• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CJ Timeshare Info

JVT

Reaction score
Does anyone know the owner's name and/or have their mailing address?
Thanks in advance

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
CJ Timeshares, LLC
8545 Commodity Circle
Orlando, FL 32819
phone: 407-447-2701
fax: 407-956-3691

rrlongwell

Reaction score
CJ Timeshares, LLC
8545 Commodity Circle
Orlando, FL 32819
phone: 407-447-2701
fax: 407-956-3691

The phone number listed above does not give a company name when they answered the phone. I asked them if they were Carefree Journey's, they said yes. I asked them if they were CJ Timeshares and they said yes. I asked who the owner of record is. They declined to answer. Went to the Internet, Both companies appear to be part of a family of companies.

See the following sites, click on the link for Blue Vista Management, LLC in the 1st cite. I did not see any Officers or owners of the LLC listed for CJ Timeshares, see the both cites.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orlando/cj-timeshares-llc/66438585.aspx

http://visulate.com/rental/visulate_search.php?CORP_ID=L10000088229

CJ Timeshares said they are not Blue Vista Management.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The phone number listed above does not give a company name when they answered the phone. I asked them if they were Carefree Journey's, they said yes. I asked them if they were CJ Timeshares and they said yes. I asked who the owner of record is. They declined to answer. Went to the Internet, Both companies appear to be part of a family of companies.

Yeah, I think they didn't answer the phone like a business when I called them before. I was returning a call to a specific person and the phone was answered, "mumble mumble". At that point I asked to speak to the person who left me the message, was told she was unavailable and they wanted to know who I was. I told them who I was, the guy said, "I have no idea why she called you. Do you want me to try to help you or would like her voice mail?" I opted for voice mail and she return my call within a few minutes.

That's my really long way of saying that I think it is a weird and unprofessional way to answer a business call.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the owner's name and/or have their mailing address?
Thanks in advance

One of the advantages of an LLC is isolation of the corporate officers from the rabble (general public).

Just try to contact the owner of Disney or Marriott to see an example in action. :annoyed:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
from myflorida.com

Real Estate Corporation STRATEGIS REALTY LLC Primary CQ1031801
RE Corp. Current, Active
03/31/2013
License Location Address*: 8545 COMMODITY CIRCLE ORLANDO, FL 32819
Main Address*: 8545 COMMODITY CIRCLE ORLANDO, FL 32819

638479 Current, Active MURRAY, PATRICK MICHAEL Qualifying Broker 04/17/2008 Real Estate Broker 03/31/2012

Real Estate Broker or Sales MURRAY, PATRICK MICHAEL Primary BK638479
Broker Current, Active
03/31/2012
Main Address*: 13135 PLUM LAKE DRIVE CLERMONT, FL 34715

JVT

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS!!! Will keep you posted.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the advantages of an LLC is isolation of the corporate officers from the rabble (general public).

Just try to contact the owner of Disney or Marriott to see an example in action. :annoyed:

These guys have taken it to an art form, with one LLC being the manager for another...no people involved at all

it does seem to be the perfect organization if you wanted to stop making maintenance fee payments without consequence

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I was looking at all the information, all the managing members were other LLC's. You have to look at the actual articles of incorporation to actually find the registered owner (which I linked earlier). However, one of them (I think it was carefree), it was a law firm. Very interesting how interweaved it was.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I was looking at all the information, all the managing members were other LLC's. You have to look at the actual articles of incorporation to actually find the registered owner (which I linked earlier). However, one of them (I think it was carefree), it was a law firm. Very interesting how interweaved it was.

Thats not the registered owner, its "registered agent". and very likely a law firm. Thats where you can send legal notices

Reaction score
As muddled as the information is, at least they are reputable. I bought my original timeshare from them, many others here on TUG have also, and they're good at resolving issues.

TS

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the address for CJ Timeshares et al is also the address for Vacation Innovations and Timeshare Closing Services. I'm encountering a VERY unique problem with them right now, and I'm not sure where the answer lies. Here's the short story:

I recently purchased a timeshare resale (at Jean Lafitte House in New Orleans) from CJ Timeshares. I paid all of the money into escrow, as provided by CJ's "preferred" closing company, Timeshare Closing Services Inc (TCSI). My 2012 Maintenance fees have been paid already (as part of the closing), and both the original timeshare ad and the escrow agreement state that I will have access to my 2012 week, as per the agreement.

