• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Forum Upgrade/complaint/compliments/whatever thread!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian,

If you need to see the old pages, they are archived at https://www.archive.org. Enter www.tugbbs.com. You will see a timeline. Click one of the bars. Then find a date-in-a-circle below. Click the date and you will see TUG BBS pages as of that date.

Larry

yep, we arent all that far off...i do note we had an alternating background color for posts on that old forum...this appears to be an add on theme for posts that no longer works in 2.0..but ill see if i can recreate it using the features in 2.0 now.

looking back I do kinda like how each post was very obvious as one was light blue and the other the default grey etc...also the quote box was much cleaner as well. I hope to get back to that after I figure out how to do it again.

1577589553858.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
updated the quote block color/background...much closer to what it was before!

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not really getting an error code, but when I click post thread it never appears
[Moved from thread in TUG Lounge]

Last edited by a moderator:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
@TUGBrian

The smiley function has the same (few) smilies that have been there forever......maybe it's time to upgrade the smileys?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I am not really getting an error code, but when I click post thread it never appears
[Moved from thread in TUG Lounge]
First report of this I've heard. You must be logged in at the time or you wouldn't even see a message composition screen or "New post" button.

Might you have logged in with "Stay logged in" NOT checked? If so, and if you took long enough reading downloaded messages and/or writing your post, the board may have ended your session. Since your page would have already been downloaded and not updated, the board may not have reacted. I'd have thought it would have popped up an option to log in, though.

Do you see ANY sort of change on the screen when you press "Post thread" ?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
@TUGBrian

The smiley function has the same (few) smilies that have been there forever......maybe it's time to upgrade the smileys?
I agree, it seems those same "old fashioned" ones from vBulletin carried over. It's time for some new, and more, smilies!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also I did confirm that the negative "reactions" (wow, sad and angry) available when you like a post now do not actually reduce your likes. they are considered "neutral" reactions and neither add, nor subtract from the users total likes.

only the first 3 (like, love, and haha) actually ad to the like count for the user.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
updated the quote block color/background...much closer to what it was before!

It appears the sub groups (Hyatt, KBV) stay BOLD in the 'timeshare resort systems' or 'timeshare resort regions' even after all posts have been read. When you click to the actual forum, it is not bold once all have been read.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It appears the sub groups (Hyatt, KBV) stay BOLD in the 'timeshare resort systems' or 'timeshare resort regions' even after all posts have been read. When you click to the actual forum, it is not bold once all have been read.

I just did a test and marked the hyatt forum read, it changed from bold to unbold for me (the forum title). I did have to refresh though vs just press the back button.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you're looking at a screen that was already downloaded before those message were read, it won't automatically update -- you'll need to refresh it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
@TUGBrian

added a bunch more that seem to have come with xenforo.

they can get added individually fairly easily if someone has some favorites they wish to include.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Last minute rentals used to give the outside date for posting, I don't see that now. The pages do look nice.
We're still trying to figure out how to implement this in the new software.
I've got the code working in the initial forum display pages for LMR Offered and LMR Wanted.
Now it's just a matter of sussing out where to insert the code in the thread-viewing and message-posting sections.
(Sorry for slowing down the forum response while working on this.)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Has anyone else noticed that response time has improved greatly? I know TUG BBS doesn't show ads to TUG members. I still set my Ad Block Plus to not block anything on this site. Same with Club Wyndham website. Shave a few milliseconds!
This site sill gets a few deprecation warnings from Chrome while Club Wyndham site gets tons of it!

View attachment 15866
Much cleaner and faster on MS Edge!

View attachment 15882
Yes, emojis come with a cost! They are insecure! No more emojis from me!

View attachment 15884

Sorry, I posted these comments in a Wyndham thread. I realize now that they belong here.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've got the code working in the initial forum display pages for LMR Offered and LMR Wanted.
Now it's just a matter of sussing out where to insert the code in the thread-viewing and message-posting sections.
I think I've got the LMR dates showing everywhere they need to. :whooopie:
So the intermittent delays I've caused while working on this should be over. :banana:

ny-53.gif

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry, I posted these comments in a Wyndham thread. I realize now that they belong here.
No worries, I tagged Brian because I figured he wasn't seeing the thread in the Wyndham forum. Looks like he is able to fix the security concern with the emojis!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@Makai Guy

Your spectacular fireworks didn't impress MS Edge at all!

1577853810859.png

But here's how Chrome took it! Ok, it may not be your fireworks! I am going to get my son to look at it!

1577853928571.png

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Looks good now, thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it no longer possible to sort in each forum by the number of views or number of posts in the threads? I seem to recall in the past version as well as vBulletin that you could sort the threads by number of replies or views. I use this to sometimes find certain threads that I knew had a lot of replies.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it no longer possible to sort in each forum by the number of views or number of posts in the threads? I seem to recall in the past version as well as vBulletin that you could sort the threads by number of replies or views. I use this to sometimes find certain threads that I knew had a lot of replies.
Nevermind, figured it out. You have to use the filter option in the forum to sort now. You can't just click on the header (which no longer exists).

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Threads in the old format that were more than one page, had the page numbers listed at the top and bottom of the thread. This made adding posts to a thread very convenient. Now, in the new format, page numbers are only displayed at the bottom of the thread. If one wants to add a post, they need to scroll down to the bottom before a post can be added.

Can this be changed back to the old format with page numbers being included at the top of the thread? Thanks.

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the page number blocks should appear at the top and bottom of every page?

1577994725092.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that is how it is now, thats a screenshot from this very thread =)