• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Forum Upgrade/complaint/compliments/whatever thread!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
“Recent Posts” seems to be missing.
I used “New Posts” to look around but it is not the same as recent.
is that feature coming back?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
“Recent Posts” seems to be missing.
I used “New Posts” to look around but it is not the same as recent.
is that feature coming back?
How is it different? The only thing I see different with Recent Posts is that it defaults to show only unread where the old New Posts showed read and unread threads.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
How is it different? The only thing I see different with Recent Posts is that it defaults to show only unread where the old New Posts showed read and unread threads.
Exactly. Sometimes I want to see what I saw.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just tell me which button I need to push to see all postings in chronological order, whether I've seen them 20 times already or not. At this point I don't feel confident I'm seeing everything when I can't find a discussion that had activity earlier today. I don't care if there hasn't been new activity since 8am, I feel like I ought to be able to scroll down and see everything.

Reactions: jme

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just tell me which button I need to push to see all postings in chronological order, whether I've seen them 20 times already or not. At this point I don't feel confident I'm seeing everything when I can't find a discussion that had activity earlier today. I don't care if there hasn't been new activity since 8am, I feel like I ought to be able to scroll down and see everything.
Go to "What's new", then "New posts". Then click the little x beside "Unread" in the filter area above the first post in the list. THis should show you everything within the last two weeks in chronological order.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, all of those options are available from the "WHATS NEW" drop down menu at the very top.

and even within that some of the items allow further filtering to tailor to whatever view you would like to see.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
yep, all of those options are available from the "WHATS NEW" drop down menu at the very top.

and even within that some of the items allow further filtering to tailor to whatever view you would like to see.
I also now see that you can set the filters you setup as default, within that filter drop down on the right.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok as I see it we have multiple options.

1. "whats new" - under whats new itself this first list should be ALL new posts read or unread..literally a list of all recently updated posts regardless of your settings or past views (this not customizable, and is just a default display of all recent posts)

2. new posts - under whats new as well (next option over). This is customizable with the FILTER button at the far right corner, for instance i have mine set to "unread posts" so essentially this gives me a list of all recent posts that I have not yet read. the filter option is able to be saved so you dont have to redo the filter each and every visit.

hope that clears up the change in terminology and features from what folks used to use as "unread posts"

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
ok as I see it we have multiple options.

1. "whats new" - under whats new itself this first list should be ALL new posts read or unread..literally a list of all recently updated posts regardless of your settings or past views (this not customizable, and is just a default display of all recent posts)

2. new posts - under whats new as well (next option over). This is customizable with the FILTER button at the far right corner, for instance i have mine set to "unread posts" so essentially this gives me a list of all recent posts that I have not yet read. the filter option is able to be saved so you dont have to redo the filter each and every visit.

hope that clears up the change in terminology and features from what folks used to use as "unread posts"
I also think "What's new" also includes profile posts, or was that changed?

I also much like that when you click Reply now, it automatically also quotes the message in your reply. That is new from the prior version that I missed from vBulletin. Now people won't be able to as easily delete their posts when they get grumpy with the replies they don't like.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm, ive always had the quote from the persons post i clicked reply on even in 1.5 (assuming you click the reply FROM that persons post). I dont see any change in functionality there.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Go to "What's new", then "New posts". Then click the little x beside "Unread" in the filter area above the first post in the list. THis should show you everything within the last two weeks in chronological order.

That worked, AFTER I tried three times and finally wrote the instructions down before trying to find what I was looking for (nothing earth shattering, just a post I commented on this morning so I could tell it was missing). Thank you. Have I already mentioned I hate change?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry :(

unfortunately there is no going back...i can only try to continue to make modifications to make it better moving forward.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
hmm, ive always had the quote from the persons post i clicked reply on even in 1.5 (assuming you click the reply FROM that persons post). I dont see any change in functionality there.
In 1.5 I think there were separate Quote and Reply buttons. There was also a separate multiquote like there is now. The problem was that in many cases, people simply hit reply which didn't insert the quote of the post they were replying to. Now the Reply button works like the old Quote button and inserts the quote of the message you are replying to.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea I cant confirm as we cant look at the old site...but I was pretty positive anytime I click the reply link inside someone elses post, it would quote the post in the reply. it simply copies the post into the quickreply box at the bottom.

anytime I wanted to just reply without the quote, I would start typing in the quickreply box at the bottom without hitting reply inside the post itself..

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
wow. Not the first time in the twilight zone for Mr Bill so , wow.

Bill

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like the new colors. I found some parts of the previous color scheme extremely difficult to read, especially the white/gray characters on light blue background.
I know you didn't do it for the color scheme, but just that is quite an improvement. Thank you.

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm finding the new format on the message boards much more difficult to read. The text appears to be smaller, but the bigger issue in my reading through it seems to be that the contrast is not as great between colors, making it more of an effort to get through. It's annoying to the point of making me not want to go through the boards to save the strain.

Nobody else has mentioned this so far, so I'm wondering if I need to adjust text size or contrast in some way in my browser, since I'm just reading it exactly as it came up when I loaded it? I figured it would keep whatever settings I may have had on default previously, but it doesn't look that way to me.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Overall navigation is similar so an easy transition so far. One missing, non essential thing...old system image below, when I would be on main page I could see my avatar in a larger form vs very tiny on top now.
5AEC580E-E25A-4633-BA42-67CCED738441.jpeg

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
New site was easy to adapt to and was very functional on a mkbile or laptop. Great work! Wyndham could have used your help when they upgraded their site a few years back.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm finding the new format on the message boards much more difficult to read. The text appears to be smaller, but the bigger issue in my reading through it seems to be that the contrast is not as great between colors, making it more of an effort to get through. It's annoying to the point of making me not want to go through the boards to save the strain.

Nobody else has mentioned this so far, so I'm wondering if I need to adjust text size or contrast in some way in my browser, since I'm just reading it exactly as it came up when I loaded it? I figured it would keep whatever settings I may have had on default previously, but it doesn't look that way to me.

I have confirmed the font SIZE at least hasnt changed from the previous version...but it is possible that the different color combination makes it looks different for some folks. I do recall we did change the background color of the posts themselves, but not the font size.

this is of course something we can tinker with to try to make better if more folks have the same issue! maybe bumping up the font size one notch might improve things!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Overall navigation is similar so an easy transition so far. One missing, non essential thing...old system image below, when I would be on main page I could see my avatar in a larger form vs very tiny on top now. View attachment 15749

hmm...im not sure how to bring this back...it was likely an option with the avatar add on we had in the previous version...but ill look into it!

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
I'm actually finding the type size in the posts bigger! It's not a problem - I just mentioned it since someone said they found it smaller.

I just hit "Command -" on my Mac and it became the old size. "Command +" made it bigger. (I think it's "Control -" and Control + on Windows.)