• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel & Rebook - no longer possible?

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Without cancel /rebook how much more money is this costing for a reservation these days?

My guess would be double

Got to be causing rental prices to be going up considerably

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Without cancel /rebook how much more money is this costing for a reservation these days?

My guess would be double

Got to be causing rental prices to be going up considerably
If you have 1 million points and take a 50% discounts your points convert to 2 million for what 1 million points cost in maintenance fees. Your maintenance fees cut in half meaning 2 million points cost approx $3 per 1000 if your fees were $6 per 1000. In other words your maintenance fees stay the same while your points double if all your reservations are discounted at 50%. And add to this, free unit upgrades if available.

Last year all our reservations were discounted at 50% with many of them upgraded. We snowbird in Florida for about 5 months every winter so there is a lot of availability which makes discounts and upgrades almost certain. Our Memorial Day week in DC is at 50% as was our New Orleans and Nashville trips. These were book, book and cancel to get the discounts. The only time we use full points is for the Presidential Inauguration every four years using ARP. I book those reservation at 13 months out. You have to have a plan and plan ahead.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jmama: please stop yelling, and welcome to my ignore list.
One measure for me of the credibility of any post is the CAPS LOK and number of exclamation marks used. At three exclamation marks in a single post, it becomes a scroll by goodbye. Nothing to be learned there.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was very useful. Maybe a little more stress as along with my rebooks and upgrades I was going after other inventory that came available as well. Sometimes 15-20 browsers open tagging everything for 15 minutes so I could get a VC to upgrade etc. The real upside was I had the rest of the day free.
They put an end to that also. You cannot grab more than one unit at a time with the same login/ownership.
Wyndham restricted a number of systematic abuses with the launch of Voyager, as some owners predicted would happen with the launch. The abuse detailed here is just another one of them.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
One measure for me of the credibility of any post is the CAPS LOK and number of exclamation marks used. At three exclamation marks in a single post, it becomes a scroll by goodbye. Nothing to be learned there.
I see it as a long time Wyndham owner, happy for years with the system, I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for what they own. Over the years, losing more and more of their VIP benefits that they were promised over and over again as they were upsold several times (can you imagine the number of owner updates they must have gone to). And now banging their head against the wall, and the only way to virtually express that is with caps and exclamation points. After all these years, they found TUG (and we slammed 'em). Tough crowd some days.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see it as a long time Wyndham owner, happy for years with the system, I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for what they own. Over the years, losing more and more of their VIP benefits that they were promised over and over again as they were upsold several times (can you imagine the number of owner updates they must have gone to).
This ground was covered almost 2 years ago in a number of threads. Scroll back to post #84 (mid-page 4) in this thread for one example.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we would like better transparency into what "is". Regardless of whether what "is" is fair or not, we are not even clear what "it" is. Based on the language in the agreement, Wyndham has two separate rights; one to book at any point (as owner of points); and one to book within 60 days ("developer rights"). It would be helpful to understand what Wyndham is actually doing with each of these rights, regardless of whether we agree that those rights are legitimate and/or create any OCI issues.

Particular questions that I have are:

1) how many reservations are made by Wyndham beyond 60 days? At what times and at what resorts?
2) for reservations taken within 60 days; are actual points taken from Wyndham account(s) to hold these reservations? How is the 10% of inventory preserved? systematically? (shudder)
3) for reservations taken within 30 days; (could be ALL remaining inventory) - same question, are points taken from Wyndham account(s) to hold these reservations
4) for reservations held that enter the cancellation window, does Wyndham forfeit points if the reservations are subsequently released?

The point being, Wyndham should not have the ability to reserve as much inventory as may be allowed in the trust language, throughout the course of the year.

I would also guess that there is at least some consideration that it is not a sustainable model for Wyndham to reserve all the desirable reservations ahead of owners. If that were the case, Ron may have had more difficulty getting his Mardi Gras reservations.
Wyndham's ownership in the CWA trust fell below 5% as they had to elect an owner to the board. It just happened to be the VP of something. So they can book up to that. Then there is the there is only so many one can book at any one resort. Then there is Select. Ovations gives Wyndham just in time inventory.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk