• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Forum Upgrade/complaint/compliments/whatever thread!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
My favorite new feature (I think it's new), is the ability to resize linked images. I often link to images on my Smugmug site, and a Smugmug "upgrade" took away my ability to resize before I linked it. I usually don't want to link to a full sized image.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@TUGBrian
Here is a minor issue:
1. You post. (Post 1)
2. You notice an error, edit your post and save. (Post 2)
3. You notice a second error and go to edit. You see Post 1 and not Post 2.
4. So, you can cancel. You see Post 2.

It's almost as if 'edit' fetches the post from a mirror that has not yet caught up!

I actually tried to reproduce the issue with this post. But couldn't do it!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
@TUGBrian
Here is a minor issue:
1. You post. (Post 1)
2. You notice an error, edit your post and save. (Post 2)
3. You notice a second error and go to edit. You see Post 1 and not Post 2.
4. So, you can cancel. You see Post 2.

It's almost as if 'edit' fetches the post from a mirror that has not yet caught up!

I actually tried to reproduce the issue with this post. But couldn't do it!
I edit quite a few of my posts the same way and haven't noticed this issue yet.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
It happened in this post last time. I added the second paragraph and the screenshot in the edit&save. When I tried to edit again, I couldn't see the prior edit. I canceled and it was there. It took a while before the edit would bring up the prior edit!

15% is usury! TS is a depreciating asset like an automobile. Mush worse in that it instantly depreciates 100% to ~$0 resale value in the blink of an eye at the end of the rescission period! :)
Borrowing against a depreciating asset at any interest rate greater than the rate of inflation is a terrible idea! ~0% is the only acceptable rate, imo!

There should have been a page containing Loan information and additional disclosures showing how much this loan will cost over 10 years. You would have paid ~15,000 in interest! :eek:

View attachment 16023

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
cant reproduce whatever it is you are doing. would suggest using the preview button to review your posts prior to submitting them if it is happening to you with frequency.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello - New site looks nice, I'm back in town and noticed while trying to post a sighting that cut and paste from II is a mess and a look at some recent sightings suggest others are having the same issue. not sure if an upgrade issue or something else. Example:

This is what gets pasted over now: the boxes, the text all over the place.
You use to be able to just have to clean up white space......this will be a bit more of a PIA to clean up.

EDIT: Let me play with it more. I just realized after I posted this, the "all over the place" settles back in and looks ok on the actual post.

Marriott's Barony Beach Club
Hilton Head Island , SC , USA
MBY
icon_elite_small.png

Overall Rating

679 Member Ratings

Jan 05 2020 - Jan 12 2020

icon_unit.gif
2 6 8

icon_kitchen.gif

Jan 10 2020 - Jan 17 2020

icon_unit.gif
2 6 8

icon_kitchen.gif

Feb 28 2020 - Mar 06 2020

icon_unit.gif
2 6 8

icon_kitchen.gif

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Hello - New site looks nice, I'm back in town and noticed while trying to post a sighting that cut and paste from II is a mess and a look at some recent sightings suggest others are having the same issue. not sure if an upgrade issue or something else. Example:

This is what gets pasted over now: the boxes, the text all over the place.
You use to be able to just have to clean up white space......this will be a bit more of a PIA to clean up.
You are copy/pasting data that is formatted as a data table on the II site. I think what you are seeing initially is how your browser, in its composition window, interprets and displays the table. Some of the cells appear to be void of data, creating all that white space. To see how it will look when posted, after our software codes the page, click the Preview button below the composition window.
reply_bottom_PreviewButton.gif
Scroll down to see the preview tacked on the bottom of the page (it was on the top of the page in the previous software).

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Why is the KBV subforum under Hawaii always bold when there are no new posts? I always mark all forums read after each session. The next time I look at forums, this sub is bold, even when the Hawaii forum is not and there hasn't been anything new in the KBV forum since Dec. 21.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, we increased the font size of the subforums as viewed on the main page and somehow it messed with the bold/unbold feature. ive been trying to figure out how to change that for awahile now.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
yea, we increased the font size of the subforums as viewed on the main page and somehow it messed with the bold/unbold feature. ive been trying to figure out how to change that for awahile now.

Thanks, Brian. At least I know I'm not missing something.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are copy/pasting data that is formatted as a data table on the II site. I think what you are seeing initially is how your browser, in its composition window, interprets and displays the table. Some of the cells appear to be void of data, creating all that white space. To see how it will look when posted, after our software codes the page, click the Preview button below the composition window.
Scroll down to see the preview tacked on the bottom of the page (it was on the top of the page in the previous software).

