• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Forum Upgrade/complaint/compliments/whatever thread!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
could you give me an example so we are on the same page? im not quite sure what you are describing.

This is a thread that I commented on the old board. Note no avatar for me, but I had commented.

1577510810586.png

Now on new board, I have commented.
1577510875938.png

So it appears to have LOST the knowledge of previous posts that were made on the other board. I guess it is only a short term issue and not a long term one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added more items to the top navigation bars to the other sections of TUG...please let me know if there is a common link/etc you would like added to the drop down menus!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a thread that I commented on the old board. Note no avatar for me, but I had commented.

View attachment 15770

View attachment 15772

So it appears to have LOST the knowledge of previous posts that were made on the other board. I guess it is only a short term issue and not a long term one.
hmm...shall look into this. i would gander its a caching issue and will likely rectify itself during the forums usual maintenance cycles (Whenever that particular task runs again)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

View attachment 15770

View attachment 15772

That Blender Recommendations thread is a thread where you replied in the old vBulletin BBS software, not the previous Xenforo software. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry if the board was super slow the past few min, i was updating something behind the scenes and it required alot of tempate rebuilding etc.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That Blender Recommendations thread is a thread where you replied in the old vBulletin BBS software, not the previous Xenforo software. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I realize that. It is like it forgot past post data. That is what I pointed out to Brian.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
could you give me an example so we are on the same page? im not quite sure what you are describing.
See this post from XF1 when avatars were square:

This is a feature of posts entered in XenForo. It's not present for old posts entered via vBulletin.

[Edit] Whoops. I see you figured this out.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The Last minute rentals used to give the outside date for posting, I don't see that now. The pages do look nice.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
The Last minute rentals used to give the outside date for posting, I don't see that now.
We're still trying to figure out how to implement this in the new software.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
thank you

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
After reading the last post in a thread I click on the link at the bottom to return to the forum level listing all messages, e.g., “About TUG BBS” below.
Can you increase the font size below as I would think it’s a much more frequent activity than the Share: line of icons.
I think it was a pretty prominent button previously.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
After reading the last post in a thread I click on the link at the bottom to return to the forum level listing all messages, e.g., “About TUG BBS” below.
Can you increase the font size below as I would think it’s a much more frequent activity than the Share: line of icons.
I think it was a pretty prominent button previously.
Perhaps the font size of the same that is at the top should be increased also.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not see any easy way to increase the size of the breadcrumbs at the top/bottom...but I will keep looking.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually did locate a way to do this, bumped it up a notch to make it easier for you guys to read!

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed the font SIZE at least hasnt changed from the previous version...but it is possible that the different color combination makes it looks different for some folks. I do recall we did change the background color of the posts themselves, but not the font size.

this is of course something we can tinker with to try to make better if more folks have the same issue! maybe bumping up the font size one notch might improve things!
It's reading a bit better to me today, as I have my glasses on instead of contacts with reading glasses that I was wearing late in the day when I made the comment. I'll go through it some more and see if I get more adjusted to it. Overall the contrast seems a bit lower to me, but maybe in time I'll adjust better.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

View attachment 15770

View attachment 15772

I see you fixed this Brian. Thanks.......

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am still seeing ads at the bottom of the "Watched threads" list. Oddly, I also see them at the bottom of page 1 of this thread, but not the bottom of the other pages.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also see the ads at bottom. Went back to top of page to confirm I am logged in -- before noticing I can see my avatar from here.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am actually seeing them at the bottom of a lot of pages now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
*sigh..im not sure whats going on with the ads at the moment. members saying ads are showing up....and im logged in as a non member account in another browser and I dont see any ads.

working on it. something definately changed with the upgrade with the ads, as the number of clicks from the forums was pretty standard since the installation of xen...and since the upgrade to 2.x its plummeted down to nothing.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
yea I was tinkering with this...ive changed it now to light blue..see if thats more pleasing.

note this is a SUPER easy change...so if someone discovers the actual color, or thinks thats too light/dark/etc...its very easy to switch it around.
Brian,

If you need to see the old pages, they are archived at https://www.archive.org. Enter www.tugbbs.com. You will see a timeline. Click one of the bars. Then find a date-in-a-circle below. Click the date and you will see TUG BBS pages as of that date.

Larry

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
*sigh..im not sure whats going on with the ads at the moment. members saying ads are showing up....and im logged in as a non member account in another browser and I dont see any ads.

working on it. something definately changed with the upgrade with the ads, as the number of clicks from the forums was pretty standard since the installation of xen...and since the upgrade to 2.x its plummeted down to nothing.
Weren't the ads previously not shown for BBS registered users? Now I notice it mentions that ads are disabled for TUG Members. Have ads always only been disabled for just TUG Members or was it for BBS registered users?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

I noticed where before I would stay logged in, even with it marked now, at time I have to sign in again. With the avatar icon not predominant on the page as before perhaps others are getting logged off and aren’t noticing and thus seeing ads. I have seen none when I am logged in.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, think i have it sorted now. members should not see any more ads.

guess there is a fun feature with most modern versions of firefox called "Enhanced tracking protection" which essentially enables it to block google ads and the like by default without any need to implement or configure an additional popup blocker.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed where before I would stay logged in, even with it marked now, at time I have to sign in again. With the avatar icon not predominant on the page as before perhaps others are getting logged off and aren’t noticing and thus seeing ads. I have seen none when I am logged in.

this sounds like a cookie problem, might have to completely delete the tugbbs forum cookie and recreate it to allow you to stay logged in over and over if it keeps asking you to log in every time you visit.