• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CJ Timeshare Info

JVT

Reaction score
Regarding Customer Service

I think we need to understand that with a company like CJ we are not really their customer....we buyers are what they deliver to their customers (the timeshare relief companies and the people that want to be rid of their timeshares) And of course like any real estate broker they have to depend on their customers (the sellers) for the description of what they own...The title company is where the real due diligence is done. If they cant deliver what is in the contract, then your money will be refunded...I have no doubt....(timing is another matter)

Thanks for your response, Ron. It's good for me to see how CJ and brokers like them see their customers. Having my doctorate in the health care world, my view of customers/patients are different. Seeing it through their eyes does help me with perspective.

One thing that I must respectfully disagree on is that if the brokers don't treat the buyers right, they are doing the sellers (their true customers as you put it) an injustice. They are messing up sales for them, prolonging the time the property is on the market, etc..

Also, due diligence should be done at all times by all parties not just the title company. I must admit, I am guilty bc I did not in this case.

If a potential seller approached a broker and said I have a 6 BR house on 1 acre of land (or in the case of a TS, a certain week or unit), a true broker would not just take the seller's word for it. They would make sure of it.

Having family in law enforcement and in law, I also know it would not be wise for any broker (shipper, delivery guy, etc) to deliver a product without knowing what it is first.

Imagine this scenario:

Seller: "Hey can you drop this package off to this buyer. I'll pay you $50."

Broker: "Sure, what's in it?"

Seller: "Cookies"

Broker: "OK"

Then the broker gets busted for delivering drugs.

The "I thought they were cookies" story won't fly in court.

JVT

Reaction score
If a potential seller approached a broker and said I have a 6 BR house on 1 acre of land (or in the case of a TS, a certain week or unit), a true broker would not just take the seller's word for it. They would make sure of it.

Their reputation depends on it.

That way they don't have to keep changing their names, re-incorporating, changing entities, changing their eBay user IDs etc. Some companies change names like I change my underwear (every other week!).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im not saying that cj and companies like them dont treat there buyers well. CJ has treated me with nothing but respect in the several deals I've done with them, but I never lose sight of who they really represent.

And I didnt say that CJ shouldnt do some due diligence before they take a listing, but things can and do come up in a title search, beyond what a real estate agent can find...Thats why we recommend title companies in the first place.

as a side issue and an example

There is an ad on ebay now for a timeshare the seller (not cj) says is a 52 week floater...its not: but that fact wont come up in anyone's due diligence and the seller may not even know; if he never tried to reserve one of the 6 black out weeks..and this isnt anything that would come up in a title search..unless the buyer asks the right question of the right people

JVT

Reaction score
Im not saying that cj and companies like them dont treat there buyers well. CJ has treated me with nothing but respect in the several deals I've done with them, but I never lose sight of who they really represent.

And I didnt say that CJ shouldnt do some due diligence before they take a listing, but things can and do come up in a title search, beyond what a real estate agent can find...Thats why we recommend title companies in the first place.

as a side issue and an example

There is an ad on ebay now for a timeshare the seller (not cj) says is a 52 week floater...its not: but that fact wont come up in anyone's due diligence and the seller may not even know; if he never tried to reserve one of the 6 black out weeks..and this isnt anything that would come up in a title search..unless the buyer asks the right question of the right people

Thanks Ron. I appreciate it. I get to learn more and more as I read yours and other peoples posts. I am so new to this but am learning more and more from you all.