I've been trying to get my hands on a "guest certificate" that will allow me to stay in MY unit because the closing/transfer is (and apparently will) take some time. I wasn't getting any results with CJ's reservations department, so I contacted the resort developer myself. Here's where it gets interesting.

The developer (George Friedman) stated that "TCSI is a scam, and the sale is bogus. Get your money back". WTF? He subsequently told me that "they're a relief company, originally headquartered in Missouri, not registered in Florida" and he WON'T honor the sale. (We've been communicating entirely by text messages, and the definitive message from him said: "Mgt is telling you that you are not an owner and will not be occupying the unit.") He clearly has an issue with the closing company, although TCSI is a division of Vacation Innovations, they have an A rating with the BBB, they're members of both ARDA and CRDA and they're back-ended by Chicago Title Timeshare.

I responded by asking him: "George, what if I find someone else to handle the closing? (eg Chicago Title) As I said, I assume the original owner wants to sell, and I definitely want to buy..."

He responded: "Its a muddy situation right now."

Here's my theory: I got a steal of a deal on this week (it's a Jazzfest week in New Orleans and it was 1/5 the current market price), and I think the developer is trying to kibosh my deal, buy the week back from the original owner and keep it for himself. The seller was asking $2,000, and he can basically cover the purchase price of the week with one week's worth of rentals during the Fest. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? As far as I know, the developer DOESN'T have any kind of "first right of refusal" to buy back the week.

What's my recourse? What happens if a developer refuses to allow a transfer between a buyer and seller? I'm seriously concerned here... :>(

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The developer is FOS. Keep looking up posts on here about CJ Timeshares. They have a lot of repeat, happy customers on this site. Was that a salesman from the resort telling you all that baloney? Or, was it actually someone in charge of the resort? The lying would keep me away from there.

JVT

Reaction score
Hmmmm....interesting stuff...

Anyone with info regarding Timeshare Closing Services, Inc???
Contact name, managing partners, address, etc?

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the address for CJ Timeshares et al is also the address for Vacation Innovations and Timeshare Closing Services. I'm encountering a VERY unique problem with them right now, and I'm not sure where the answer lies. Here's the short story:

I recently purchased a timeshare resale (at Jean Lafitte House in New Orleans) from CJ Timeshares. I paid all of the money into escrow, as provided by CJ's "preferred" closing company, Timeshare Closing Services Inc (TCSI). My 2012 Maintenance fees have been paid already (as part of the closing), and both the original timeshare ad and the escrow agreement state that I will have access to my 2012 week, as per the agreement.

I've been trying to get my hands on a "guest certificate" that will allow me to stay in MY unit because the closing/transfer is (and apparently will) take some time. I wasn't getting any results with CJ's reservations department, so I contacted the resort developer myself. Here's where it gets interesting.

The developer (George Friedman) stated that "TCSI is a scam, and the sale is bogus. Get your money back". WTF? He subsequently told me that "they're a relief company, originally headquartered in Missouri, not registered in Florida" and he WON'T honor the sale. (We've been communicating entirely by text messages, and the definitive message from him said: "Mgt is telling you that you are not an owner and will not be occupying the unit.") He clearly has an issue with the closing company, although TCSI is a division of Vacation Innovations, they have an A rating with the BBB, they're members of both ARDA and CRDA and they're back-ended by Chicago Title Timeshare.

I responded by asking him: "George, what if I find someone else to handle the closing? (eg Chicago Title) As I said, I assume the original owner wants to sell, and I definitely want to buy..."

Here's my theory: I got a steal of a deal on this week (it's a Jazzfest week in New Orleans and it was 1/5 the current market price), and I think the developer is trying to kibosh my deal, buy the week back from the original owner and keep it for himself. The seller was asking $2,000, and he can basically cover the purchase price of the week with one week's worth of rentals during the Fest. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? As far as I know, the developer DOESN'T have any kind of "first right of refusal" to buy back the week.

What's my recourse? What happens if a developer refuses to allow a transfer between a buyer and seller? I'm seriously concerned here... :>(

I'm sure I saw that same unit for sale about a month or two ago. I was thinking of buying it but I already have a jazz fest week (can't wait to check out the new pension). I read some good and bad things about the quality of the units so I decided to pass.

