• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Craig Lodges and other HGVC weeks into DEX

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I thought it would be good to have a thread about this topic since a number of us are currently going through it with Craig Lodges and they have offered it for Plantation. I am going to add some of the documents that we have collected so far and provide updates on the process. Others, please chip in. Please find the attached guide for DEX EU deeds.

Attachments

• destination-xchange-guide-eu-member_7.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 107

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the Embarc Dex guide

Attachments

• destination-xchange-guide_embarc_14.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 31

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the DEX US points guide

Attachments

• destination-xchange-member-guide_8_USpoints.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 63

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the DEX US deeds guide

Attachments

• destination-xchange-owner-guide_9_USDeeds.pdf
    13.3 MB · Views: 25

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craig Lodges owners received this email to deposit their weeks into DEX and earn a bonus week for each deposit:
1716322818597.png

1716322843101.png

1716322870304.png

1716322893683.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the process has been painful but here is what we have learned so far.

- First enroll about either call the number below or email.
To enrol with Destination Xchange or get more information, please contact us at 0345 359 0005 or destinationxchangeEU@hgv.com.

- They will enroll you and then send you the below email and the attached form which you complete and return and in the enrollment process, they will assign you a new DEX membership number that is derived from your HGV membership number but different. For Craig, is will start with 69, so that must be the property number.
1716323185823.png

They will then either deposit the weeks directly and you will see it under "Manage Deposits" or it will appear as a reservation and then the next day it will disappear from the reservations and appear in the deposits list. We have seen it both ways

1716323448264.png

- then check the Tier number and compare to the guide that is in this thread. They have consistently deposited Craig Lodges weeks one Tier below what it says in the guide but they have said that they are still investigating the issue. They have recently told owners that they will honor the guide that was sent out via the marketing email but will have to manually do reservations to override what is in DEX, if it is lower than it should be. They will also waive the upgrade fee, if you are trying to exchange it for another week that is the tier that your deposit is supposed to be.

1716323715301.png

- they have also offered bonus weeks, if you deposit before May 31st. They have told owners that the bonus weeks would be deposited this week and at the Tier reflected in the guide that was in marketing email (the table above).

Once you are enrolled, you log into DEX using your HGVC log info at, https://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/, and then on the Sign In choose The Club or https://theclub.hiltongrandvacations.com/

1716323916168.png

That takes you to this page:
1716323991808.png

where you can browse your ownership summary, deposits, reservations, and availability.

- Once you exchange your week, the new reservation will be under the Reservation section on the Dashboard:
1716324086931.png

That is about it....

Attachments

• Shared+Documents%2fGeneral%2fDestination+Xchange+Proces+files%2fEnrolment+form (1).pdf
    167 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This has also been offered at Plantation Beach Club at IRP. @JimS can probably provide more info. It looks like this would use the DEX US Deeds guide though and there is a $79 charge to enroll.

1716324647858.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They have mentioned that Coy will be added later and I am sure other affiliates will come. @GT75 may have more to chip in about that.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@GT75 may have more to chip in about that.
I just sent an email to DeX EU asking when I can enroll my Coy unit (2BR Tier 4). I rather continue forward (assuming this exchange pans out) with that unit as my exchange unit.

Edit to add: Response back on my inquiry: when and if this becomes available a notification will be sent out.

IMG_0080.jpeg

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just sent an email to DeX UK asking when I can enroll my Coy unit (2BR Tier 4). I rather continue forward (assuming this exchange pans out) with that unit as my exchange unit.
yes, this could be a good option for Coy owners, especially if something changes down the road with the HGVC relationship

Last edited by a moderator:

JimS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC; Vistana and Sheraton Flex; Marriott Abound Points; Berkley Orlando (Vacation Village RCI points) and Berkley Vegas (Vacation Village EOY RCI Weeks) and LHC
I decided to deposit my Plantation Beach Club at IRP. Not yet in my DEX but the reservation is no longer in my HGVC Legacy account. According to the rep I spoke with, a bonus week at same tier will also be listed in my deposited weeks. The bonus week is good for two years, not five like the owned/deposited week. The fee for using the "bonus week" is the exchange fee (I believe $179).

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Interesting. To compare, I was told 1 year expiration for Craig bonus deposits. Not completely free given the exchange fee added but still a good bargain if you can find the right exchange in the timeframe.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. To compare, I was told 1 year expiration for Craig bonus deposits. Not completely free given the exchange fee added but still a good bargain if you can find the right exchange in the timeframe.
The DEX EU office told you that? They haven't mentioned an expiration date to me but have said that they will be deposited this week so we will know soon

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Hilton also has Crag Lodges in Estes Park, which is what came to mind when I saw your post.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does DestinationXchange compare to Interval? Any advantage?
I haven't compared inventory. I think depositing directly through HGVC is an advantage. There isn't a fee to enroll in DEX, and the bonus week right now.. Until May 31st but I am surprised at the decent inventory in DEX.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Interesting.. So for Hilton hotels?
It's a timeshare. It was taken over by Diamond years ago and now rebranded as a Hilton. You can do a search and find it.

I remember when Crag's Lodge in Estes Park was dealing with some foundation/ structural issues, which was going to be a daunting task for whomever took it over from the small management company before Diamond.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a timeshare. It was taken over by Diamond years ago and now rebranded as a Hilton. You can do a search and find it.

I remember when Crag's Lodge in Estes Park was dealing with some foundation/ structural issues, which was going to be a daunting task for whomever took it over from the small management company before Diamond.
Ah...DRI/HVC....

JimS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC; Vistana and Sheraton Flex; Marriott Abound Points; Berkley Orlando (Vacation Village RCI points) and Berkley Vegas (Vacation Village EOY RCI Weeks) and LHC
Same problem concerning Tier level given for my Plantation deposit. Customer Service called me that deposit went thru and I should see the deposit and bonus week in “manage my deposits.” While on phone I opened the website and discovered they listed my week as Tier 2 when it should be a 3. I told them what page in the guide showed my week as a Tier 3, and they said they would get back to me.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW, the DRI staff, or at least some of them, still refer to themselves working for DRI.

Without going into all the details, one of the DEX EU CSR that I had talked to and then he sent me an email asking for the guide that we were sent, was either fired or quit a couple days later. I had not heard back from him and so I sent a follow up email. The auto response said that he had left Diamond Resorts.... Not HGV.

I thought that was interesting.... And hope that I didn't get him fired.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Same problem concerning Tier level given for my Plantation deposit. Customer Service called me that deposit went thru and I should see the deposit and bonus week in “manage my deposits.” While on phone I opened the website and discovered they listed my week as Tier 2 when it should be a 3. I told them what page in the guide showed my week as a Tier 3, and they said they would get back to me.
Send them a picture of the table. For some reason, internally, they have a different guide but they need to honor the guide attached to the marketing email. We have gone through this with DEX EU. They have not resolved the system issue so they are doing a manual override to honor what was sent out.