• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cheated out of first year use of resale

rayreavis

Reaction score
I followed up with the company about a week ago since I had not received an email or anything from RCI. She said they were probably busy and that she would send them an email at the end of the week to check on the status.

Of course yesterday was a holiday but still, does RCI usually take this long to transfer? I've not done this so I have no frame of reference.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

rayreavis

Reaction score
Still no word or any email from RCI. It was 5/13/19 when the broker sent the email saying she had signed me up for RCI. 5/21/19 Dawn said RCI was probably backed up. So I've been patient, but this seems excessive. I emailed again requesting an update. I'll keep the thread updated as I find out more info.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not be patient with RCI. I would call and escalate.

rayreavis

Reaction score
As of Friday June 14th I finally got the email from RCI. I'm not familiar with the way the exchanges work, so bear with me. I'm showing my timeshare in there and it says I get 21 Deposit Trading Power if I were to deposit either my 2020 or my 2021 week. My DTP credits balance is 2. So it sounds like the previous owner deposited the 2019 that I was supposed to have use of and used 19 of them.

I haven't decided if I'm going to complain to the broker or not. I really don't think the broker knew ahead of time, but then again they are the ones who represented the sale as having 2019 usage. When I bought it I knew there was a chance the 2019 was a bust, so I'm not put out that much. I have to decide if it's worth the hassle.

To top it all, I notice in the RCI platform it shows "RCI Weeks Membership Valid Thru: 30 Jun 2019." So I'll have to pay for a year of RCI just to use my 2 measly points? By my calculations my $430 in MF earns me 21 DTP units, so that makes a unit worth $20.48 each. So paying $99 to keep those two units seems like a very bad deal since there's nothing I can do with them prior to June 30th. Are my calculations sound? I appreciate any input.

Of course if I think I will use RCI in the future maybe I'll keep it anyway but really wasn't to keen on the idea. I guess I have 10 days to decide ... tick tock tick.. LOL

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would contact Timeshares4u / Dawn and let them know and ask for a reimbursement of 2019 MF or prepayment of 2020 MF.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
2 TPU won’t get you anything ,lowest I’ve ever seen was 3 TPU.