It does sound like the resort wants your week. Maybe the old owner can book the week for you. I would try to get to the old owner asap before the resort does.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... It does sound like the resort wants your week ...
If you do not have the developer/resorts declining to honor the sale in writing, try and get in writing. If you want the week, which it sounds like you do, then file with the BBB that covers CJ Timeshares and the Resort and the with the Consumer Protection people in the state where CJ Timeshares and the Resort Operate in. To answer your question, yes, unfortunantly a major problem with fixed week or point ownerships if the company that controls the property will not let you have use of it it is theirs to use as they wish. You then have the legal burden to get your use back. In this market, that can cost you a lot more than the unit is worth. Before I filed against anyone, I would try and get it in writinig why the sale is bogus. If Mr. Friedman can show that CJ Timeshares has no right to sell the timeshare, than the complaints would be against CJ Timeshares. Wish you luck.

P.S. Someone needs to keep the maintance fees current or the Unit could be lost for that reason.

For whatever it is worth. You can contact Flordia to see if CJ Timeshares is a legal enity in that state. You would need to ask not only that question but if CJ Timeshares has regestered as a fictional name for a legal enity in that state or has filed as a forien corporation to be aloud to operate in that state. You can also call CJ Timeshares and asked if a Real Estate Broker is handling this transaction and if so, what is the name and ID number for the license.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
An interesting story which raises several questions...

<snip>
<snip>
The developer (George Friedman) stated that "TCSI is a scam, and the sale is bogus. Get your money back". WTF? He subsequently told me that "they're a relief company, originally headquartered in Missouri, not registered in Florida" and he WON'T honor the sale. (We've been communicating entirely by text messages, and the definitive message from him said: "Mgt is telling you that you are not an owner and will not be occupying the unit.") <snip> I responded by asking him: "George, what if I find someone else to handle the closing? (eg Chicago Title) As I said, I assume the original owner wants to sell, and I definitely want to buy..."

The first question that comes to my mind is "who is the lawful, deeded owner of record for this timeshare week right now --- and /or who has lawful Power of Attorney on said owner's behalf"?

Unless it's the developer (which it almost certainly is not, if CJ Timeshares somehow got its' hands on it, most likely via a PCC-acquired Power of Attorney), it would seem to me that George Friedman is just making some irrelevant, unconvincing and meaningless noises through a body orifice other than his mouth...

If the current lawful owner of record is not the developer but is instead a subsequent purchaser, and that subsequent purchaser executed a PoA for someone to handle the lawful disposal of his / her ownership, then Mr. Friedman has absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever, absent any clear and specific ROFR language pre-existing within the original developer sales contract. There is nothing at all "muddy" about this, imho.

It sounds to me at first blush like "greedy sour grapes" on Mr. Friedman's part, since he may well have failed, in this specific instance, to "get back" a decent week which he could then likely have sold all over again for good money. He may now belatedly (and desperately) just be grasping for a way to somehow still be able to do exactly that. However, unless there were clear and specific ROFR terms and conditions included within the content of the original developer sales documents (...do you know?), I suspect that Mr. Friedman is just plain SOL, whether he likes it or not (and regardless of his completely irrelevant personal opinion about TCS).

That being said. CJ Timeshares (and TCS) still need to get their acts together for any ownership change to proceed (via a new recorded deed) to a lawful, successful completion and closure. I can only say "good luck with that", based upon my one (...stumbling, but ultimately successful) encounter with CJ Timeshares.

Last edited:

JVT

Reaction score
CJ Timeshares, LLC
Carefree Journeys, LLC
Premier Site Acquisitions, LLC
Strategis Company, LLC
Blue Vista Management, LLC
Timeshare Closing Services, Inc
8545 Commodity Circle
Orlando, FL 32819-9002

Scott C. Roberts, ESQ, Registered Agent
95 East Mitchell Hammock Road
Ste 201
Oviedo, FL 32765

February 29, 2012

Re: XXXXXXX/Woodstone at Massanutten

To Whom It May Concern:

It has been made aware to us that the timeshare sold by your group of companies, was misrepresented to us at time of sale. As per my telephone conversation with Janet Herrington, documented e-mail correspondence and the sales contract, the timeshare is question was falsely advertised as a “FLOATING” unit when it was actually deeded as a fixed week unit.

