 at Panorama, and 534 at Vancouver.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be good to have a thread about this topic...
By any chance do you have the website for Craig Lodges UK resales?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By any chance do you have the website for Craig Lodges UK resales?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I see a lot though over the next year for every property. Sandestin the most with 1,116 weeks and Vancouver the least with 534 weeks. The rest, in between.
I'm not surprised. Tons of members have used DEX as a way to bank unused points (for up to 5 years) especially this year because of the change in use year - our members used to have a use year that started on the 1st of the month after their purchase of their initial membership, so member use years were distributed across the entire year. Now everyone is on Jan 1 and Hilton banked all 2023 points into 2024 - with usage ending on Dec 31st when before the member would have had, perhaps Nov 2024 to Nov 2025 łor June, etc) to use them had they banked (saved) to the next year as usual. So lots of members having to find a way to not lose the points ie: DEX is most convinient since its on our website.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not surprised. Tons of members have used DEX as a way to bank unused points (for up to 5 years) especially this year because of the change in use year - our members used to have a use year that started on the 1st of the month after their purchase of their initial membership, so member use years were distributed across the entire year. Now everyone is on Jan 1 and Hilton banked all 2023 points into 2024 - with usage ending on Dec 31st when before the member would have had, perhaps Nov 2024 to Nov 2025 łor June, etc) to use them had they banked (saved) to the next year as usual. So lots of members having to find a way to not lose the points ie: DEX is most convinient since its on our website.
That makes sense. It will be interesting to see if future years have as many or start to level off once folks are "in" the system.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
How much inventory is there in DEX for the Beachwoods in beach season or how hard is it to book if you are looking for it 9 months to a year in advance?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much inventory is there in DEX for the Beachwoods in beach season or how hard is it to book if you are looking for it 9 months to a year in advance?
730 weeks are available from now to next June 1.

Here are a few:

1717298850430.png

1717298880360.png

1717298916238.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Thanks for sharing that!

The beach has more appeal between mid June and mid October. But I will bet if you plan ahead there are plenty of options.

RCI says it has 95 available units, but I think the way RCI calculates that is buggy and it does not count when multiple units of the same thing are available on the same night.

That said, the RCI inventory is not an exact match of DeX. RCI does have a few units available this September and DeX does not.

But if DeX gets you a considerably lower exchange fee and out of paying the $30/day resort fee … that is a relevant part of the calculation.

IMG_2930.jpeg
730 weeks are available from now to next June 1.

Here are a few:

View attachment 93891

View attachment 93892

View attachment 93893

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@cd5 perhaps it is Covid deposits per your comment.

If they are taking points the developer must be converting and selecting weeks as most availability I see is orderly. E.g. 1 unit (or more DeX only shows 1 listing per date) by unit size/view per day. Too orderly to be owner selected deposits.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
But if DeX gets you a considerably lower exchange fee and out of paying the $30/day resort fee … that is a relevant part of the calculation.

From EU Dex fact sheet
  • At Check-In:
    Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservations:
    - At time of check-in, a valid government-issued photo identification is required that must match the guest name under which the reservation was made. A credit card for a $200 security deposit and a daily $30 plus tax resort charge will also be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Daily resort charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; self-parking for one car; select daily activities; sports equipment; outdoor games including: chess, corn-hole, spike-ball; paddle boat rentals; movie & boardgames rentals, barbecue equipment and PressReader access.
    - Please contact the resort prior to arrival if you anticipate your arrival time would be later than midnight (resort local time). Arrivals after midnight may be subject to cancellation.
    Owner Weeks and Member Points Booking:
    - At time of check-in, a valid government-issued photo identification is required that must match the guest name under which the reservation was made. A credit card will also be required as a security deposit (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Resort charge* will be waived when staying on your owner week or member point reservations.
    - A resort charge of $30 plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation.- You must be 21 or over to check-in at this resort.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
@cd5 perhaps it is Covid deposits per your comment.

If they are taking points the developer must be converting and selecting weeks as most availability I see is orderly. E.g. 1 unit (or more DeX only shows 1 listing per date) by unit size/view per day. Too orderly to be owner selected deposits.
We don't select what we deposit. We deposit points and then use the points to book something. So yes, the manager selects what will be made available in DEX but based on member points deposits. We don't own at a particular club out of the 9 so they are deciding which locations as well as room size.

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
From EU Dex fact sheet
  • At Check-In:
    Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservations:
    - At time of check-in, a valid government-issued photo identification is required that must match the guest name under which the reservation was made. A credit card for a $200 security deposit and a daily $30 plus tax resort charge will also be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Daily resort charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; self-parking for one car; select daily activities; sports equipment; outdoor games including: chess, corn-hole, spike-ball; paddle boat rentals; movie & boardgames rentals, barbecue equipment and PressReader access.
    - Please contact the resort prior to arrival if you anticipate your arrival time would be later than midnight (resort local time). Arrivals after midnight may be subject to cancellation.
    Owner Weeks and Member Points Booking:
    - At time of check-in, a valid government-issued photo identification is required that must match the guest name under which the reservation was made. A credit card will also be required as a security deposit (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Resort charge* will be waived when staying on your owner week or member point reservations.
    - A resort charge of $30 plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation.- You must be 21 or over to check-in at this resort.
I wonder if DeX exchanges are treated as home week reservations. When I exchanged my Craig week with II for a week at Tahoe I was treated as an owner and got free valet parking and no resort fees were charged. This was at the Marriott Timber Lodge so not DRI.