Thanks- but it is still different and I also tried with a different browser. I'm use to all the white space and needing to clear it out in order for the post to look nice. But, the jumbled mess while editing the white space out is a hassle.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks- but it is still different and I also tried with a different browser. I'm use to all the white space and needing to clear it out in order for the post to look nice. But, the jumbled mess while editing the white space out is a hassle.
I think you perhaps want to click the "Toggle BB Code" before pasting your text in to the post. It is that little gear button and it prevents markup formatting. So it just pastes the text. No white space to remove. Here is the results of what I did. Not intentionally trying to post a sighting, but this is Grande Vista, where there is always a lot of availability.

Marriott's Grande Vista Resort
MGR
Resort Details & Photos
Jan 06 2020 - Jan 13 2020

Mar 05 2020 - Mar 12 2020

Mar 06 2020 - Mar 13 2020

Mar 07 2020 - Mar 14 2020

Mar 09 2020 - Mar 16 2020

Mar 12 2020 - Mar 19 2020

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The resulting posted text is exactly the same as how I pasted it from the II search results.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you perhaps want to click the "Toggle BB Code" before pasting your text in to the post. It is that little gear button and it prevents markup formatting. So it just pastes the text. No white space to remov
Thanks. As I don't have an II account, I had no access to the original II source to really investigate.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dioxide, that is much better. Mine sets up a bit differently and I need to clear a bit of white space out, but nothing like it has been recently. This is how mine pastes...but is workable for me.

Marriott's Grande Vista Resort
Orlando , FL , USA
MGV

Overall Rating

2114 Member Ratings

Jan 12 2020 - Jan 19 2020

e

Jan 24 2020 - Jan 31 2020

e

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@dioxide45 @TUGBrian
1. Is there a way to post two-dimensional polls? Multiple questions in a single poll, with each question having 2 or more responses.
2. Is there a way to post a Quiz to test TS knowledge? (Polls and quizzes are great traffic generators.)
3. Is there a TEST area on this BBS where one can play with BB codes, Polls, etc. without cluttering up regular forums?

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2. Is there a TEST area on this BBS where one can play with BB codes, Polls, etc. without cluttering up regular forums?
You can always use the Preview button below the message entry area then scroll down to view the preview and see how the message would look. Only hit the 'Post reply' or 'Post thread' button if you want to actually post the message. Just close the window/tab or back out without posting if you don't want to actually post the message.

Also you can try things out in a private conversation post to a dummy user called test post. You can try things out without fear of accidentally posting publicly. If you actually hit the 'Start conversation' button it won't really go anywhere as I've turned conversation reception off for this dummy user, but the message will still clutter up YOUR conversation area.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
the page number blocks should appear at the top and bottom of every page?

View attachment 15987
It has reverted back to displaying page numbers only at the bottom of the page.

Can you get it changed back again to both top and bottom of the page?

Thanks.

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nothing was changed, the screenshot i posted is how it appears normally.

the page numbers appear at the top and the bottom by default.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Appearing at top and bottom for me.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I've got the LMR dates showing everywhere they need to. :whooopie:
So the intermittent delays I've caused while working on this should be over. :banana:
Sorry, for slowing things down off and on today, and the occasional flashes of large red code in the LMR forums. I was back revisiting the LMR code because it was displaying a default "45 days in the future" line instead of the actual LMR date directly above the message entry box when viewing a thread. Looks like the revised code got it done.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it possible to look to see if there is an Ignore More or Ignore Content plugin available for the current version of Xenforo that TUG BBS runs on? I know I would certainly like the ability to ignore certain threads and even specific forums. I know that this feature was there on the prior version of Xenforo but it was lost in the most recent upgrade.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is it possible to look to see if there is an Ignore More or Ignore Content plugin available for the current version of Xenforo that TUG BBS runs on? I know I would certainly like the ability to ignore certain threads and even specific forums. I know that this feature was there on the prior version of Xenforo but it was lost in the most recent upgrade.
We were using the "Ignore More" add-on and did lose it with the upgrade to XenForo 2. There IS an update to this add-on and I've just emailed info on it to TUGBrian.

Meanwhile, I've been getting along pretty well by setting the few forums I follow daily to be "watched" and using this as my go-to URL: https://tugbbs.com/forums/watched/forums. You can also get there from the top-of-screen menu via Forums | Watched forums.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We were using the "Ignore More" add-on and did lose it with the upgrade to XenForo 2. There IS an update to this add-on and I've just emailed info on it to TUGBrian.

Meanwhile, I've been getting along pretty well by setting the few forums I follow daily to be "watched" and using this as my go-to URL: https://tugbbs.com/forums/watched/forums. You can also get there from the top-of-screen menu via Forums | Watched forums.
Thanks. I do used watched threads and watched forums. I also like using "What's New". I think I am looking to be able to hide certain threads that I either don't want to get wound up in or would rather avoid. I know I can not click on them, but hiding them keeps my "What's New" feed and forums a little cleaner. Also with all the COVID related threads in the Lounge, I find it hard to avoid reading through for some of the non COVID stuff, so I am looking to be able to hide certain threads so they don't show up at all which is what I liked on the prior version of Xenforo.