Since our documented e-mail attempts to reach a mutually agreeable resolution have gone unanswered, we plan on filing formal complaints to the BBB, your state attorney general’s office and to the resort itself. An objective consumer review of our experience with your company will also be placed with the Timeshare User’s Group and similar peer review sites.

If we do not receive a response by March 10th, formal complaints to the above parties shall be filed on our behalf.

We look forward to your timely response and anticipate your full cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

XXX

CC: Better Business Bureau, State Attorney General’s Office, Massanutten Resorts, XXX, ESQ

What do you think? Any additions and/or comments?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

1. There would seem (to me) to be little or no point or purpose in listing all of the entities which you've enumerated atop your letterhead. After all, your dealings have been with only a very few of those listed.
As a relevant aside, what little I know of Blue Vists Management leads me to believe that they actually have little or nothing to do with most (maybe even all) of the other listed entities.

2. Keep in mind that the law office you are (unwisely, imho) proposing to contact was merely one involved in the "business filing" (i.e., administrative) requirements. Those attorneys likely couldn't care less about any personal "beef" you may have with the company / companies; they are, in all likelihood, not involved in potentially representing or defending them in any proceedings. I'd instead recommend directing your correspondence to the state AG office and let gravitas and horsepower work for you. Invoking AG "muscle" might well promptly "encourage" your target to adopt a "much better spirit of cooperation" in promptly addressing and resolving your complaint. These "target" entities likely don't care a whit about the impotent BBB, but they surely don't want the attention or focus or legal authority of the FL AG spotlighting them.

3. Forget the BBB as "cc" recipient. BBB is a paid membership organization, completely powerless and with no legal authority or horsepower of any kind. Stick with the major league players and forget about these Little Leaguers. Moreover, a "cc" of a letter to someone else does not adequately fulfill the hoops and hurdles requirements placed by the impotent BBB for the filing of a BBB "complaint" anyhow.

Just my personal opinions and two cents' worth, to adopt or ignore as you may see fit....

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a unit at Jean La Fitte house, also through CJ timeshares. and it closed without incident...

This is only a 12 or 13 unit building and as far as reservations and guest certs go, I dont think there is any formal process...an owner calls Marlene and she will do an internal exchange, or add a guest over the phone...no written confirmation...If Marlene is not working today, you have to wait until tomorrow to get it done. I suspect you are on the right track thinking that the developer wants this week back, but I doubt that CJ timeshares or TCS is trying to help him...

The resort dosent see the new deed until after its recorded and then it seems to me its too late for George to stop anything

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think you are being too lenient in the amount of time you have given them to respond. In my past experience, when I file a BBB complaint, I hear from the company within 2 days. I'd be inclined to give the company 2 days to get back to you regarding what they are doing to fix it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? As far as I know, the developer DOESN'T have any kind of "first right of refusal" to buy back the week.

Im a Florida licensed real estate agent..when I sell a condo, my buyer has to apply to the condo association for membership, and be approved before there can be a closing. The authority for this approval process is part of the documents (recorded at the courthouse) that originally established the condo and the condo association....Timeshares are condos too so I would expect George has no right to do what he is trying to do unless its written in the original documentation when the timeshare was established

I know La is not Fl, and timeshares are not exactly the same as condos so I may be wrong here, but I owned my timeshare at Jean La Fitte House before the folks at the resort knew it was for sale. (bought through CJ and closed at TCS)

Ive also done two transfers at other New Orleans timeshares as do-it-yourself projects, preparing the deeds myself and sending them off to be recorded in New Orleans...In both cases the new deed was recorded before the folks at the resort knew what we were doing

Your mistake, if you can call it a mistake, was alerting George to what you were doing, by trying to lock in your reservation before you owned the place

But I agree with Theo...George cant do squat

Your goal now is to get a deed recorded and back into your hands in the next 55 days, (before Jazz fest) and some evidence that the mf has been paid....Then just show up

by the way..this place bills mf twice a year...I havent yet received my spring billing.

Congratulations on a great purchase, but I dont think you will get this all resolved in time for you to rent it before this years Jazz fest...So enjoy it yourself and start making some money with it next year

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you need it I have Marlene's phone number as well as the guy that keeps track of maintenance fee payments...pm me